2021 Skate America: Pairs Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Pairs Short Program

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
A nice skate by Tarasova/Morosov. But a case in point, they didn't have the greatest sbs spins. Vlad was slowing down and losing speed. Still, the judges threw 1.10 points at that. A lesser regarded team would have received low GOE or even minus GOE depending on their rep status.

I'm happy with T/M being in first, and I hope they can hold it together in the fp here.

Any of you who are rooting for R/K to take bronze, okay. I'm with the American teams all the way. This is Skate America, not NHK!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
A nice skate by Tarasova/Morosov. But a case in point, they didn't have the greatest sbs spins. Vlad was slowing down and losing speed. Still, the judges threw 1.10 points at that. A lesser regarded team would have received low GOE or even minus GOE depending on their rep status.

I'm happy with T/M being in first, and I hope they can hold it together in the fp here.

Any of you who are rooting for R/K to take bronze, okay. I'm with the American teams all the way. This is Skate America, not NHK!
Yup, the SBS spin were generously scored, but I guess it's like with B/K SBS jump....

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I enjoy B/K, too. I just think that are overscored when so many other teams have better quality. She is fierce though...I enjoy her attitude!
I agree with your first two sentences. But I personally do not enjoy the selfishness of her attitude, and the lack of sportsmanship she showed at 2021 Worlds.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I enjoy B/K, too. I just think that are overscored when so many other teams have better quality. She is fierce though...I enjoy her attitude!
I found them much more boring last season. For some reason I like the swan programme and I like them, but deep in my heart I just want T/M to have the season of their life - and I also like Mishina/Gallyamov.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm not discounting a good program from C/J. I would actually be glad to see them having an edge over K/F.
I have absolutely nothing against them, just don't trust in two back-to-back good performances. May they prove me wrong!