Random Confessions | Page 175 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
E408BFE3-FB39-4860-B4CE-76D80AB226C7.jpeg
I agree about costumes and travel but all my dogs have warm coats for winter since they spend time outdoors especially the short-haired Hannah who came to me from a tropical climate last March

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I guess NYC has declared no dogs can ride the subway unless they fit in a carry on bag so NY subway riders did not disappoint in their creativity.. :palmf:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ The pictures of Grand Central Terminal remind me that we wouldn't even have this glorious historical treasure that's also a thriving bit of transportation infrastructure, without Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis lending her efforts to preserve it in 1975. The other terminal like it (can't recall the name) had been demolished some years before.

“Is it not cruel to let our city die by degrees, stripped of all her proud monuments, until there will be nothing left of all her history and beauty to inspire our children. If they are not inspired by the past of our city, where will they find the strength to fight for her future?”

There are a couple of paragraphs also about her influence in preserving history in Washington, D.C. and NYC.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I can't help, but smile to myself seeing skaters wearing (hopefully enjoying?) crafting gifts I made.
A confession is that...I am not always confident it's worth the hassle to orchestrate the whole gifting part (bc I really enjoy making these crafts) - these things are crafty, it's just paper and wire and sometimes I just feel that it looks childish and naive/stupid.
But when they show these crafts off on their sns & ppl are alerting me I am grinning to myself like a loon hehe :laugh:
Screenshot_20211013-190643_Chrome.jpg

20211013_205743.jpg

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
1E468FFE-4819-4A68-AEA8-0BC9234FCED2.jpeg
^^^ The pictures of Grand Central Terminal remind me that we wouldn't even have this glorious historical treasure that's also a thriving bit of transportation infrastructure, without Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis lending her efforts to preserve it in 1975. The other terminal like it (can't recall the name) had been demolished some years before.

There are a couple of paragraphs also about her influence in preserving history in Washington, D.C. and NYC.

Skylark -
I believe the other station you refer to was Pennsylvania Station captured by the photographer Berenice Abbott who documented “old” New York sites before they disappeared.. a beautiful building. In our day it might have been preserved …

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A couple of nights ago, I fell into a rabbit hole reading stories about what retired skaters are now doing.

It all started when I went onto the Instagram page of one of the former skaters I have adopted. And at the top of the page, she had added a link to an interview she had done for a Russian website (she is Russian). So I went onto Google Translate, and put the address in. And I started reading the story. And it was very interesting.

Towards the bottom of the page was a link to an interview with another former skater that I liked. So, I clicked through to it, as I hadn’t heard tell of her for a long time and was wondering what she was up to now. And it turns out that she is now a successful YouTube star, filming herself doing adventurous things.

But, here is the best bit. It may just have been a poor translation, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the following:

"Nikolai Morozov, who can be safely called the main heartthrob of world figure skating"

Morozov.

A "heartthrob".

And not just a heartthrob, but the main heartthrob in this sport.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This aside, the interview was actually interesting. But, I won't be linking to it on here because there are links on the page to other stories on the website. And the thumbnail used for one of the links is definitely NSFW. Which means that the whole page is not suitable to be linked to on a family forum like this.

I wish website editors would think of things like this when choosing thumbnails.

Anyway, I continued reading more stories about retired skaters on that website. I don't know if it was an intentional series, but it was nice to find out what these skaters are doing now.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
"Nikolai Morozov, who can be safely called the main heartthrob of world figure skating"
OMG? How old was this article?! Maybe back in the late 90s or something... More like serial dater or groom or something, hasn't he been married four times?

In other news I'm feeling a bit old today because we've re-opened the library to patrons as previously said and that means desk shifts. And standing for two hours a day four times this week is leaving me with seriously sore feet. I think I need to go to my podiatrist!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OMG? How old was this article?! Maybe back in the late 90s or something... More like serial dater or groom or something, hasn't he been married four times?

It was only 10 months old! :drama:

The skater that story was about was actually one of his wives, Vasilisa Davankova.

I'm not sure how times Morozov has been married, but he has certainly dated a lot of skaters.

In other news I'm feeling a bit old today because we've re-opened the library to patrons as previously said and that means desk shifts. And standing for two hours a day four times this week is leaving me with seriously sore feet. I think I need to go to my podiatrist!

Ouch. You sound like you need a :ghug:

You know, when it comes to going back to work, people remember about the obvious things like getting used to interacting with people again. But, it is easy to forget that it must take a while for the body to get used to the physical side of the job again after being away from it for so long.

By the way, another even more random confession. Today, I have received "likes" on my posts from two librarians - one in Australia, and one in Russia.

Obviously, you are one of them, Moose. And we chat regularly. But I hadn't seen the other on here for a very long time.

So, I'd just like to say that it is good to see you again, @Sugarpova. And I hope everthing is going well for you.

:thank: to both of you.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Some wonderings:

1. did anyone recently skate to "I Can't Go on Without You" by Kaleo?
2. is there an actual interview with Gabriella Papadakis where she says that people think she and Guillaume Cizeron are in love with each other when they skate together but their relationship is of friendly coworkers and she and her boyfriend get along with him and his boyfriend? :scratch2:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Some commentary from my boyfriend:

1. "Is he proposing?" (after watching G/P's Vincent FD at 2019 4CC)
2. "Can you use streamers during your program?" (after Kurakova's FS today) and its followup of "What if you make them part of your costume?"
3. "Can your costume be the batsuit?" (halfway through Alysa Liu's Lombardia FS for some reason?)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wait until you reach the stage that the Junior skaters are young enough to be your children. That is when it gets REALLY scary. :eek: :eek: :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

And as a follow up....

I looked up the Instagram page one of the skaters I have adopted earlier, and found out that she has a seriously hot Mum. :love:

So, not only have I reached the stage where the skaters I am a fan of are young enough to be my children, but I have also reached the stage where I am eyeing up their mothers! :drama:

That's it. I'm officially old!

You were right all along, @elektra blue :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
And as a follow up....

I looked up the Instagram page one of the skaters I have adopted earlier, and found out that she has a seriously hot Mum. :love:

So, not only have I reached the stage where the skaters I am a fan of are young enough to be my children, but I have also reached the stage where I am eyeing up their mothers! :drama:

That's it. I'm officially old!

You were right all along, @elektra blue :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan
i know :LOL: you were the only one who didn't