2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's FS

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It's a shame and unexpected - the guy who was so stable, who actually brought us the third quota, may not go to the Olympics. It's a pity and a shame for Zhenya. Damn.
Ugh he looks so devastated. I wonder if they will give him the third spot?

readernick

Medalist
Me too, and I think Mozalev has a lot more potential interPnationally. Semenenko, for now, has only potential for 6-10 place at Olympics/Worlds.
Yes, but Mozalev also has the potential to not make the FS at the Olympics . His SPs have been rough this year. Semenenko doesn't have the same basic skating as Andrei but he is more stable. I could see an argument for either one

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
This was a rather wild competition, but well, it's the men. What will the ladies have in store?

Kittosuni

Medalist
If you were to decide, who should take the 3rd spot to Euros and Olympics?

I will still probably go with Semenko and even let him do the free for the team event at the olympics

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yes, but Mozalev also has the potential to not make the FS at the Olympics . His SPs have been rough this year. Semenenko doesn't have the same basic skating as Andrei but he is more stable. I could see an argument for either one
Andrei is more risk/reward. He has cleaner jumps, just makes too many SP mistakes. Zhenya is fairly consistent, but gets low GOE/PCS despite his high technical content. I don't know who Russia will go with, maybe Mozalev because he has held up under YOG pressure and the skater they pick probably won't win a medal anyways?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

I will still probably go with Semenko and even let him do the free for the team event at the olympics
I wouldn't. International judges has always trashed him PCS wise. I think Mozalev has much more potential.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I really wish I had time to look up the programmes before making out my predictions. Because I would have definitely put Mark a LOT higher than the 7th that I did. Because, I love his programmes this season.

But, I would never have imagined that he would win.

Ladies is in 5 minutes, right?

Gotta go get prepared.

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ok guys, I don't think I can stomach the women's SP now. Have fun, enjoy the ladies and Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄
Hope to see some of you tomorrow for pairs.
I'm still not sure whether the family christmas dinner will take me out or not, so on the occation I won't be present I wish all the ladies the great skates and to the fans all the enjoyment and fun of it.

Last edited:

Lzbee

Final Flight

I'm assuming the first two spots are going to Kolyada and Kondratiuk?

I know nothing but I hope Mozalev gets to go...