Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 153 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

kd2085

Spectator
Jcoates, you bring up a lot of good points. I’ve been a fan of Dancing for years and have always liked Maks and his fiery personality, but was hesitant when he saw that I was Meryl’s partner. I was afraid the producers were going to set up some “bad boy of the ballroom” vs “ice princess” storyline that would get old quickly. Luckily, starting in week 1, I was pleasantly surprised. While I believe Maks in his stating that he came into the show with a different mentality, I think that Meryl’s personality, demeanor and yes, natural dance ability, helped him to express himself both emotionally and creatively. Add that to what appeared to start as a very strong and solid friendship and it was truly a partnership that I’d never seen before on Dancing. I also feel that Meryl’s personality, compared from week 1 to the finals completely changed; she seemed more confident both on and off the floor and completely flourished with Maks. Would I love to see them pursue something romantically? Of course, they seemed very happy and relaxed with one another. But, Meryl is so private, we may never know. Or we will, if Maks continues saying things like, “I love her, but it’s our relationship…” Sometimes Maks lacks a filter ;)

My issue with people continuing to bring up Fedor stems from two things.

One, you’re exactly correct in the fact that people reference quotes from months ago, as well as a facebook picture that hasn’t been updated since 2012 (also want to point out that his twitter hasn’t been updated since 2012 either, so maybe he’s just not into social media). Everything, including Meryl travelling to Hawaii with Jenna (as opposed to a significant other), continuing to dodge/deflect answering about her and Maks’ romantic relationship, spending two nights with Maks during her NYC visit with Puffs, points to the fact that she is either single OR working on a relationship with Maks. For people to continue to bring up Fedor paints Meryl in a negative light that she doesn’t deserve, in my opinion. After the infamous tbt picture was posted, the comments on her instagram ranged from rude to vicious. In no way do I place this blame on Meryl, but rather cowards hiding behind their computer, but it was disgusting to see, nonetheless.

Secondly, Fedor deserves to move on and live his life in private, as well. While I think it was downright ignorant of him to post that tbt picture, I think he did so as wishful/wistful thinking, not to put it up for 15 minutes, get attention, then go private as people continue to speculate months later. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt in that he didn’t post it to make Meryl look bad…but maybe he did. Either way, Meryl appears to have moved on, he deserves to, as well.

slider11

Medalist
I dunno...I'm torn. I actually would like to see Meryl with Maks or at least playing the field and enjoying herself. If she is in a relationship with Fedor then you would think someone would catch them at a restaurant or somewhere. What, exactly, would they be hiding? The whole "Marina likes you better" thing is over. D/W and V/M have left the competitive circle and are pursuing other interests. I prefer to think that she is happily single for the moment and intrigued with Maks but not eager to jump into something that could end badly and make her look foolish. She is nothing but smart and even wiser to take it slow. I bet she and Jenna had lots of heart to heart discussion about the care and feeding of Maks since Jenna is in his NYC friend circle. Slow and steady, Meryl...that's the way!

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I dunno...I'm torn. I actually would like to see Meryl with Maks or at least playing the field and enjoying herself. If she is in a relationship with Fedor then you would think someone would catch them at a restaurant or somewhere. What, exactly, would they be hiding? The whole "Marina likes you better" thing is over. D/W and V/M have left the competitive circle and are pursuing other interests. I prefer to think that she is happily single for the moment and intrigued with Maks but not eager to jump into something that could end badly and make her look foolish. She is nothing but smart and even wiser to take it slow. I bet she and Jenna had lots of heart to heart discussion about the care and feeding of Maks since Jenna is in his NYC friend circle. Slow and steady, Meryl...that's the way!

All I want is Meryl to have some fun. After working her butt off for years and years and being part of one of the most successful ice dancing teams of all time, she deserves some fun! Especially if it includes a glitzy showbiz romance. She deserves. it.

buttermilk

On the Ice
Somebody who follows Fedor's private instagram saw pictures of him with a girl 5 days ago having a milkshake in Michigan while Meryl was on her 2-week vacation in Hawaii. After not seeing him apparently at all for 4 1/2 months, if they were still together, he would have been on that vacation. It's over.

slider11

Medalist
Just occurred to me. Meryl and Maks are both keeping their distance for good reasons - Meryl is afraid Maks is too fast, too urbane, too hit and run. If she just broke up with a good looking Russian why would she jump right back in? Maks is afraid that he is King Kong (as Val described) and will crush her with his love. He's also too savvy with relationships to know if Meryl just ended a close relationship in the last couple months that it is all the better to let her heal. Distance and time is the best for both of them. If it's meant to be... This could make one steamy novel/movie!

