2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lindsay just isn't soup yet for me. Jumps are there, but she really needs to up the rest of her performance. She does not merit the PCS earned by the other skaters. But she can work on it and get there.

She can learn from Alysa, whose commitment to the program, power and edges are so much better now, although maybe not tonight.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Very well skated comp overall, the only real outlier being Amber, sadly. Gracie being a moment that will not soon be forgotten, but I have to say my favorite overall— badass Karen Chen, proving once again that you can never, ever count her out :)

TCAngel18

Medalist
I’m SO glad Gracie made the final flight! I think the results are correct, except maybe switching Isabeau and Lindsey. The top 3 all got slight gifts from the tech panel, but deserved to be the top 3, in that order. The free is gonna be a dogfight!

rain

Record Breaker
NBC and USFSA have had all of their eggs in the Alyssa Liu basket for years. (remember all the talk of a future Olympic medalist back in 2019 or 2020?) She is a good skater but I don't think it is good to put all of that pressure on very young children.
Yeah, it's really unfortunate. I think she's got a lot going for her. She's obviously a competitor with great competition nerve (never underestimate how important a quality this is), but she was pushed way too heavily. For example, two years ago, Mariah Bell should have been the national champion. But the judges and federation were too busy trying to outdo the Russians at their juniors quad game.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC and USFSA have had all of their eggs in the Alyssa Liu basket for years. (remember all the talk of a future Olympic medalist back in 2019 or 2020?) She is a good skater but I don't think it is good to put all of that pressure on very young children.
Me either and I’ve been saying that since that time. But people will do what they wish.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Raf even coaching Mariah anymore? He couldn't be bothered to sit with Mariah?

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I would've had Lindsay 3rd, Isabeau 4th, and Alysa 5th but oh well, it's very close between them so anything can happen tomorrow.

Still heartbroken for Amber though. I hope she can go out there and skate for herself tomorrow, she's got nothing to lose now as sad as it is.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah and Karen, :cheer:

Bringing the actual skating to figure skating. My half hour venture into ladies was rewarded (and I will be sure to replay for Gracie. If only I'd started a few minutes earlier. ;)