2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Free Skate

Yannis94

Rinkside
This was interesting to say the least. Roman finishing just off the podium. Hopefully he'll be in the exhibition gala. I need to see that Boy with Luv program with lights. And if Semenenko skates the exhibition as well, we'll have some TXT love as well.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Kvitelashvili ahead of Rizzo and Tomono in components is something i can't really agree, what the hell was that?

Morisi skated head down the whole program, Kazuki and Matteo performed, look at that choreo sequence at the end from the japanese, so much energy and expression at the end of the free skate, he didn't look tired at all.

To me the japanese was some 3-4 points stronger than Morisi, easily.

Eteri skaters really have bonus points in Russia.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But wow Moris won! I hope people aren't too annoyed.

Who am I kidding, they're gonna rip him to shreds...
People should be absolutely hecking DISGUSTED with that judging, they should be disgusted with that technique, they should be disgusted with that result. It is literally everything wrong with how the judging system is being used politically by certain parties and that technique should have been stomped on and crushed literal years ago. Kvitelashvili getting higher PCS than Tomono is an absolute joke. It's results like this that make a mockery of the work that skaters like Jason Brown do because what the flip is the point of working on your skating skills and choreo and posture if the judges are just going to do that.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Well I'm really happy for Roman even if there was no medal, I hope if he makes the Top 2 at Nationals the Canadian Fed doesn't screw him over and sends him to the Olympics. I don't want some bullshit like "Oh let's have a skate off at 4CC" again.

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
I definitely loved his choreographic sequence - he came alive! I obviously botched my predictions - oh well, but I am also happy for Roman to have done will in the FS...he definitely just needed a few more international events to get his competition legs under him. I guess I could say the same for Camden too - he had a good showing here.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Kvitelashvili ahead of Rizzo and Tomono in components is something i can't really agree, what the hell was that?

Morisi skated head down the whole program, Kazuki and Matteo performed, look at that choreo sequence at the end from the japanese, so much energy and expression at the end of the free skate, he didn't look tired at all.

To me the japanese was some 3-4 points stronger than Morisi, easily.

Eteri skaters really have bonus points in Russia.

Not only in Russia unfortunately

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
He is Russian and he used to skate for Russia. He changed the country only few years ago.
He is not skating for Russia, Russia just lost a gold medal (is what I meant). For me, he's Georgian, I have no clue what ethnicity these people are for the most part.

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
People should be absolutely hecking DISGUSTED with that judging, they should be disgusted with that technique, they should be disgusted with that result. It is literally everything wrong with how the judging system is being used politically by certain parties and that technique should have been stomped on and crushed literal years ago. Kvitelashvili getting higher PCS than Tomono is an absolute joke. It's results like this that make a mockery of the work that skaters like Jason Brown do because what the flip is the point of working on your skating skills and choreo and posture if the judges are just going to do that.
You're right, but I, for one, don't even care anymore, it's sports they say, for some this is some kind of normal thing is what I'm understanding.