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
Somebody who follows Fedor's private instagram saw pictures of him with a girl 5 days ago having a milkshake in Michigan while Meryl was on her 2-week vacation in Hawaii. After not seeing him apparently at all for 4 1/2 months, if they were still together, he would have been on that vacation. It's over.

That is good evidence that they broke up. Thank you for bringing that over. I am not trying to poo-poo a Meryl/Maks or Meryl/whomever pairing. Just brought over that right as of taping she was saying she had a boyfriend. Maybe Maks broke them up, maybe they were struggling before DWTS and they realized with time apart that they should see other people. Again, only Meryl knows for sure.

buttermilk

On the Ice
Meryl was away at the Olympics for almost the whole month of February, Fedor didn't go. By the time she got back at the beginning of March, he was gone on a spring break trip to Macchu Picchu. Then she did DWTS for three months and he wasn't seen or heard from the entire time. Then she went to Hawaii and he didn't go. There's no doubt in my mind that they broke up. She abruptly broke off social media contact with him in early March, right around the time she left for LA to do DWTS so that's probably when it became official.

I think it freed her up to flirt with and maybe have a fling with Maks. But the more Maks talks, the more I believe they aren't together and aren't planning to be. He keeps saying, "I love her...BUT". They have apparently spent two days together since DWTS ended and that was because Meryl was in NYC on business. We'll see, but Maks said getting involved on DWTS is like a "summer romance" and that's probably all that it's going to be.

slider11

Medalist
I think the love you but, from Maks, involves Meryl having been in a relationship right up until or shortly after the Olympics. He is savvy enough to know that a rebound thing would not be good for either. Plus he just split with Kate Upton in December so I think, wisely, he knows they both need space. I know we'll never know for sure until it happens or not...but what better way to develop a relationship then focusing on work and giving it some time.

buttermilk

On the Ice
Let's just say I won't be surprised either way. 2-3 months from now we might find out they are seriously dating, or we might find out that are occasionally meeting up and working on dance project(s) and that's it. I find both equally plausible.

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
Meryl was away at the Olympics for almost the whole month of February, Fedor didn't go. By the time she got back at the beginning of March, he was gone on a spring break trip to Macchu Picchu. Then she did DWTS for three months and he wasn't seen or heard from the entire time. Then she went to Hawaii and he didn't go. There's no doubt in my mind that they broke up. She abruptly broke off social media contact with him in early March, right around the time she left for LA to do DWTS so that's probably when it became official.

I think it freed her up to flirt with and maybe have a fling with Maks. But the more Maks talks, the more I believe they aren't together and aren't planning to be. He keeps saying, "I love her...BUT". They have apparently spent two days together since DWTS ended and that was because Meryl was in NYC on business. We'll see, but Maks said getting involved on DWTS is like a "summer romance" and that's probably all that it's going to be.

That's my feeling with it too. I think you are right, with the timeline and with trying to put a label on what Meryl and Maks are.:)

jcoates

Medalist
It looks like Cyrillic. However, after plugging it into Google translate, I got no valid result (although it tried to translate it treated it as if it were Ukranian). After looking more closely at it, i realized it's actually english using a font that looks like Cyrillic.

It says:

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not path and leave a trail. - Emerson.

buttermilk

On the Ice
OK, Meryl just posted this on Twitter. I think it is Russian for "I love you, Maks."
It's actually English for, "I'm sending you secret messages via instagram, crazy fans. Buy Puffs!"

jcoates

Medalist
If you click the instagram link, it appears tie into her previous tweet about being on a hike today with her brother.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It looks like Cyrillic. However, after plugging it into Google translate, I got no valid result (although it tried to translate it treated it as if it were Ukranian). After looking more closely at it, i realized it's actually english using a font that looks like Cyrillic.

It says:

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not path and leave a trail. - Emerson.

It is fake Cyrillic for: "This tweet is for Mathman, everyone's favorite jokester on GS. MM, please feel free to have a little fun with it in the D/W on DWTS thread. Charlie and I can't believe that it is 204 pages long and still going strong. :eek:"
;)

It is fake Cyrillic for: "This tweet is for Mathman, everyone's favorite jokester on GS. MM, please feel free to have a little fun with it in the D/W on DWTS thread. Charlie and I can't believe that it is 204 pages long and still going strong. :eek:"
;)

"I JЦST ШДИT TФ SКДTЗ ДЙD HДVЭ FЦИ" - MICHЗLLЭ КЩДЙ :)

http://www.theworldofstuff.com/other/cyrillic.html

:rofl: I haven't looked at this thread in a long time, but I'm glad I did!!! Ahahaha, killing me per usual