2023-2024 Georgian figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-2024 Georgian figure skating

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you have any information on Georgian Nationals - entries, results, where they were held?

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Do you have any information on Georgian Nationals - entries, results, where they were held?
They pick the national team based on results in the season, from what I understand

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
This year they held Georgian Nationals for the first time, because they finally have a suitable ice-rink. As far as the results are concerned, there was nothing to bet in. The only exception is in ice-dance, it looks like Davis Smolkin didn't compete, so Kazakova Revia are the champions.
I found the information here https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/blogs/3211618.html
Original information is available on Facebook and Instagram of Georgian Figure Skating federation.

Andrea82

Medalist
This year they held Georgian Nationals for the first time, because they finally have a suitable ice-rink. As far as the results are concerned, there was nothing to bet in. The only exception is in ice-dance, it looks like Davis Smolkin didn't compete, so Kazakova Revia are the champions.
I found the information here https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/blogs/3211618.html
Original information is available on Facebook and Instagram of Georgian Figure Skating federation.
Kazakova/Reviya are skipping Europeans (where Georgia have 2 spots) because of supposed back problems for him....and they did Nationals?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Team Georgia at the Europeans this week.

I think M/B have a great chance of gold, theyā€™ve looked very impressive on the Junior circuit. It wonā€™t be easy but they can do it. I really want Gubanova to do well but the judges have been tough on her this year, I hope she medals šŸ€šŸ€

Dissapointing that K/R are out with injury, hopefully they recover. Iā€™m sure D/S will get 2 spots. Irina Rodnina had interesting thoughts on them.

Skating91

Medalist
Bravo. Two clean programs with no interruptions. She skated to her maximum, under the greatest pressure knowing that she is often punished very severely for errors compared to her peers (going by her previous scores where she has made errors :shrug:).

I think she was clean in both program at 2023 Euros as well, so well done. These were her two opportunities to medal in a major competition, may not ever get it again, and she performed to her maximum each time.

I loved the fist pump after the final jump.

I almost think this silver is more of an achievement given what she has been up against all season. She's not just fighting herself and the other girls on the ice when she skates if you understand.

Weathergal

Medalist
Team Georgia did great on Eu! I am happy for both silvers and Egadze's showing. I sorely missed K/R. They always have interesting programs.
I miss Kazikova / Reviya as well. I think injuries derailed them a bit , but then they seemed to be coming back some this year, only to get injured again. Does anyone know what the injury is?

Also is this a "safe space" LOL to admit I actually like Metelkina ) Berulava's SP? šŸ˜€

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Also is this a "safe space" LOL to admit I actually like Metelkina ) Berulava's SP? šŸ˜€
I've seen their FS getting some bashing in the competition threads too, so I'll join you in admitting that it's one of my favourite pairs programs this season :laugh: I think it's really cleverly choreographed (although I think the junior version is slightly better than the senior length version).

Skating91

Medalist
I've seen their FS getting some bashing in the competition threads too, so I'll join you in admitting that it's one of my favourite pairs programs this season :laugh: I think it's really cleverly choreographed (although I think the junior version is slightly better than the senior length version).

They are brilliant a nice surprise this season. The default reaction of many people is to unfortunately be negative about Georgian skaters. The Georgian fed has been very clever.