Gracie Gold | Page 111 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Also when Ekaterina was skating the second half of her free, Gracie came out and I got so nervous. I started shaking from nerves :drama:; can't imagine how I'd react if I saw the Kween skate live

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Gracie’s triple flip got downgraded today, which is a surprising call in my opinion. If it had been called rotated (which if you watch in slow mo her blade is clearly backwards when she falls), even with the fall and ! She would have gotten the World long tech minimum!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes. She is close. But, also, she can try to land another triple jump outside the lutz toe combo. She only landed the 3S here. 3 triples isn’t enough. She needs to aim for 4. I always think she isn’t smart by adding another salchow, as it is her most consistent jump. In Austria, she should go for 3Lz 3T, 3Lz, 3S 2A 2T, 3S layout combo for the first half. Then, 2A 2T, 2Lz, 2S in the second half.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Yes. She is close. But, also, she can try to land another triple jump outside the lutz toe combo. She only landed the 3S here. 3 triples isn’t enough. She needs to aim for 4. I always think she isn’t smart by adding another salchow, as it is her most consistent jump. In Austria, she should go for 3Lz 3T, 3Lz, 3S 2A 2T, 3S layout combo for the first half. Then, 2A 2T, 2Lz, 2S in the second half.
I don’t disagree, she is close and she does need to land another triple. The downgrade just took me by surprise. It was much cleaner than the one she did at Nebelhorn and that one was only called under. I think she can probably do double loop instead of double sal in your layout, but other then that I agree. I always wonder if someone is sitting with her and showing her how she could get the most points currently. She needs to make World mins, someone needs to come up with a doable layout that would get her those points. Then, if she completes that, they can make it harder. She’s admitted that she’s difficult to coach as she’s a perfectionist. Hopefully someone is talking To her about this, getting world minimums is super important (if her goal is as she stated to make Worlds) as this is probably her last chance this season.
ETA - 6th place allowed her to get some more world standing points, so that’s great!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don’t disagree, she is close and she does need to land another triple. The downgrade just took me by surprise. It was much cleaner than the one she did at Nebelhorn and that one was only called under. I think she can probably do double loop instead of double sal in your layout, but other then that I agree. I always wonder if someone is sitting with her and showing her how she could get the most points currently. She needs to make World mins, someone needs to come up with a doable layout that would get her those points. Then, if she completes that, they can make it harder. She’s admitted that she’s difficult to coach as she’s a perfectionist. Hopefully someone is talking To her about this, getting world minimums is super important (if her goal is as she stated to make Worlds) as this is probably her last chance this season.
ETA - 6th place allowed her to get some more world standing points, so that’s great!
She also missed a combo second jump. But, yes, that triple flip only gave her 0.90. But, had she went for a 3S 1T, instead, she could have got 5.90 instead. A 5 point difference with four triples, overall.

To me, it is simple math. When I saw Rika Kihira score 48 points, at Japan Open with only two 3S and a 3T, she messed up her 3S in the second half, I just thought to myself, Rika is capable of 50 TES with only the three easiest triples and can get the minimum score, if she adds a second triple toe, with four triples. So, just four triples and the easiest ones too, is required. Gracie has 3Lz, 3S and even 3T in her arsenal. She is capable of 3Lz 3T and I think she scored the most here in terms of highest scoring combo. But, only landing a 3S apart from the opening combo, is only three triples. After the first half, I knew she landed these three triples. I thought, she only needs to land one more in the second half, and of course, she had her normal meltdown.

But, 6th place and world ranking points is good here. I would like for her to aim for this simpler layout in the free skate at Austria. It would be nice to not only get this minimum, but, skate a smart layout to also get her more points, which would allow her to place higher, at these challenger events.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She also missed a combo second jump. But, yes, that triple flip only gave her 0.90. But, had she went for a 3S 1T, instead, she could have got 5.90 instead. A 5 point difference with four triples, overall.

To me, it is simple math. When I saw Rika Kihira score 48 points, at Japan Open with only two 3S and a 3T, she messed up her 3S in the second half, I just thought to myself, Rika is capable of 50 TES with only the three easiest triples and can get the minimum score, if she adds a second triple toe, with four triples. So, just four triples and the easiest ones too, is required. Gracie has 3Lz, 3S and even 3T in her arsenal. She is capable of 3Lz 3T and I think she scored the most here in terms of highest scoring combo. But, only landing a 3S apart from the opening combo, is only three triples. After the first half, I knew she landed these three triples. I thought, she only needs to land one more in the second half, and of course, she had her normal meltdown.

But, 6th place and world ranking points is good here. I would like for her to aim for this simpler layout in the free skate at Austria. It would be nice to not only get this minimum, but, skate a smart layout to also get her more points, which would allow her to place higher, at these challenger events.
I don’t think she had a meltdown at all. 🤷‍♂️. I’ve seen her melt down- multiple falls and just letting everything go. I’ll be glad when she can take the flip out. I want to kill it with fire.

