Gracie Gold | Page 113 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

Country
Norway
Other than Repond and Schild, are they consistent? I'd love for everyone to skate clean but I know better than to expect it especially from skaters like Pezzetta :)
HaHa! I would say the answer to your question is NO. They can score as high as 170. But, can score as low as 130.

All though Schild is very consistent and talented, this is her first senior Challenger, and it will be interesting to see how she will be scored here. Because, IMO, I think she has not the best jump technique, her landings looks always a bit wonky to me, and if we will have the very strict panel like previous Challengers she might get a lot of carrots or stingy GOE. She has scored over 170 in JGP, but I´m not sure she will score as high here. But yes, it´s almost impossible to predict this competition, so many skaters can skate in the range fro 170 to 130 😂

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
All though Schild is very consistent and talented, this is her first senior Challenger, and it will be interesting to see how she will be scored here. Because, IMO, I think she has not the best jump technique, her landings looks always a bit wonky to me, and if we will have the very strict panel like previous Challengers she might get a lot of carrots or stingy GOE. She has scored over 170 in JGP, but I´m not sure she will score as high here. But yes, it´s almost impossible to predict this competition, so many skaters can skate in the range fro 170 to 130 😂
That is true. She placed 6th at her two events. In the second one, where she scored 179, I saw her free skate and wondered how the hell is she landing those triples when she goes off axis. But, she landed them… HeHe!

Country
Norway

I missed out that there was a gala in Austria as well, of course Gracie skated at the gala :biggrin: She looks amazing. At the Nebelhorn Gala she performed in training gear, I don´t know what that was about, maybe she didn´t expect to perform at the gala there, but it feels good to see her bringing a gala dress this time, and looks she made some extra effort with hair and makeup as well.

I notice as well that she has visual tapes on her back on the left? side, so it looks like she is still struggling with this injury and that it didn´t get better after SA. My impression is that she wasn´t extremely disappointed with her result in Austria, after the SP she and her coach was nodding in approval of the score. Like someone mentioned, I think her injury might we worse than we know and that they were prepared that it would impact her jumps and that result would not be great, maybe she even would have WD if she didn´t need to compete to get bye to Nationals. I know Gracie said after SA that she wanted to do better at this competition, but her injury might have given her struggles. She also switched out the lutz with a toeloop in the gala, which could indicate her lutz is giving her trouble as well now.

When that said, her spins was really amazing. I think you can see she has been working hard to raise the quality of her programs.

Now she can rest a little, try to heal and then prepare for Nationals. Though it has been up and downs at the start of the season, Gracie can be extremely proud of the start she had and what she achieved. She will now go into Nationals with more competition experience that she had in years!

Last edited:

sworddance21

On the Ice

I missed out that there was a gala in Austria as well, of course Gracie skated at the gala :biggrin: She looks amazing. At the Nebelhorn Gala she performed in training gear, I don´t know what that was about, maybe she didn´t expect to perform at the gala there, but it feels good to see her bringing a gala dress this time, and looks she made some extra effort with hair and makeup as well.

I notice as well that she has visual tapes on her back on the left? side, so it looks like she is still struggling with this injury and that it didn´t get better after SA. My impression is that she wasn´t extremely disappointed with her result in Austria, after the SP she and her coach was nodding in approval of the score. Like someone mentioned, I think her injury might we worse than we know and that they were prepared that it would impact her jumps and that result would not be great, maybe she even would have WD if she didn´t need to compete to get bye to Nationals. I know Gracie said after SA that she wanted to do better at this competition, but her injury might have given her struggles. She also switched out the lutz with a toeloop in the gala, which could indicate her lutz is giving her trouble as well now.

When that said, her spins was really amazing. I think you can see she has been working hard to raise the quality of her programs.

Now she can rest a little, try to heal and then prepare for Nationals. Though it has been up and downs at the start of the season, Gracie can be extremely proud of the start she had and what she achieved. She will now go into Nationals with more competition experience that she had in years!

That was just lovely.

macy

Record Breaker
i didn't realize she had an injury, do we know what it is?

that would explain the lutzes since she popped them in both programs and replaced it in the gala. odd since she was hitting really, really great ones (in combo) in competition earlier in the season.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States

that would explain the lutzes since she popped them in both programs and replaced it in the gala. odd since she was hitting really, really great ones (in combo) in competition earlier in the season.
I've heard its a hip injury

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It’s rumored to be a hip. And I was really hoping for news of it. I’m kind of waiting to buy my Nationals ticket to make sure she doesn’t withdraw since she’s the reason I’m making the obscenely long trip to CA.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No injury news yet, I take it? I might have to force myself to watch Dave Lease🤮

Country
Norway
Good luck to Gracie this week :hap10: :hap10:

I don´t know what to make it from not hearing anything... but no matter what I hope she enjoys herself. I still have very fresh in mind her SP at Nationals last year and smiles whenever thinking about it. I like to go back and watch it, it such a brilliant moment of her career.

When is the first women practice? I´m hoping there will be reports about Gracie!