Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 292 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

makaihime

Final Flight
Welcome pooh91~ :rock:

Senior B's are usually announced by the federation or skaters themselves. Or when the host puts up the entry list which is usually a month before the competition.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Actually Richard Dornbush is really good and is going to CoC, he has been in podium twice with Yuzuru in Finland Trophy.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Honestly, I don't see any skater that could pose a serious challenge for Yuzuru, except Kovtun or Han Yan, as you said - but only if he bombs. He has a considerable cushion as OGM and WGM. Unlike last season when he had to compete with Patrick at both his events, he should have no problem making GPF.

Those two and Kevin are the only possible wild cards imo, but only if they make a miracle happen and skate clean while Yuzuru does not. I am so very glad that Patrick is out this season...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Didn't he have a bad showing last season?

He, same as Yuzuru, seem to have a problema skating two clean programs, and he only has a quad. But he is very good with "acting" programs, and drawing the audience into his programs.

In USA national he was ahead of Jason Brown in the SP, I like his style better than Jasons.

SP from last year national: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMDghOETe8 and I adore his Sherlock Holmes program from 2011 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arqtRv37n9M

pooh91

Rinkside
It's okay, a lot of us got into FS around the Olympics, so you're not alone! Don't hesitate to ask questions. The more skating you watch, the easier it is to identify jumps ;)

Most likely, he'll do Finlandia at the beginning of October, sufficiently earlier than CoC. I think we'll find out as we get closer to the event and we find out the entries for Finlandia.

Honestly, I don't see any skater that could pose a serious challenge for Yuzuru, except Kovtun or Han Yan, as you said - but only if he bombs. He has a considerable cushion as OGM and WGM. Unlike last season when he had to compete with Patrick at both his events, he should have no problem making GPF.

Yeah, I think its a shame I only got into figure skating so late but it's not really popular in my country. Okay once I don't know I'll ask you guys here. Yeah I already noticed that it got better with the jumps but most of the time I still get it wrong even though I watched a video explaining the entrance to the jumps (edge or toe jumps) but it's so hard to keep up because its over so fast or the angle doesn't show it clearly. At least I can tell how many rotations were done and know when it's UR.

Well I guessed it with Finlandia already since he's been there twice. It can give him a confidence boost since he had good experiences there and he's already familiar. It would definitely do him good to try out his new programs before the real competitions begin.

I also think there's not much competition but maybe the ISU doesn't want to have a dominating skater like PChan again and starts pushing younger skaters PCS. But Yuzu normally has a huge advantage with his TES (though we don't know the other programs yet) and like you said as Olympic and World champion he's already solidified his position and get high and stable PCS. And I get the feeling he'll be more consistent this season.
I actually started wondering how they will judge in the new season now that the Olympics are over. Someone mentioned that we probably won't see new world records for a while. Does that mean the PCS will be lowered? They've been ridioulously high the past season (for almost all skaters).
Well I have no doubt that he will reach GPF. But I'll be rooting for Javi this time since it his home country and he deserves a big title already

won0066

On the Ice
Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of pages per thread on this forum?? :laugh: We may run into it soon based on how fast this thread is progressing. I looked at all of the other threads and they dont even come close to the length of this thread. :thumbsup:

pooh91

Rinkside
ah, don't worry about it, same with me, I talk nonsense all the time and they still let me play with them ;) (or at least they haven't thrown me out yet)

I've seen some of your post and loved them so keep it up!!! And you're actually also from Germany like me :clap: It's so hard to find someone interested in fs here sadly (well except surprisingly my father which I didn't know for years so I was surprised when we watched the Worlds together but he's mostly into pairs and ice dancing)

Welcome pooh91~ :rock:

Senior B's are usually announced by the federation or skaters themselves. Or when the host puts up the entry list which is usually a month before the competition.

Thank you for the warm welcome...Ok I see. So I guess we won't from it for a while.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of pages per thread on this forum?? :laugh: We may run into it soon based on how fast this thread is progressing. I looked at all of the other threads and they dont even come close to the length of this thread. :thumbsup:

I noticed that some of the games threads in Cafe were closed and they had to open new ones. Yuzuru Hanyu pt.2 ...the saga must go on!! :yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Question: in the reports from the DoI show. Did Yuzuru landed his combination jumps?
They said he landed all the jumps alright. He also said the program is not yet completed, so there might be some chances to the choreography.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
They said he landed all the jumps alright. He also said the program is not yet completed, so there might be some chances to the choreography.

Thank you. Just that he looked a little dissapointed to me at the end of his program. (At least to me)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20e550_140628-〇ぽると_sport

Edit.

This are the shows that still in Yuzuru´s scheduale:
June 28~29 Dreams on Ice
July 5~6 Fantasy on Ice Toyama
July 12~13 Fantasy on Ice Niigata
July 18~21 Prince Ice World: Tokyo

Do you think there is any chance he will take a short vacation after they are over? Or will he go stray to Canada?

pooh91

Rinkside
Yeah!! The backstage story of Yuzu & Nanami & the singer (his friend - I forgot his name..) charity collaboration.;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20ep8n_羽生結弦-ウィークエンド東北-yuzuru-hanyu_sport

Big big bonus: you can hear him singing at -4:54!!!!

By the way, did he ask his friend to compose a song for confession for him (at -3:52)?

OMG I also immediately noticed his singing (hope someday we'll get to hear him clearly^^)...His friends name is Sashida Fumiya but Yuzu calls him Sashi:laugh:

They seem to be a bit out of it because both of them aren't used to be up so early :) (At least that's what I think I heard - but I only learned Japanese from watching animes a few years ago so :slink: ...please correct me if I got that wrong) ...I also heard Yuzu say kokuhaku uta so maybe you're right? Sorry I'm not much of a help

Pamigena

Record Breaker
And you're actually also from Germany like me
yay, newbie backup from home :biggrin:

Yeah!! The backstage story of Yuzu & Nanami & the singer (his friend - I forgot his name..) charity collaboration.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20ep8n_羽生結弦-ウィークエンド東北-yuzuru-hanyu_sport
I still think it's a little insane that I enjoy watching that stuff without understanding a word :laugh:
(oh well, brain's broken anyway, I'm getting used to it)
thanks for posting :)

OMG Yuzuru can still do the splits????
that thing he does around 5:30 counts as a split? :scratch: or did I miss something

very random side note: whatever happened to Sashida's hair? :slink: