2021 Finlandia Trophy: Men's Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Men's Free Skate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they really don't let Nikolai and Josefin go to the Olympics we should write an open letter to the Swedish Fed. maybe figure skating fans from all over the world could change their mind?
I’m up for it. Or email them separately. Or both. Who has contact info?

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
Jason.. last year's costume was better. I definitely get why you'd want to change costumes if you're recycling but uhhhh.. I'll just leave it there.

Damn damn damn I hate when he falls on that 3A right in front of the judges.

Interesting music changes, not sure I approve. The contrast between the "darker" section and the more lyrical section was starkly beautiful in last year's version.

It's still a beautiful program and I adore him. I think it was a good idea to keep the program but maybe workshop it a little more?

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Interesting music changes, not sure I approve. The contrast between the "darker" section and the more lyrical section was starkly beautiful in last year's version.
Totally agree, I loved the darker section. This cut feels a lot more monotonous to me.

Still a stunning program though!

Dogo

On the Ice
I actually found Jason to be more captivating in gnral. Kolyada seems to rely more on his balletic poses, whereas looking at them back to back Jason just moves his entire body in a different way. Shame about the 3A Jason but I actually think this is a great way to start and keep polishing this.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
All I can say is, I Love Jason Brown. I don't care about the fall on the second 3-axel. He's an amazing, one-of-a-kind skater who will be sorely missed when he retires. Bravo, Jason!

Cool that we got to see two Schindler's List programs back-to-back from such talented figure skaters. Yes, of course, Jason's program is a more soulful interpretation. Jason's got chops no one else has.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Back to back Schindler's Lists!

Mikhail's face when he skates = 😐

I love his skating, posture and jumps technique but he really needs to emote more in the face, especially when skating to an emotional piece like this. I'm glad the jumps were semi-there today! Still want him to go back to the White Crow.

Jason's skating is just beautiful and he definitely emotes more in his interpretation! He also just knows how create a moment and hit those musical accents perfectly with the Ina Bauer and spiral! :love2: Not his best performance of the program but enough to go ahead of Mikhail today! Well done.