Chelsea Liu & Danny O'Shea | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chelsea Liu & Danny O'Shea

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had always heard this was a no no but apparently Roman Sadovsky has said in videos “if you want to get something to a skater send it to their rink.” I was just going to send cards.

I like your idea of sending cards. If anyone else is interested in throwing them a "card shower," here's the address of the arena.

Great Park Ice and FivePoint Arena
888 Ridge Valley
Irvine, CA 92618

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I like your idea of sending cards. If anyone else is interested in throwing them a "card shower," here's the address of the arena.

888 Ridge Valley
Irvine, CA 92618
Thanks. I like the idea of cards. Post of social media dont seem quite the same....

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm wondering, as well.

I reported the last I heard from Chelsea. She said earlier she's going to be deep into finals about now, as I said in my post on the previous page. And she's trying to limit screen time, to aid in her healing. That's what we want for her and Danny both.

I hadn't established a DM correspondence with Danny before their accident, so I haven't tried to do so now. Also, he's in the same boat ... probably trying to do well on finals while also limiting screen time.

I'm extending the invitation again to send get-well cards. That will help to raise their spirits.

loopy1217

Rinkside

888 Ridge Valley
Irvine, CA 92618
Thank you. U save me googling time with doubt that I might got the wrong address.

Forgot that they have finals too. Hope the concussion doesn’t impact them too much on finals.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I reported the last I heard from Chelsea. She said earlier she's going to be deep into finals about now, as I said in my post on the previous page. And she's trying to limit screen time, to aid in her healing. That's what we want for her and Danny both.

I hadn't established a DM correspondence with Danny before their accident, so I haven't tried to do so now. Also, he's in the same boat ... probably trying to do well on finals while also limiting screen time.

I'm extending the invitation again to send get-well cards. That will help to raise their spirits.
Good for you! I think for people I admire as people as well as skaters, it would be important to know that we CARE about them as people and want the best for them, now and in the future.
Why did you have to mention finals? After 50 years, I STILL have nightmares about college! :rofl:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why did you have to mention finals? After 50 years, I STILL have nightmares about college! :rofl:

:laugh: I still have that nightmare (not often, thank goodness) where I suddenly realize I'm about to miss a final, and I jump out of bed to rush across campus, and halfway there I realize I'm only in a partially clothed state.🥵 Then when I actually get to the classroom, I realize that all semester I forgot to attend the class! :rofl:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ LOL, that's funny. I still dream of writing papers, not so much re final exams because I was an English major, and later Communications and Cinema Studies. So, any exams were mostly multiple choice. And lots of papers/ essays, creative writing assignments, and loads of reading assignments.

I didn't realize Danny was going to school too. Where are they both enrolled? Does anyone here know?

Thanks for providing their mailing address.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
LOL! True to form, I did have a college nightmare last night. I was in my dorm, dazzed and confused...couldnt find my keys...didnt know where to go to what class next...LOL!
From the 20-21 USFS Media guide
O’Shea has one older brother, Keane ... Parents are Don and Judi ... Graduated from Saint Viator High School ... Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering from
the University of Colorado Colorado Springs ... Growing up, in addition to figure skating, played football, soccer and basketball, ran track and learned karate ...
Enjoys building things with Legos and minor home improvement projects ... Plays ultimate frisbee and golfs ... Enjoys physics and math.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
^^ LOL, that's funny. I still dream of writing papers, not so much re final exams because I was an English major, and later Communications and Cinema Studies. So, any exams were mostly multiple choice. And lots of papers/ essays, creative writing assignments, and loads of reading assignments.

I didn't realize Danny was going to school too. Where are they both enrolled? Does anyone here know?

Thanks for providing their mailing address.
From the current media guide
Liu started skating in 2006 ... Previously skated with Devin Perini (2010-14), Brian Johnson (2014-18), Ian Meyh (2018-19) and Xie
Zhong (representing China, 2019-20) ... Is a full-time student at the University of California Riverside studying sociology ... Parents
are Koman Ting and Tingyuan Liu ... Has two sisters named Chaochih and Cheyenne ... Enjoys spending time with family, going on
long walks with her dog, Meeko, playing the piano and listening to music.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL! True to form, I did have a college nightmare last night. I was in my dorm, dazzed and confused...couldnt find my keys...didnt know where to go to what class next...LOL!
From the 20-21 USFS Media guide
O’Shea has one older brother, Keane ... Parents are Don and Judi ... Graduated from Saint Viator High School ... Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering from
the University of Colorado Colorado Springs ... Growing up, in addition to figure skating, played football, soccer and basketball, ran track and learned karate ...
Enjoys building things with Legos and minor home improvement projects ... Plays ultimate frisbee and golfs ... Enjoys physics and math.
My dad has a mechanical engineering degree! Enjoys physics and math…you go Danny. You can help me with physics any time.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My dad has a mechanical engineering degree! Enjoys physics and math…you go Danny. You can help me with physics any time.
My dad was a mechanical engineer for GM. He took all four years of high school math in one year and was going to go the the GM institute when the war came. He as a hourly worker but he was making so much money with suggestions for production improvement that it was cheeper for GM to make him an engineer than to keep paying him for his suggestions. :rofl:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are still entered for Nationals. Never mind, they WD.