Artur Danielian | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excellent as I go to SA every year, except for last year.

ETA: I'm going to do like last time and skater watch from the bench outside the hotel and in the lobby!!! I saw everybody! Boyang and Peng slept on the sofa next to me! :love2:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

noeleyle

On the Ice
I watched the test skating yesterday and IMMEDIATELY went "who is this young man???..." The program was fabulous, my favorite of all. Even though is wasn't clean the beauty was still visible. The footwork gives me chills. Bravo.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I watched the test skating yesterday and IMMEDIATELY went "who is this young man???..." The program was fabulous, my favorite of all. Even though is wasn't clean the beauty was still visible. The footwork gives me chills. Bravo.
Check out Artur's skates at Euros 2020! Hopefully he gets back to this form soon.

Wishing Artur better luck in the free today - can't wait to see Scheheradaze.

noeleyle

On the Ice
Check out Artur's skates at Euros 2020! Hopefully he gets back to this form soon.

Wishing Artur better luck in the free today - can't wait to see Scheheradaze.
I watched his 2020 Euros. Have to say in terms of presentation I actually prefer last night's SP ... the Euros version somehow doesn't have the same sparkles. Or maybe it's just because 1tv has better ways with the camera (they do).
And I like the Euros LP! The costume kinda makes me want to see him skate to West Side Story:))) More reasons to watch the new free now. Wish him luck.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FP (fancam) https://youtu.be/EPY7w0UgdMA

1631453923002.png1631453851722.png1631454004305.png1631454059538.png1631454239227.png1631454111486.png
Source:
Fran reviewed the men and Artur was her favorite across all 4 disciplines! So if you want to listen to what she said, can find it here

Channel 1 videos [no longer geoblocked]
SP https://youtu.be/GK36hc_ep5E
FP https://youtu.be/KDswwYcZlVc

Elena BUIANOVA, coach, Irina TAGAEVA, choreographer, Artur DANIELIAN:

ADanielian EBuianovaTestSk21

- We have a new free program, "Scheherazade", to the music of Rimsky-Korsakov. It was staged by Nikita Mikhailov. I think this program is very good for Artur. He has a great sense of the music and corresponds to the appearance of the characters.

Of course, I would like to complicate the content, but so far, to be honest, the preparation is difficult, very difficult recovery. We rise a little, then again descend, and only the great desire of Artur, his desire to overcome all difficulties, makes us not give up and continue to move forward.

We left the short program the same, in connection with these problems that I am talking about. The short one was also staged by Nikita Mikhailov, and it is in no way inferior to world-class programs, - commented coach Elena Buyanova.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Artur is listed as a participant in this show at CSKA (Sept 25th):

Lovers of figure skating

If he goes, I hope he can get a pic with Fernandez if he doesn't already have one!!!

Here's the SP and FP from a fancam. Shows six minute warmup and all the skaters. Artur does land the 4s in one of them, 4t a couple of times. Plus some sideline shots before getting on the ice.
SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV-dj18t97Y&ab_channel=randomfsvideos
FP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v85fkEjg8U&ab_channel=randomfsvideos

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur will compete at least tmrw out of competition at the 1st stage of Moscow City Cup. He's in the starting list.

I will check later to see if there are live streams.

Also Emma Gadzhieva said she will commentate on that show this weekend and would provide a live stream link. I'll keep on the lookout.

ETA:
https://youtu.be/VdUaHhSxwHQ
Link for tomorrow, Moscow City Cup

Scoreboard http://ffkm.ru/images/files/online/2021-09-24_1etapMSK/

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Artur is listed as a participant in this show at CSKA (Sept 25th):

Lovers of figure skating

Live broadcast link

Schedule here, he skates in the 2nd group at 20:44

Day 2 stream:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably best not to post the FP :slink: Best to keep the good memories from yesterday 😞

ewdokia

On the Ice
Oh no. This LP was much worse then at the test skates. It looked like at some point Artur totally lost confidence that he can even land triple jumps. 🙁

IMO his coaching team made a big mistake that they didn’t let him skate some little competitions like this one BEFORE the test skates. I understand Artur is not in very good shape yet and a couple of weeks ago his shape was not better but rather worse. But he could have skated with easier content and not so much pressure just to get the competition feeling again. Now his first outing after having skated his last competition in January 2020 was his first ever senior test skates with a lot of pressure on. No wonder nerves became an issue in particular with himself knowing he is not top prepared yet. And now he pressures himself even more. In the free today you could already see that when he stepped on the ice and that he had doubts. Hope he can leave it behind and will skate great at the show today. :pray:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't see were his team was mistaken especially if he was having difficulties over the summer. Outside that junior Moscow comp prior to test skates there was nowhere for him to compete, competition have only just started and he is putting himself out there now 🤷‍♀️ We can thank his team for that because at least he is visible and showing up to stuff unlike Gogolev. Plus he could have wanted to debut his FP at test skates and that's understandable.

Others coming back from injuries like Mozalev, Lazukin, Vetlugin are in the same boat. None did smaller comps either until this week (St Pete test skate that no one saw does not count) and they are all struggling for one reason or another. Now that the season is in full swing they can do as many in/out competitions as they like. Confidence will come back in time for all of them. Everyone just needs to have patience and realistic expectations. It's a pity he was only invited to one show though (last April). I'm glad Mozer invited him to the show tonight, she's a big fan of his ☺️

In any event, I hope he gets some international assignments soon and that he continues to skate at the local comps as well. I am still waiting on the debut of this fabulous FP costume he was talking about 😁

ewdokia

On the Ice
I don't see were his team was mistaken especially if he was having difficulties over the summer. Outside that junior Moscow comp prior to test skates there was nowhere for him to compete, competition have only just started and he is putting himself out there now 🤷‍♀️ We can thank his team for that because at least he is visible and showing up to stuff unlike Gogolev. Plus he could have wanted to debut his FP at test skates and that's understandable.

Others coming back from injuries like Mozalev, Lazukin, Vetlugin are in the same boat. None did smaller comps either until this week (St Pete test skate that no one saw does not count) and they are all struggling for one reason or another. Now that the season is in full swing they can do as many in/out competitions as they like. Confidence will come back in time for all of them. Everyone just needs to have patience and realistic expectations. It's a pity he was only invited to one show though (last April). I'm glad Mozer invited him to the show tonight, she's a big fan of his ☺️

In any event, I hope he gets some international assignments soon and that he continues to skate at the local comps as well. I am still waiting on the debut of this fabulous FP costume he was talking about 😁
I don’t agree with you. I will not comment on Vetlugin or Lazukin as they didn’t skate at the test skates and I won’t compare apples and oranges. But let’s take Mozalev – like the majority of male skaters at the test skates he had the opportunity to present his programs before the test skates (the local test skates of St. Petersburg). And he is in a total different position: he is also coming back from injury, but still he competed the whole last season till the very end. And this in addition were not his first senior test skates. Artur before the test skates had not appeared with competition programs in public / in front of judges for 1 ½ years (!). His only public appearance was in one show in spring and he himself mentioned that he was so nervous, that he was even shaking - just when skating at a show. Local ice rinks in Moscow like to organize little competitions, Artur’s coaching team might have asked at one of those if he could have skated there as a guest. And if they really didn't want to show the new free, they might have just opted to skate the SP.

I too hope Artur gets some international assignments soon. But as for now it looks like even though it would be Artur who would need competition experience so very badly, it’s other skaters, who skated better at the test skates who get international assignments for challengers etc. It rather looks like he might have to skate his first Senior GP without having had the chance to skate another international competition before that. And his GP worry me even more as they are in the US and France. With the US Russian skaters seem to have VISA troubles and with the current Covid-regime in France Artur might not be able to skate at this comp at all (like the juniors could not). So in the worst case he might end up without GP-event. I really hope RF will help to solve the problems of it's skaters for these two GP events. :pray:

I'm also looking foward to seeing his new FP costume. :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well we can agree to disagree as usual!

And only about 5 skaters are without visas really. Artur is more than likely one. Oh well. He and Mozy may be without GP. Tis is life...

ETA: if Samsonov and Artur can't come to SA, I do hope they are replaced in time so others get an opportunity to compete.

Last edited: