Dance - Free | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

casken

On the Ice
Kerrs - Tracey says it's about surviving a "Natural disaster" not a terroist attack... but she's been wrong before.

Smooth and fluid at start
Clunky circular footwork
Better on the straightline
Something that I think was supposed to be a twizzle sequence.
Sloppy exit on rotational lift
Last minute of the program is just them skating back and forth doing lifts.

Casual fans will love that. I'm unimpressed.

I have a soft spot for Platov, but I can see why Gritchuk controlled the creative aspects of G&P.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Ugh, it's 12:17 am here with 8 skaters left, including an ice resurfacing and the medal ceremony. At this rate I'll be in bed by 2.

Haha tell me about it. I'm sitting in bed with my laptop in my lap, but I'm dreading having to get up because no way my battery will last another hour and a half.

beep_beep

Medalist
Actually knowing the strory behind it, made me appreciate the program more.
I thought they were a little bit rushed on the end, but I still loved it !

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Those are some scary looking costumes there. And they relate to the Moonlight Sonata how? :p Oh well. A costume does not a program make.

casken

On the Ice
F&S

New spin and Combo lift.
Fluid and musical on the circular step. Nice detail.
Nice transition into the lift
Slight free foot touch down on twizzle by her
Great flow on SL steps
Good lift

Now that's a fully choreographed and realized FD, but they've performed it better in the past.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Faella's costume is really bizarre. Have we ever got an explanation?

Scali is supposed to be the mime Pierrot. (if you google pierrot, you wiill probably find the traditional picture of the clown of which Scali's costume is designed of) He is a sad clown/mime who is despirately in love with the moon, an unattainable goal. Faiella is his loved one who does not love him back.