Nathan Chen | Page 1044 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Short Raf interview. According to Google Translate, he says we may see the Mozart program again in the future although it's not clear where or when.

Scott Hamilton presenting Nathan the Champion Cup at the medal ceremony.

Congratulations from GPI to their Nats medalists and Olympics bound skaters.

Congratulations from the Ivy League

SaDa

On the Ice
I'm sorry...we all have such different ideas of what ugly is. This suit...the fit. Those sleeves. And I cannot imagine the poor guy successfully doing quads in it. Like, it's all fun...but not at all practical. I'll take his athletic shirts over this any day of the week. I don't mind the color though 😊

sheetz

Record Breaker
gosh... vogue has a very gorgeous man and they dress him like this? sorry.. i know nothing about fashion but i don't like this suit at all lol... nathan though, looks good in anything
I have to assume they chose the outfit to fit the song lyrics, because it's awful. I also wonder if Vogue just has no clue how to dress an Asian man. Contrast it with the amazing outfit he wore for the SPUR photo shoot.

-----------------------------------------
Nathan one of several Olympians asked questions by kids

Interview w/ Andrea Joyce

Chumming it up with Karen backstage

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have to assume they chose the outfit to fit the song lyrics, because it's awful. I also wonder if Vogue just has no clue how to dress an Asian man. Contrast it with the amazing outfit he wore for the SPUR photo shoot.

-----------------------------------------
Nathan one of several Olympians asked questions by kids

Interview w/ Andrea Joyce

Chumming it up with Karen backstage
omg that SPUR outfit made me PURRRRRR :) WOW !

Ella5555

On the Ice
I really don’t understand the fixation with what Nathan wears. Though what he models in the Vogue photo shoot is something I would never have thought of for him, he looks great. As for his skating costumes, we all know he likes simpler styles, which I like, too. I think most of his fans would understand that by now. IMO, his short program costume is sophisticated and flatters his body lines. Though the design on his FS costume is a bit wild, Nathan is able to pull it off. There are so many mediocre costumes worn by other male skaters out there…not really sure why all the focus is on Nathan’s costumes.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really don’t understand the fixation with what Nathan wears. Though what he models in the Vogue photo shoot is something I would never have thought of for him, he looks great. As for his skating costumes, we all know he likes simpler styles, which I like, too. I think most of his fans would understand that by now. IMO, his short program costume is sophisticated and flatters his body lines. Though the design on his FS costume is a bit wild, Nathan is able to pull it off. There are so many mediocre costumes worn by other male skaters out there…not really sure why all the focus is on Nathan’s costumes.
fans often focus on how their faves look like.. .among other things. I agree with all you say here... I adore his "not so simple costumes" and they always emphasize his aesthetic lines. That Vogue thingie though... not sure what they were trying to achieve...if they knew Nathan better, they may have offered him a different outfit. He played the game well. But this suit is hideous. :) Just my opinion.

SaDa

On the Ice
fans often focus on how their faves look like.. .among other things. I agree with all you say here... I adore his "not so simple costumes" and they always emphasize his aesthetic lines. That Vogue thingie though... not sure what they were trying to achieve...if they knew Nathan better, they may have offered him a different outfit. He played the game well. But this suit is hideous. :) Just my opinion.
I'm so sorry to anyone who loves it but I think it's hideous as well. I'm not really sure why all these people who are typically so harsh about his "baggy" shirts suddenly think this suit that makes him baggy everywhere looks good. And I just have a strong dislike for those ostrich sleeves. Makes me want to rip them off and free Nathan, lol. That dark teal colored suit for the SPUR shoot, on the other hand, looks SO good on him. I also really like the suit in his SP. I love its simplicity...and I actually think simple clothes do a better job of showcasing Nathan's good looks. The Vogue suit overwhelms him, imo.

Anyway, this conversation is merely for fun and for the sake of a conversation. While I don't like this outfit, I strongly support the idea that a figure skater should wear whatever he/she/they want to wear.

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
New Xfinity Commercial

Vogue article accompanying Gucci Nathan

Team Bridgestone announcement on their IG