Gracie Gold | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

Country
Norway
I know it´s early to talk about next season, but I still want to mention it since it´s of such good character. With Gracies results at Skate America she is now listed as nr. 35 on the ISU season best list for this season. It´s still early and a lot can change and she can also improve her score more. The reason I mentioned it is because her score looks very good in terms of being top 75 when the season ends. It´s the top 75 that determines if you even can get a spot and which Gracie wasn´t on for this GP season. If this would have been last season score, she would been in top 75 and could have gotten a second GP because of all the WD.

So if she decides to continue next season, there is a good chance she might get at least one spot that isn´t host spot, and maybe even 2 (I don´t remember the criteria now, but to get 2 spots from the start you need to be top 25 right?)

macy

Record Breaker
even though she was dissappointed, her overall skating was the best its been since her comeback. in most ways, she really skates like her old self. the spins, speed, choreography, skating skills are all there. the lutz toe is the best its been in 5 or 6 years, and she landed it in both programs. the mental piece with the jumps is the last piece of the puzzle. she has A LOT to be proud of, and i hope she sees that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know it´s early to talk about next season, but I still want to mention it since it´s of such good character. With Gracies results at Skate America she is now listed as nr. 35 on the ISU season best list for this season. It´s still early and a lot can change and she can also improve her score more. The reason I mentioned it is because her score looks very good in terms of being top 75 when the season ends. It´s the top 75 that determines if you even can get a spot and which Gracie wasn´t on for this GP season. If this would have been last season score, she would been in top 75 and could have gotten a second GP because of all the WD.

So if she decides to continue next season, there is a good chance she might get at least one spot that isn´t host spot, and maybe even 2 (I don´t remember the criteria now, but to get 2 spots from the start you need to be top 25 right?)
Right, I looked it up and I think last season she was....114th?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a happy thought: Gracie has already been competing 4 competitions this season, and she has her 5th in 3 weeks and before even half the season is gone. That is more that she competed in the whole last season. I mean, I know it wasn´t many competitions last season, but she did what she could, having only one international and having to do the qualifying rounds before Nationals. Now she doesn´t need to do that, and she is going to her third international soon :biggrin: And she got minimum for 4CC and is so close to getting the WC minimum for the free skate. She has achieved so much!! And we are lucky people who get to watch her skate so many times this season, may that continue as long as she wants :pray:
What is her next comp? I SHOULD know...

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh you're so lucky...that's such a wonderful venue:)
It was! I'd go again if it was hosted in Norwood or Boston in general. I hope it'll be in the midwest next year though so I don't have to travel as far.

Now onto Gracie, does anyone else want Gracie to change her solo jump to 3S for the short? Her 3S is so powerful and got +2/+3 GOE from the judges in her free two weeks ago. I rescored her SP and put in the 3S in place of the 3Lo and she scored 69.75. I'm so excited to see Gracie in Austria

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
It was! I'd go again if it was hosted in Norwood or Boston in general. I hope it'll be in the midwest next year though so I don't have to travel as far.

Now onto Gracie, does anyone else want Gracie to change her solo jump to 3S for the short? Her 3S is so powerful and got +2/+3 GOE from the judges in her free two weeks ago. I rescored her SP and put in the 3S in place of the 3Lo and she scored 69.75. I'm so excited to see Gracie in Austria
I think she should change it to the sal, especially if her hip is still bothering her. But, I have a funny feeling it will be the flip. I understand why she does the flip in the long, but in the short her possible deductions would hurt more than the lesser base values on the sal. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I guess we will see in a week and a half! It’s so nice to get to watch (on the computer) her compete so often this season. Such a treat for her fans!

