2022 Skate Canada Women's Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Women's Free Skate

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I'm going to go with Rika on this one, just because of her jumping quality. Niina had a few scratchy landings. I think a good argument could be made for either of them, though, and Niina was def robbed in the short. Currently not angry at the judges, which is an improvement over yesterday

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Jackie Wong is doing a Twitter Live, giving commentary in between programs for the women's free skate and he called out the power Niina generates from her ankles. Super interesting and makes me appreciate her that much more - she's quickly becoming one of my low-key faves.

Link to the Twitter Live if anyone's interested!
I hope I can hear it later, I can't listen to him, Ted and Kaitlyn at the same time.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Rinka - she needs a good skate here. I wonder if she will go for two triple axels. She needs to focus on the rest of the triple jumps and make sure she rotates her jumps.
Ava is the one to watch. She has big clear triples and if she skates like how she did at Budapest, I can see her sneak into the podium
Will the Canadians hold on.
Maddie was first after SP at her last two events and then fell apart
Gabby skated two weeks ago domestically and skated a clean SP (67) and then fell apart in the free skate (110). She is iffy with her triples and had some horrible falls and lack of endurance. So, I’m not expecting much. I just want her to skate better than how she did domestically. Go 🇨🇦