Chelsea Liu & Danny O'Shea | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Chelsea Liu & Danny O'Shea

loopy1217

Rinkside
Any news? I hope they are getting the cards.
So I forgot to send them cards. But upside is that USPS finally slow down from the holiday, sending them the card now might be faster :).

I hope they are okay, they haven’t post anything on IG in a long while. Hope someone spot them in National (I won’t be going as omicron surge and USFS isn’t doing anything to protect the skaters…which I rather not talk about it in here…)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ On January 2, she wrote "I'm hanging in there."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ On January 2, she wrote "I'm hanging in there."
Well I went to DM her and discovered I had DMed her awhile back “hope you are both healing well” and she never answered so I’ll let it be. Don’t want to be a stalker.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speculation. The retirement thread on GS. Apparently TSL, to which I do not listen, had a guest, an Elena Betchke, who said “the third” US pair team was retiring.

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Speculation. The retirement thread on GS. Apparently TSL, to which I do not listen, had a guest, an Elena Betchke, who said “the third” US pair team was retiring.
Wouldn't that be Calalang/Johnson? ETA no, she must have been referring to Lu/Mitrofanov, who finished third at Nats this year since K/F had to withdraw due to covid.

loopy1217

Rinkside
Seeing Ashley falling today in worlds remind me how dangerous the pairs skating is and remind me that Chelsea and Danny both had fall not many months ago (feels like years ago…). I hope they continue as a team because watching them OIP clip last summer was how I get back into pair skating again.

With Audrey/Misha that maybe splitting (not official AFAIK) I do hope that means more opportunity for C&D. One can hope, right?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seeing Ashley falling today in worlds remind me how dangerous the pairs skating is and remind me that Chelsea and Danny both had fall not many months ago (feels like years ago…). I hope they continue as a team because watching them OIP clip last summer was how I get back into pair skating again.

With Audrey/Misha that maybe splitting (not official AFAIK) I do hope that means more opportunity for C&D. One can hope, right?
Yes. I love Danny so dang much.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
On TSL's broadcast today, Dave leaked that Danny O'Shea recently had a tryout with Olivia Serafini (who split with Mervin Tran last year). That would mean Chelsea is not prepared to return to skating. I'm so sad about this, because Chelsea and Danny were so well-matched. Chelsea mainly needed to figure out the jump and throw landings, but I think that was doable.

The important thing though, is for Chelsea to fully heal and to feel safe and happy as she moves forward with her life. I wish her success and joy in everything. For the brief time that Danny and Chelsea were together, they sparked excitement and inspiration. They should both be proud of their partnership, however brief it was.

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
On TSL's broadcast today, Dave leaked that Danny O'Shea recently had a tryout with Olivia Serafini (who split with Mervin Tran last year). That would mean Chelsea is not prepared to return to skating. I'm so sad about this, because Chelsea and Danny were so well-matched. Chelsea mainly needed to figure out the jump and throw landings, but I think that was doable.

The important thing though, is for Chelsea to fully heal and to feel safe and happy as she moves forward with her life. I wish her success and joy in everything. For the brief time that Danny and Chelsea were together, they sparked excitement and inspiration. They should both be proud of their partnership, however brief it was.
I just came here to ask about this (just caught up with TSL myself today) and I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this. Like you, I am disappointed because Danny and Chelsea were *sooooo* good together (they were the highlight of Skate America for me).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just came here to ask about this (just caught up with TSL myself today) and I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this. Like you, I am disappointed because Danny and Chelsea were *sooooo* good together (they were the highlight of Skate America for me).
No one here (that I know of) knows anything other than what’s been reported on TSL. I’m a big Danny fan so I’m haunting these boards until I hear he has a partner. I cannot resist his joyous smile.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a bit of an update on Chelsea Liu. ❤️

She wrote me in a message that she finds coaching to be very therapeutic for her. Lucky kids, to have her as a coach! She hopes to be a coach who makes skating about more than just competition. To this, I say a huge "hooray!" :points:

She's working with a therapist, and she hopes to keep getting better and find a way to heal physically and mentally, to healthily be involved with the sport again at some point in the future.