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope her and Clare Seo can go clean and do well next week :) the field is very weak with the Canadians and Koreans being the only ones who can rival them imo and they both have more tech than the Canadians do (minus Kaiya) and the Koreans at this event are very inconsistent...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I hope her and Clare Seo can go clean and do well next week :) the field is very weak with the Canadians and Koreans being the only ones who can rival them imo and they both have more tech than the Canadians do (minus Kaiya) and the Koreans at this event are very inconsistent...
You are underestimating all the Europeans:
There is Kimmy Repond 🇨🇭 who skated 170+ at all three of her events, Lorine Schild 🇫🇷 who is the best French lady and scored 179 in Juniors. Then, the girls from Finland 🇫🇮 who are hit and miss, but, can beat the two Americans, when they are on. There is an Estonian 🇪🇪 girl. Josefin Sweden 🇸🇪 can score 160+, even with an easier technical abilities. The Austrian 🇦🇹 local fave can also score over 150. Julia Lang from 🇭🇺 scored 160+ recently. The Italians 🇮🇹 can also score over 160. I have no idea who will win. I think a score close to 180 gets you gold and a score over 170 is necessary just to be on the podium. But, it wouldn’t surprise me to see 1 or 2 Europeans on the podium. Especially, Repond who is so consistent and Schild who placed well at her two Junior events.

Last edited:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
You are underestimating all the Europeans:
There is Kimmy Repond 🇨🇭 who skated 170+ at all three of her events, Lorine Schild 🇫🇷 who is the best French lady and scored 179 in Juniors. Then, the girls from Finland 🇫🇮 who are hit and miss, but, can beat the two Americans, when they are on. There is an Estonian 🇪🇪 girl. Josefin Sweden 🇸🇪 can score 160+, even with an easier technical abilities. The Austrian 🇦🇹 local fave can also score over 150. Julia Lang from 🇭🇺 scored 160+ recently. The Italians 🇮🇹 can also score over 160. I have no idea who will win. I think a score close to 180 gets you gold and a score over 170 is necessary just to be on the podium. But, it wouldn’t surprise me to see 1 or 2 Europeans on the podium. Especially, Repond who is so consistent and Schild who placed well at her two Junior events.
Other than Repond and Schild, are they consistent? I'd love for everyone to skate clean but I know better than to expect it especially from skaters like Pezzetta :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Other than Repond and Schild, are they consistent? I'd love for everyone to skate clean but I know better than to expect it especially from skaters like Pezzetta :)
HaHa! I would say the answer to your question is NO. They can score as high as 170. But, can score as low as 130.

Country
Norway
If Gracie can reproduce what she did in Philly i´m sure she will be on the podium, if she should skater cleaner than in Philly, IMO she will be the clear winner because she has the biggest scoring potensial, best PCS and best spins. She also has the best 3Lz-3T combo when she hits it, and it will give her a big advantage if she repeats Philly and SA and land that combo in both skates. If she skates like she did in SA she can still get a high score, but if she will be on the podium with a score of around 170 will depend on what others do. The Challengers so far have been really strict, and skaters have gotten really hammered on their lutz and UR. Gracie, with her great technique can really advantage of this, she should just leave the flip out, because it rarely pays off. But if she is still struggling with the hip injury and will leave the loop out, she will probably stick with the flip.

I hope her hip is better, but I agree that sal in the SP would be the best option if she can´t do the loop. Also, from my understanding, it´s easier to add a combo on the sal if she should fall on the opening lutz. When Gracie miss the opening combo, she almost never adjust the program and tries to add a combo on the solo jump in the SP. If she can just add a double toeloop it will help her getting a better score. But it´s difficult to add a combo on a loop, so it´s easier if her solo jump is sal. She added a sal toe combo in her FS at Nebelhorn as the last jumping pass so I know she can do it!

After what I did see in the SA, I have a feeling that Gracie will be top 5 and that podium is completely possible in this field, she has gotten better and better and she looks to really be in a good place now, but we all know about her nerves and popping jumps, and then there is the hip, but she for sure needs a better skate then Nebelhorn if she wants to be top 5, all though the field is much weaker her. So I think everything can happen.