Then again some people think H/B’s short dance is the most brilliant thing they’ve ever seen and some hate it. I have a good friend who thinks Jimmy Ma’s long is not doing him any favors, but it’s one of my favorite long programs from anyone ever. I will watch it again and again.

Sometimes I wonder how they even attempt to judge this sport.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
I don’t think she had a meltdown at all. 🤷‍♂️. I’ve seen her melt down- multiple falls and just letting everything go. I’ll be glad when she can take the flip out. I want to kill it with fire.

Then again some people think H/B’s short dance is the most brilliant thing they’ve ever seen and some hate it. I have a good friend who thinks Jimmy Ma’s long is not doing him any favors, but it’s one of my favorite long programs from anyone ever. I will watch it again and again.

Sometimes I wonder how they even attempt to judge this sport.
I don't think this was a meltdown either, I think it was a positive step In the right direction. According to TSL (I know, I know) the hip injury has been going on for at least a month. I’m not sure that means it will be healed by Austria (most likely not), so if She’s determined to do triples, the flip will stay in most likely, because he said the loop hurts her the most (must be the right hip, uggg). I think to get the World’s tech minimum, she should just go for Triple lutz, triple toe and triple sal in the long. Austria isn’t super packed with lots of high scoring skaters, so a good long might help her get more World Standing points. I was also thinking that if the hip is still an issue longer than the fall, she could do a layout with these jumps (not necessarily I’m this order)
3lz+3T
3Lz
3S
3S+2T
2Lz+2A+2A
2Lz
2F

I think this might give her the most points without doing triple loop or triple flip. By putting the double axels into one combo, it frees up a jumping pass. Of course it’s easy for me to sit here and say what should be done, but I’m not in the situation, so I just hope they are really looking at point values, and that whatever they decide to go with, they just set the program this week, so she can practice it with the layout for competition.
I did like that she seemed WAY more committed to the spins and steps than we’ve seen in a while, that was great!
ETA - I just added it all up, and assuming she got Level 4s on all spins, Level 3on steps and everything got zeros (which we know shes usually a positive GOE skater) she would get a 55.36 for Tech.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think this was a meltdown either, I think it was a positive step In the right direction. According to TSL (I know, I know) the hip injury has been going on for at least a month. I’m not sure that means it will be healed by Austria (most likely not), so if She’s determined to do triples, the flip will stay in most likely, because he said the loop hurts her the most (must be the right hip, uggg). I think to get the World’s tech minimum, she should just go for Triple lutz, triple toe and triple sal in the long. Austria isn’t super packed with lots of high scoring skaters, so a good long might help her get more World Standing points. I was also thinking that if the hip is still an issue longer than the fall, she could do a layout with these jumps (not necessarily I’m this order)
3lz+3T
3Lz
3S
3S+2T
2Lz+2A+2A
2Lz
2F

I think this might give her the most points without doing triple loop or triple flip. By putting the double axels into one combo, it frees up a jumping pass. Of course it’s easy for me to sit here and say what should be done, but I’m not in the situation, so I just hope they are really looking at point values, and that whatever they decide to go with, they just set the program this week, so she can practice it with the layout for competition.
I did like that she seemed WAY more committed to the spins and steps than we’ve seen in a while, that was great!
ETA - I just added it all up, and assuming she got Level 4s on all spins, Level 3on steps and everything got zeros (which we know shes usually a positive GOE skater) she would get a 55.36 for Tech.

Let’s hope so.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I must admit I had forgotten how elegant she was. I like skaters who read who are not children can have long career and hope she still have years in competitive skating. Would love to see her live someday.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, the US women's field is wide open and she could realistically be top 6 at nationals
That would be so awesome. I so want to go to both hut there is no way even if I eat nothing but beans and rice until the end of time. Sofias mom wants me to go to 4CCs also. But I promised if Gracie went to Nationals I would too.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must admit I had forgotten how elegant she was. I like skaters who read who are not children can have long career and hope she still have years in competitive skating. Would love to see her live someday.
I said that too. Then I went to 2016 Worlds and haven’t stopped going yet.

Country
Norway
Just a happy thought: Gracie has already been competing 4 competitions this season, and she has her 5th in 3 weeks and before even half the season is gone. That is more that she competed in the whole last season. I mean, I know it wasn´t many competitions last season, but she did what she could, having only one international and having to do the qualifying rounds before Nationals. Now she doesn´t need to do that, and she is going to her third international soon :biggrin: And she got minimum for 4CC and is so close to getting the WC minimum for the free skate. She has achieved so much!! And we are lucky people who get to watch her skate so many times this season, may that continue as long as she wants :pray: