2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
From fsuniverse:

Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski
SP: selected songs from Memoirs of a Geisha
LP: Clair de Lune

I can't wait to see those. Both are favorite of mine.

According to the icenetwork website:

Naomi Nari Nam & Themistocles Leftheris:love:
SP Music: "Bombay Awakes" by A.R. Rahman
FS Music: "Samson and Delilah" by Saint-Saens

Seems like both have a middle eastern theme... they looks the parts, but I feel like Samson and Delilah is overused. in fact.... haven't they already done it??

Patrick Chan:
SP: "Roxanne" by the Police (Lori Nichol)
LP: "Cello Sonata" by Rachmaninoff (Lori Nichol)

I can't wait to see what he will do with "Roxanne". :)

Well there is a video of him doing the Roxanne SP at Liberty. Not very interesting. of course he is a beautiful skater to watch but the music doesn't seem very interesting and does not seem to accentuate his style.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Patrick Chan:
SP: "Roxanne" by the Police (Lori Nichol)
LP: "Cello Sonata" by Rachmaninoff (Lori Nichol)

I can't wait to see what he will do with "Roxanne". :)

I saw him do it at Liberty and it sounded like Vanessae Maes version of Roxanne which i really like.

goldenskates

Rinkside
I wonder how Emily is going to take on Gone with the wind. I really hope that she can pull it off.

Depending on whether or not she has worked really hard to get all her jumps back and fully rotating them, I'm not sure how she'll do with the new US ladies.

I would really love for her to some how look lighter on the ice. Joannie Rochette isn't thin like Mao for example, but Rochette's jumps are very light. Both Joannie and Emily are very muscular. For Emily, I think what her problem is is that she doesn't rotation as fast as others, even though she gets a lot of hight in her jumps.

lmarie086

Medalist
Taken from icenetwork (I'll edit with link to the article)

Johnny Weir
SP: "On the Wings of Time" by Saint-Preux
LP: music from French-Canadian musical "Notre Dame de Paris"
and I'm assuming that choreography is done by Nina Petrenko because I read that somewhere here on the board before.

I would really love for her to some how look lighter on the ice. Joannie Rochette isn't thin like Mao for example, but Rochette's jumps are very light. Both Joannie and Emily are very muscular. For Emily, I think what her problem is is that she doesn't rotation as fast as others, even though she gets a lot of hight in her jumps.
While I like Emily very much, she unfortunately, telegraphs her jumps.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Taken from icenetwork (I'll edit with link to the article)

Johnny Weir
SP: "On the Wings of Time" by Saint-Preux
LP: music from French-Canadian musical "Notre Dame de Paris"
and I'm assuming that choreography is done by Nina Petrenko because I read that somewhere here on the board before.

2 more unknown pieces for Johnny. I hope they are better than last year. Last year's SP music especially was rather boring... no passion or really any interest of any kind... just a pretty piano piece.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder how Emily is going to take on Gone with the wind. I really hope that she can pull it off.

Depending on whether or not she has worked really hard to get all her jumps back and fully rotating them, I'm not sure how she'll do with the new US ladies.

Emily's problem is that she tries to muscle her jumps, but too often underrotates them. And I don't find Rochette jumps 'light' at all---she appears to be muscling them also, only she gets them all the way around.

lmarie086

Medalist
I'm actually watching the musical on youtube right now and it is beautiful. There's plenty to choose from to make a long program. I really like it. And if you want, I can send you a link.
Although Johnny didn't choose the most exciting music last year, I more appreciated that it wasn't overused. It pleases me that he's done the same this year.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Emily's problem is that she tries to muscle her jumps, but too often underrotates them. And I don't find Rochette jumps 'light' at all---she appears to be muscling them also, only she gets them all the way around.

I think i would agree with you about Rochette on her toe jumps but her edge jumps, to me, always appear very light - particularly the salchow and loop jump seem totally effortless for the amount of pop she gets from the jump.

Ant

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

discoduck

On the Ice
Both Elena Sokolova and Andrei Griazev have skated to music from the show "Notre Dame de Paris" before. I also believe that Tiffany Steigler and Sergei M (sorry I can't spell his last name) used it in the 05-06 season. I think Johnny will do well with it. :)

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
Savchenko/Szolkowy FS

Hey,
I've read that Aljona and Robin apply the soundtrack to "Schindlers List" and "Adagio" by Albinoni in their new free program for the coming season.
I'm a bit surprised because in the last seasons they published the music choice for the free with their first competition.
So, does anyone know if the statement is true?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
yes, they have officially announced it a few weeks ago. You can find more info on the 2008-2009 programs thread.

McWicked

On the Ice
SP Music: "Un Ange"
FS Music: Vivaldi's "Concerto Grosso No. 11 in D minor" performed by the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra and Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni's "Adagio in G minor" performed by the Eroica Trio Orchestra

Kimmie's music.