Who's here for the summer? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who's here for the summer?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The first lists are up...
Major Championship Videos 1947 – 1998
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/major-championship-videos-1947-–-1998.92531/

Some of the events from the 1980's can be put in order one of two ways:
1 By order of finish - this can always be found in the Wiki link. It is my default if I don't know the order.
2 By start order (no spoilers) - I personally love this if I can do this. It does take longer.

Any preferences, leave me a comment

I'm the same - I prefer videos being listed by start order so as to avoid spoilers. But, as you say, it can be difficult to find out the start order, even for competitions from relatively recently.

And can I just say, you have done a great job with all the video archive threads. :bow: :clap: :points:

By the way, back in March 2016, I posted a thread analysing the distribution of all the Major Championships for the 20 seasons from 1998 – 1999 to 2017 – 2018:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/58775

There are two tables in the first post that I think you may find useful:

1. The first table lists all the Majors from the 1998 – 1999 to 2017 – 2018 seasons.
  2. The second table lists all the Majors from the 2018 – 2019 to 2021 – 2022 seasons (updated today).

The second table does not count towards the analysis, as the location of most of the events had not yet been announced at the time I wrote the thread. And then subsequent events meant that I had to take a novel approach when updating this table:

1. For events that were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I included them in the count.
  2. For events that were postponed from the 2020-2021 Season to the 2021 – 2022 Season (i.e. the EYOF and the Universiade), I only included them in the count once (just like I had done with the WTT that was postponed from 2011 to 2012).
  3. For the 2022 events that were relocated to Tallinn, I listed the original locations in the table.

So that they could be more than just tables of locations, I had it so that each cell linked to the Entries / Results page for that event. Unfortunately, there were a few that I couldn't find (particularly for the 1998 – 1999 Season, and for the EYOF and ICG), but I was pleasantly surprised with how many I did find.

Anyway, the reason I am bringing this up is to say that if you think these tables include anything that may be of use to you in your threads, feel free to make use of the information.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New Mystery - Can anyone name the German LADY SINGLES skater at the start of this video?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also - Another Pull Arabian sighting by the German pair

Maris & Otto Jelinek CAN, Margret Göbl / Franz Ningel FRG

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Hello everyone,

haven't been to the forum in a while, hope everyone is having a great summer!

Not much going on here, just wanted to catch up on some threads so that I don't have too much to catch up on by the time Skate America arrives.
I just recently thought about how much I was looking forward to the live competition threads for the coming season, and one of the major highlights of these threads for me are your reaction GIFs. :points: Can't wait to see Zamboni dino again!

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
solecism-t_rex.gif

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Uschi Keszler maybe? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uschi_Keszler

(bit more than a wild guess, but gave it a try since I thought I can read perhaps hard-to-find sources)
Uschi Keszler is a good guess for 1964,1965 or 1966 but she did not podium at Nationals in 1963.
Well the entrants for Europeans were Gabriele Seyfert GDR and Karin Gude FRG. Usually the winners of Nationals go to Worlds so there is that way to narrow it down. I thought the big hairdo would help me figure it out. She doesn't quite remind me of Seyfert and I can't find a good picture of Gude. I am as not familiar with the European ladies especially ones competing before I was born.

German Nationals results for 1963:
1963West-BerlinKarin Gude
(Düsseldorfer EG)
Inge Paul
(SC Riessersee)
Angelika Wagner
(EC Linde Nürnberg)

yesterday

Record Breaker
Uschi Keszler is a good guess for 1964,1965 or 1966 but she did not podium at Nationals in 1963.
Well the entrants for Europeans were Gabriele Seyfert GDR and Karin Gude FRG. Usually the winners of Nationals go to Worlds so there is that way to narrow it down. I thought the big hairdo would help me figure it out. She doesn't quite remind me of Seyfert and I can't find a good picture of Gude. I am as not familiar with the European ladies especially ones competing before I was born.

(Düsseldorfer EG)
Inge Paul
(SC Riessersee)
Angelika Wagner
(EC Linde Nürnberg)
Yes she was 6th but I did not see from the video that the woman there was on the podium (had no sound on) :). The video says it's German Championship not Worlds or Euros?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes she was 6th but I did not see from the video that the woman there was on the podium (had no sound on) :). The video says it's German Championship not Worlds or Euros?
Yes the video is from German Nationals which were in West Berlin as the video states. I have been adding other country Nationals to the threads to give us a picture of the other competitors at Europeans and Worlds.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Yes the video is from German Nationals which were in West Berlin as the video states. I have been adding other country Nationals to the threads to give us a picture of the other competitors at Europeans and Worlds.
Okay so they could also be showing non podium skaters in that video? I focused on "who was there" not "who qualified for the bigger events". But I will try to find something for the top 3 as well.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can actually see Uschi (2nd from the left) and Angelika Wagner (third from the left) together in this pic which is also on Uschis german Wikipedia article.
Could be Angelika as well?

maybe..
what about this photo of Gaby Seyfert

LadyB

Record Breaker
Did Uschi Keszler not work with Brian Orser later on? I think that's the only time I've heard her name.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Uschi Keszler not work with Brian Orser later on? I think that's the only time I've heard her name.
I know she worked with Elvis Stojko and was quite the show skater.

LadyB

Record Breaker
We're a
I always associated Uschi Keszler with Elvis Stojko.
I know she worked with Elvis Stojko and was quite the show skater.
We're all right. :rock:

"Keszler is known primarily for her work with Canadian skaters Brian Orser, Elvis Stojko, and Shae-Lynn Bourne / Victor Kraatz. Keszler invented the term "hydroblading" to refer to skating on deep edges low to the ice, and using it as a training technique. In 1997, she became a co-owner of the Ice Works rink in Aston, Pennsylvania.[2]"

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But it can't be Seyfert, right? She wouldn't have competed at German Nationals but at DDR Nationals, which in 1963 took place in today's Chemnitz as Google tells me.
This is what confuses me. So there were two Germany's at this point then making our lady one of the three podium skaters or another featured skater like Uzschi. I am not confident to make this call. I am hoping someone else can help.

(Düsseldorfer EG)
Inge Paul
(SC Riessersee)
Angelika Wagner
(EC Linde Nürnberg)