2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's FS | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's FS

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
What?? What are you talking about?

That's it! I went to look for the video and set the second-by-second indication of the moment

here, this moment

Maybe he says "Don't touch the Yagu" :laugh:
Oh, okay. I always thought it was from one of the nightclub scenes in Matrix. It has a bunch of music like that.

JustSomeGuy

On the Ice
@lariko @florin

I believe you're discussing two different programs here...

The matrix quote is in the short program. I'm pretty sure the line in the free program is "Don't touch me, Abu"; Abu being a middle eastern/Arabic given name. I have no idea what this line refers to or if it's a quote from something, but I'm pretty sure Abu is the name of the monkey in the Disney Aladdin film and that's honestly all I can think of when I hear that line...

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
@lariko @florin

The matrix quote is in the short program. I'm pretty sure the line in the free program is "Don't touch me, Abu"; Abu being a middle eastern/Arabic given name. I have no idea what this line refers to or if it's a quote from something, but I'm pretty sure Abu is the name of the monkey in the Disney Aladdin film and that's honestly all I can think of when I hear that line...
And what does he say after that? After "Don't touch me, Abu"? Does he seem to be saying something else?

Anyway, it's very intriguing and this part just fascinates me. At the test skate, when Sasha performed this program well, this part just fascinated me. I wanted to know more - what kind of gesture does Sasha make? He stretches out his hand and seems to take/squeeze something important.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
@lariko @florin

Oh, duh. I am too tired after being up from 2:30 am to watch the competitions. Lol.

JustSomeGuy

On the Ice
And what does he say after that? After "Don't touch me, Abu"? Does he seem to be saying something else?

Anyway, it's very intriguing and this part just fascinates me. At the test skate, when Sasha performed this program well, this part just fascinated me. I wanted to know more - what kind of gesture does Sasha make? He stretches out his hand and seems to take/squeeze something important.
A lamp with a genie in it? Sorry, I really can't get past the possible Aladdin connection :biggrin:

But in all seriousness, I think Samarin is meant to be "Abu" here and is reaching out to touch the voice (or rather, the person whose voice it is) then pulling away when he gets told off. Don't hold me to that though, I'm just some guy on the internet, and while I've generally been pretty good at guessing the ideas behind Samarin's programs in the past this one definitely needs an idiots' guide to understand.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
tbh I'm doubt - for me the Disney cartoon and this infernal voice will somehow not really fit together :laugh:
To my ears it's 'Don't touch the oven', which is a reasonable statement in itself (you might burn yourself?) although I can't really make sense of it in the context of the programme...
This voiceover is in the original song ('Lord and Master' by Apache), so perhaps they are the ones best equipped to answer us xD

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Is it? Everytime I google the song or lyrics, I get nothing that resembles oven touching. 😂
Seems like you're right 🤔 From google it seems to be just two lines: "The money didn't make me happy / I'm starting to feel like I was trapped in a giant crystal ball"

But I swear I can hear that line about no touching in the original! Weird...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Alright, back for the last three men (although I let myself get spoiled again so I know who won. Not sure about anything else though.

Here comes Mark! Who doesn't love Mark (don't answer that :p)?

This music always seems more like UFO music than Jesus music though...

Here's here to slaaaay!

Aside: I do love Ted for not talking during the program it's 😘

I've said it before but Mark is an artist! This is a like an exhibition! Aww look at his coaches! Even Maxim T is giving a standing O! I do hope Zhenya Med is watching him, she was so proud of him during the Channel One Cup.

Wow imagine him performing like this at the Olympics! 🥰

The ball stuffie!!

Wait 3rd in the FS? I guess Andrei M deserves the win in that segment.

Zhenya S!! (I went and spoiled myself again and I think I'm gonna have sad face now...)

Noooo fall!

He's performing though, werk that armography sir!

I love how much the crowd is with him!

Aww pop (why, why so costly? Falling is much worse! Anyone can fall, it's staying on your feet that's the skill!)

Aww Zhenya...Ted seems hopeful he'll be on the podium, but...I saw a post that suggests not.

:laugh2: at Mishin in the reply was he going "Sh** sh** sh**t"?!

But 4th, noooo the hardest place of all!

So happy for Mark and Misha! But aww RusFed please let Zhenya S go to Euros. Or will Andrei M go and if he does a Maxim K (God forbid) then Zhenya S will go to the Olympics?

Alina's doing the interviews now it seems...oh wait now she's getting interviewed herself.

And Kirill ended up in 16th. I was only 10 places off. ;)

Well that was a ride!

Now I need to catch up on the Ladies, see you over there.