2021 Skate Canada: Women's Short Program | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada: Women's Short Program

readernick

Medalist
Did Higuchi get UR? Her jumps looked ok to me. Liu had 2 obvious URs and got higher PCS for waving her arms all over the place. Lol
In fairness, Alysa has a lot of transitions and great choreography. Program wise, I think hers is the best. Valieva and Tuk were overscored in PCS. Karen in TES.. Why was the technical caller blind only to her and Tuk's URs...

Haven't checked the protocol but I thought the 3T was under.

catjohnsn2

Spectator
Wow - Another great skate with a 3A! :) Liza is such a great jumper, the best in the field, but the rest of her skating is just not at the same level. She really needs to work on her spins and flexibility. I didn't find the program terribly exciting either - which is a shame, because I like her as a person and I really value what she represents in the field.
I've never found her choreography compelling or even worthy of the term "choreography".......just random skating around with those flexed arms and limp wrists. But the girl can jump! No doubt about it!

sworddance21

On the Ice
I've never found her choreography compelling or even worthy of the term "choreography".......just random skating around with those flexed arms and limp wrists. But the girl can jump! No doubt about it!
I'm generally with you, but I really liked this program or her. It is the first time I have felt compelled by anything but her jumps. (I'm not sure I'm on the 80+ bandwagon, but whatevs....)

vorravorra

Record Breaker
So I assume from the scoring that RusFed wants Kamila (obviously) and Liza on the Olympic team. Not bad.

readernick

Medalist
I think Liza's scores show Rusfed thinks she is a contender for the Olympics.

Wakaba's 3T was called q and ! on the flip. Lots of calls for everyone... Which is fair but I'm still confused why the technical panel didn't see Karen or Tuk's issues... Maybe they got tired. .