Nathan Chen | Page 1044 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really don’t understand the fixation with what Nathan wears. Though what he models in the Vogue photo shoot is something I would never have thought of for him, he looks great. As for his skating costumes, we all know he likes simpler styles, which I like, too. I think most of his fans would understand that by now. IMO, his short program costume is sophisticated and flatters his body lines. Though the design on his FS costume is a bit wild, Nathan is able to pull it off. There are so many mediocre costumes worn by other male skaters out there…not really sure why all the focus is on Nathan’s costumes.
fans often focus on how their faves look like.. .among other things. I agree with all you say here... I adore his "not so simple costumes" and they always emphasize his aesthetic lines. That Vogue thingie though... not sure what they were trying to achieve...if they knew Nathan better, they may have offered him a different outfit. He played the game well. But this suit is hideous. :) Just my opinion.

SaDa

On the Ice
fans often focus on how their faves look like.. .among other things. I agree with all you say here... I adore his "not so simple costumes" and they always emphasize his aesthetic lines. That Vogue thingie though... not sure what they were trying to achieve...if they knew Nathan better, they may have offered him a different outfit. He played the game well. But this suit is hideous. :) Just my opinion.
I'm so sorry to anyone who loves it but I think it's hideous as well. I'm not really sure why all these people who are typically so harsh about his "baggy" shirts suddenly think this suit that makes him baggy everywhere looks good. And I just have a strong dislike for those ostrich sleeves. Makes me want to rip them off and free Nathan, lol. That dark teal colored suit for the SPUR shoot, on the other hand, looks SO good on him. I also really like the suit in his SP. I love its simplicity...and I actually think simple clothes do a better job of showcasing Nathan's good looks. The Vogue suit overwhelms him, imo.

Anyway, this conversation is merely for fun and for the sake of a conversation. While I don't like this outfit, I strongly support the idea that a figure skater should wear whatever he/she/they want to wear.

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
New Xfinity Commercial

Vogue article accompanying Gucci Nathan

Team Bridgestone announcement on their IG

sheetz

Record Breaker
Haha, an interesting counterpoint to the Vogue photo. Hmm, Nathan's wearing a fancy Omega watch in both the Vogue and GQ pics. Wonder if he has a new sponsor or if he just developed a taste for snazzy watches.

Sister Alice admiring her stylish baby brother.

Tara speaks about Nathan and his place in the sport.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan gets a shoutout from Toyota Japan's social media.

Team Raf account asks if we know the meaning of Raf's KnC gestures he made after Nathan's victory.

Hanging out with Mariah backstage at the Gala.

Fan's Video roundup of Nats

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Quick words of wisdom: I really don't like shipping/making guesses on people's private romantic lives. It just feels a little weird to me. After the whole Shoma/Marin drama (which might I add was reported by a famously unreliable tabloid) I sort of want to say out of relationship drama.

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
Quick words of wisdom: I really don't like shipping/making guesses on people's private romantic lives. It just feels a little weird to me. After the whole Shoma/Marin drama (which might I add was reported by a famously unreliable tabloid) I sort of want to say out of relationship drama.
Good point I was just jooking around in response to previous posts, I completly agree and did not mean to offend anyone.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Seriously folks.:rolleye: It's like people haven't seen the way he behaves around Karen.

In real news, Nathan is one of three Olympians, including Mikaela Shiffrin and Shaun White, who will appear in ads to promote the upcoming movie Jurassic World Dominion.

Nathan getting ready for Beijing with his new Panasonic headphones.

Last edited:

SaDa

On the Ice
Seriously folks.:rolleye: It's like people haven't seen the way he behaves around Karen
What? Nathan's hitting on her too?! Just kidding.

Am I the only one excited to see Nathan's Jurassic World commercial? I can't wait to see him running(skating) from giant lizards 😄

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
What? Nathan's hitting on her too?! Just kidding.
You haven't seen anything until you've seen Nathan and Karen dancing to Shape of You. And this will be the last I will speak on the subject. :laugh:
Am I the only one excited to see Nathan's Jurassic World commercial? I can't wait to see him running(skating) from giant lizards 😄
No! It sounds very cool! More info on the commercials.
In collaboration with NBC Sports, Universal Pictures worked with the Jurassic World Dominion filmmakers and the legendary artists at Industrial Light & Magic to create a breathtaking, thrilling two-minute spot featuring U.S. Olympians Shaun White, a three-time gold medalist, Mikaela Shiffrin, a three-time medalist including two gold, and Nathan Chen, a three-time world champion, who each experience their own up-close-and-personal encounter with iconic Jurassic World dinosaurs as they snowboard, ski and skate amid stunning winter landscapes.
Olympic gold medalist Mikaela Shiffrin debuted the first of these spots with an appearance on NBC’s Today on Jan. 21. This spot, which features Shiffrin with the raptor Blue from the Jurassic World films, will also run during the NFL Divisional Round game on January 23. Then, beginning at 8 p.m. ET on January 31, all three of the individual athletes’ individual spots will appear simultaneously in a “roadblock” across multiple platforms. This will be followed on February 3 by a primetime exclusive preview of the 2-minute spot featuring all three athletes and the campaign will culminate with the official premiere of the 2-minute spot during NBCU’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony on February 4.
“I’ve looked up in wonder at the Jurassic World films on movie screens, so to be able to do it myself is beyond anything I could have imagined,” said Nathan Chen.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Local NBC Connecticut station aired a feature on Nathan.

Vladimir Litvintsev named Nathan as his current favorite skater.
Do you have a favorite athlete you look up to?

Vladimir Litvintsev:
I have my favorites. First of all, the Canadian single skater, Olympic champion Patrick Chan. And the second is an American athlete – Nathan Chen. He competes at the Beijing Olympics, we will compete with him. (Smiling.) At the moment he is the best for me! Maybe we’ll compete with Nathan, not necessarily in Beijing, maybe in the future. I look forward to another Olympics!

Last night's Anaheim Ducks game doubled as an Olympic send off for the GPI skaters. Alexa and Brandon dropped the ceremonial first puck while Nathan and Mariah appeared in video messages. So far I haven't been able to find video footage of them.