Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 164 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

Ladybug89

On the Ice
My interview with Stéphane just came online where he also talkes about Deniss and specifically the new SP:

Now I guess I - and Stéph does it in the interview - can reveal that only the second parof the SP is Princess Mononoke- the used piece is “Battle Drums” the first part is Sarakiz- Romanza by Karl Jenkins.

Oh, and the interview also gives a hint what has been going on in Champéry recently ;)

Last edited:

icetug

Medalist
Lombardia Trophy starting list is published and two Latvian skaters are on it but no one is Deniss ;)
I didn't think he was going to start the season in Bergamo anyway, so it's not a surprise. But that Deniss will have two competitors at Nationals - that's a surprise. Quite nice surprise, I'd say.

Last edited:

DenissVFan

Medalist
Lombardia Trophy starting list is published and two Latvian skaters are on it but no one is Deniss ;)
I didn't think he was going to start the season in Bergamo anyway, so it's not a surprise.
It'll be interesting to see where he debuts. Nepela is cancelled, so the next European Challengers are Nebelhorn (where he doesn't need to be) and Finlandia.
But that Deniss will have two competitors at Nationals - that's a surprise. Quite nice surprise, I'd say.
I think the last time Deniss had competition at nationals was in 2016, so it's been a long time 😉 It'd be nice to have nationals this season at all and for Deniss to be there.
Daniels seems to be capable of reaching the minimum TES for Euros and getting the other spot, so I rather expected him to move up to seniors. I don't know about Kirills. He soesn't have any international track record.

ETA: Is Kirills even eligible for Lombardia if he was born in October 2006? I thought you had to be born by 1 July 2006 to be eligible for seniors this season, which makes for example Isold ineligible 🤔

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It'll be interesting to see where he debuts. Nepela is cancelled, so the next European Challengers are Nebelhorn (where he doesn't need to be) and Finlandia.

I think the last time Deniss had competition at nationals was in 2016, so it's been a long time 😉 It'd be nice to have nationals this season at all and for Deniss to be there.
Daniels seems to be capable of reaching the minimum TES for Euros and getting the other spot, so I rather expected him to move up to seniors. I don't know about Kirills. He soesn't have any international track record.

ETA: Is Kirills even eligible for Lombardia if he was born in October 2006? I thought you had to be born by 1 July 2006 to be eligible for seniors this season, which makes for example Isold ineligible 🤔
I believe Deniss was at Nationals in 2019. And I hope he does Finlandia Cup, because Cup of China may be replaced by Finland.

icetug

Medalist
I believe Deniss was at Nationals in 2019. And I hope he does Finlandia Cup, because Cup of China may be replaced by Finland.
At last Nationals Deniss gave one man show ;) Frankly I don't remember Deniss competing with anyone at Nationals on a senior level (but my memory is nothing to rely on).
A travel to China is expensive but I believe Asian Open in Beijing is quite interesting option as it's a test event for the 2022 Olympics. It's three weeks apart from the Cup of China which is cancelled right now but hopefully will be removed to Europe. If they don't decide on it, Finlandia Cup is another good option.

icetug

Medalist
If there's no mistake in his ISU bio, he isn't eligible. Hope Latvian Skating Association considers his entry as there is very unpleasant penalty provided which can involve Deniss:
"Each ISU Member must ensure that Skaters entered for Senior and Junior International Competitions, ISU Championships and Olympic Winter Games fulfill the requirements of the Rules. In case of violation, the ISU Member concerned may lose the right to send Skaters the following season to all Senior and Junior (as the case may be) ISU Championships and International Competitions.)

DenissVFan

Medalist
I believe Glebs Basins got 2nd place in 2016:

2019 nationals was a very memorable competition: Deniss did SP & FS and some extra tricks in one day and then flew to Japanese nationals 😅 Also the stream stopped working for his SP and restarted when he was collecting gifts 😛

Finlandia Trophy seems more realistic than Asian Open but we have to wait and see. I just hope he does a smaller competition before IdF and that another host is found for CoC.

As to Kirills, I have no idea how that happened but I hope the federation addresses it asap...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deniss got ACI, I'm happy about that. But I'm probably going to International Classic and I'm so sad he won't be there.