Random Confessions | Page 174 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There are people competing on the JGP who are younger than my little sister. :eek:

In fact, I think she'd be old enough for seniors. (birthdate January 5, 2006)

Wait until you reach the stage that the Junior skaters are young enough to be your children. That is when it gets REALLY scary. :eek: :eek: :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. Yes, your little sister would be Senior eligible now. The cut off for this season is 1st July 2006.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have a low sense of humor. The ritzy area of our county is in the shoreline town of Stonington. This article still has me chuckling:

Police Issue Warning About Aggressive Minks

Did the diamonds and pearls chase her too? :slink:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good news! My new phone came early so now I have an uncracked screen :)

I'm surprised it came so quickly as deliveries have been quite slow in Australia due to the huge amount of internet shopping everyone's doing now. In fact a large number of postal contractors have gone on strike today (they want job security) so my delivery must have just scraped in.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
OK...made an executive decision and ordered the exact same phone off eBay (New), but I might have to wait for about two weeks for it to arrive...

In the meantime I'll have to suck it up with the phone crack...which is really quite small compared to a cracked screen but it peeves me off...
When I bought my new iphone there was a construction worker at the counter beside me; I asked the sales person about drop protectors for the phone and the guy showed me his phone protector .. I bought it and am happy with it.. has a belt clip on the back. Only inconvenience is that you need to snap off the case to use the camera but not a big deal for me..
This is it…

iPhone 7 Case, iPhone 8 Case,MBLAI Glass Screen Protector Holster Belt-Clip Heavy Duty Defense Case [4 Layers] Rugged Rubber Shockproof Protection Case Cover for iPhone 7/ iPhone 8 [4.7 inch],Black
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWWFM20/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_TYB31AEMQHWYXXXFS954

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I have a low sense of humor. The ritzy area of our county is in the shoreline town of Stonington. This article still has me chuckling:

Police Issue Warning About Aggressive Minks

Did the diamonds and pearls chase her too? :slink:
Wondered if they were Fisher cats but not according to the article…. a friend from my younger days Dad had a mink farm .. never thought about them escaping but I felt sorry for the critters back then .. :eek::sneaky:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay so I’ve been listening to “You Will Be Found” from Dear Evan Hansen and I want to choreograph stuff for ice to it. Only issue is that the only thing I can do on the ice is skate around it in circles.

Also, why aren’t skaters skating to Dear Evan Hansen, Billy Elliott, or Rent? Those have awesome songs to skate to!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I heard "House of the Rising Sun" today in the jgp Free Dance, I thought of something I heard on Willie's Roadhouse Country Classics a couple of weeks ago. A radio dj in New Orleans heard and played "The Battle of New Orleans," by singer Johnny Horton, for the first time. He loved it so much that he locked himself in the studio from the inside, stayed put and played the Battle of New Orleans continuously for the next 24 hours. 🙃 ETA: this happened in 1959.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So tomorrow my state of a New South Wales in Australia is re-opening after a long lockdown.

NGL, I'm a bit nervous because it's happening earlier than planned and also while the news is reporting that we're 70% fully vaxxed they don't take the under-16s into account...or the people who only got their 2nd shot five days ago and aren't fully protected yet.

Plus it means people in the library again! I've got used to not having to deal with the public 😅 I hope it won't get awkward - only double vaxxed people are allowed in so we've had to hire a security guard to make sure. Hope there won't be any bust ups - you'd be surprised how irate library patrons can get! 😱

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This might be a super unpopular opinion and I hope I won't get backlash for it. But I wanted to say it for a long time and I just saw another one of these photos on insta...
I really don't like how some skaters (or people in general) seem to use their pets as instagram props, putting them in clothes, taking them on long plane trips (plane trips are stressful and potentially painful for pets, who cannot actively pop their ears when the pressure on the plane changes, and should be avoided if not absolutely necessary).
And why would you even dress a dog or cat? It is a furry animal, it does not need clothes! :palmf:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This might be a super unpopular opinion and I hope I won't get backlash for it. But I wanted to say it for a long time and I just saw another one of these photos on insta...
I really don't like how some skaters (or people in general) seem to use their pets as instagram props, putting them in clothes, taking them on long plane trips (plane trips are stressful and potentially painful for pets, who cannot actively pop their ears when the pressure on the plane changes, and should be avoided if not absolutely necessary).
And why would you even dress a dog or cat? It is a furry animal, it does not need clothes! :palmf:
Wait until Halloween comes! I bet you'll see lots of furbabies in costume!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wait until Halloween comes! I bet you'll see lots of furbabies in costume!
My favorite niece went out with her kids on Halloween. She dressed as a chef with an apron, a huge chef hat, a huge stock pot and a wooden spoon. Her Chihuahua was dressed as a lobster. She appeared to be chasing him to get him into the pot (he was on a leash, though.)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plus it means people in the library again! I've got used to not having to deal with the public 😅 I hope it won't get awkward - only double vaxxed people are allowed in so we've had to hire a security guard to make sure. Hope there won't be any bust ups - you'd be surprised how irate library patrons can get! 😱
Hope it's going well for ya. 👍 I dislike when pundits use the over-used term 'entitled.' But I worked at my library for a few years. One day a man in his 30s or so came in with his kids just a couple minutes before closing time. I don't recall the details, but he ultimately was still checking books out 15 minutes after closing and being rather rude about it. We employees ended up all standing around the check-out desk, ready to go home, holding our bags and books. None of us were going to leave without our co-workers also getting to leave. The guy's kids were embarrassed that they were holding us up and tried to hurry, but the dad stalled and dragged his feet. He said to his kids, "It's okay. We're tax-payers, we're paying them." He didn't actually say "we're entitled." :laugh:

My boss clearly chose for us to make a statement with our actions, not our mouths. But I really wanted to say, "So are you going to pay us overtime?"

Tokyo Drift

On the Ice
Country
France

Wait until Halloween comes!

Her Chihuahua was dressed as a lobster.

My confession here and now:
"And to think I was planning to share with you that special animated gif for the 31st 😬"

giphy.gif