2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Short Program

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Been a fan for 40 years. Never been to a live event. Do they always blast super loud commercials as soon as the skaters are finished?
Then blast really loud rock music? Then have more loud music by a live artist during Zamboni? Maybe I would not enjoy a live event.
What ever happened to silence during breaks when you could actually talk to your folks with you??
They used to play nice friendly music at low volume....like they did during juniors. Now I have to take ear plugs or ear muffs.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Been a fan for 40 years. Never been to a live event. Do they always blast super loud commercials as soon as the skaters are finished?
Then blast really loud rock music? Then have more loud music by a live artist during Zamboni? Maybe I would not enjoy a live event.
What ever happened to silence during breaks when you could actually talk to your folks with you??
Yes they do. It was super annoying in Greensboro I think, where the skaters would be stepping off the ice and Maxwell the Geico pig would be squealing WHEE WHEE WHEE at top volume.

But live events are absolutely awesome regardless and you should totally go.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#JessicaCalalang / #BrianJohnson - "We didn't even know if were going to be here, and if we learned anything this year it's that we've connected deeper. It's been a wild ride this year! We went into this event relaxed and have the best time as a celebration."

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Peacock can't even bother to get announcers at the biggest domestic event of the season? I don't miss them at GP events but at Nationals there should be people calling the skating. I miss the Icenetwork and the Ice desk and the skating personalities they always had on there. Hack i even miss Tonia and mister Tony. Now we get nothing.

Weathergal

Medalist
So Peacock can't even bother to get announcers at the biggest domestic event of the season? I don't miss them at GP events but at Nationals there should be people calling the skating. I miss the Icenetwork and the Ice desk and the skating personalities they always had on there. Hack i even miss Tonia and mister Tony. Now we get nothing.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(I wanted to give this waaaay more than one like.)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#KatieMcBeath #NathanBartholomay - "This one was a struggle. At the end of the day, it's hard to be on all the time. Not too happy with the score or the skate, but we are ready to move forward." She felt wiggly going into the toe.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand why we only had Ben for the first two pairs on Peacock. Were we not supposed to have him at all? I'm pretty sure Peacock usually has commentary for Nationals.

I am, however, really enjoying the skating!
Word on the street is that he’s having sound issues. If only this singer were having sound issues…