2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Short Program

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Literally they would have had to somehow injure themselves while not skating.
They could have been practicing elsewhere. Other skaters have practiced on private ice. That seems less likely given that they have withdrawn, but it is a possibility.

readernick

Medalist
Literally they would have had to somehow injure themselves while not skating.
The teams also practice in other rinks while not in official practice. It isn't streamed. I agree that COVID is more likely. Or, I guess a secret very very small baby 🍼.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Brandon tested positive for COVID. No word if it's symptomatic or not. Fingers crossed that they, their coaching team, and the other skaters are able to stay healthy.

Honestly I kind of hate USFS for going ahead with this. It clearly isn’t safe.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Brandon tested positive for COVID. No word if it's symptomatic or not. Fingers crossed that they, their coaching team, and the other skaters are able to stay healthy.

I am so upset about this! But I think I was kind of worried before that somebody might test positive.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
She was wearing her mask during their entire practice session (except during their run-through) yesterday. I thought it was odd and wondered if she had symptoms. Very strange he was not masked yet he's the one who tested positive. Well, maybe he's asymptomatic right now and her positive result is incoming...

Either way I think they will still go to the Olympics as long as they're both negative by then.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She was wearing her mask during their entire practice session (except during their run-through) yesterday. I thought it was odd and wondered if she had symptoms. Very strange he was not masked yet he's the one who tested positive. Well, maybe he's asymptomatic right now and her positive result is incoming...

Either way I think they will still go to the Olympics as long as they're both negative by then.
Fingers crossed

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope K/F can still compete at the Olympics. We need our top pairs team to help us get a medal in the team event.
Unfortunately, I don't think they will be going. The Pairs seemed to be a very tight and hard battle between the top 4 places. I think they may have done it as if Alexa/Brandon place in the top 3, they would send them. I don't think the US will be sending them, but I was really looking forward to seeing them at the Olympics.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, I don't think they will be going. The Pairs seemed to be a very tight and hard battle between the top 4 places. I think they may have done it as if Alexa/Brandon place in the top 3, they would send them. I don't think the US will be sending them, but I was really looking forward to seeing them at the Olympics.
USFS is in a bind. Whoever wins they won’t have beaten K/F. It’s highly unlikely they would have finished outside the top 3.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

K/F have not been extremely consistent this season. Liu/Mitrofanov even won a comp against them this season. But I am not sure who will be sent. I guess we will have to just wait and see how the Pairs event goes.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean for the team event. We need our strongest pairs team for the team event.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think you can send different skaters to the Team event and the Solo event. I might be wrong though.
We have two spots for pairs. You're right they can't have one only be for the team event and one for the solo event.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
K/F have not been extremely consistent this season. Liu/Mitrofanov even won a comp against them this season. But I am not sure who will be sent. I guess we will have to just wait and see how the Pairs event goes.
Yes. The decision will be made on how the skaters perform. Two good pairs, and K/F will be out. If there is some ambiguity, then they're in.

Of course, alternate status is nothing to shun - there's a fair chance that alternates will be called upon.