Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Well, the program I saw from Del/Sho had character, expression, soft knees, connection with each other and the audience, and a real flavour for CanCan. When you compare the programs, I have a hard time believing that the mess from Dom/Shab had anything at all to do with real Australian aboriginal dancing. It was really hard to watch, and had no connection with the audience at all. Note the silence in the rink while they skated. There was a ton of 2 foot skating out of DomShab, and simply holding hands, as noted by Victor Kraatz on Sportsnet. If Del/Sho were judged appropriately, than Dom/Shab should be below them. I can't believe the program hasn't been disqualified for being offensive, or at least severly downgraded on the second mark, including for over the top, garish costumes. And we wonder why people don't take the SPORT of ice dance seriously?

Alatariel

On the Ice
Agree w/you as well Alatariel. Let's see what the other top teams get. If Dom/Sha are still in 1st, or even in the top 3, something is wrong. I absolutely hated them, but what do I know? But, Tracy W. usually calls it like it is and if she said several of their moves were easy and undeserving of top scores, that's good enough for me.

Cousins wasn't critical of the technical aspect; he was critical of the dance calling it their interpretation of it, pretty much like they didn't understand what they were doing and saying a different dance would have been much better - I totally agree. I think they'll probably be third, I doubt they'll drop the Russians from the podium after the whole mess with men's but let's see the others first. If they are clean, then they should pop ahead!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
With 5 to go....
1) DomShabs 106.60
2) Rica & Massi 100.06
3) Isa & Oli 96.67
4) Kerrs-squared 93.78
5) Flexy & Trippy (aka K/N) 92.75

I love when you give the teams nicknames that aren't just a meshing of their first/last names. Flexy and Trippy, lol.

So who's left: Marlie, Belgosto, Virtue/Moir, Zaretskis, and who else? Pechalat/Bourzat?

herios

Medalist
Does anyone else think that Crone and Poirier have been a bit undermarked at this event? I think they skated much better than several of the teams ahead of them in the standings.

They have been skating very smoothly, and Paul especially has great long edges. Several of the other teams ahead of them seemed very sloppy and error-filled to me.

Completely. In fact they were underscored in the CD as well. Technically they are around 7-8 in the world. The judges are pushing them down rather badly.

Kinga

Medalist
D/W kept their old costumes.
Tessa in red skirt. I liked the black one better, it had more 'power', at least this is how I feel for now. We shall see after the dance

Alatariel

On the Ice
Well, the program I saw from Del/Sho had character, expression, soft knees, connection with each other and the audience, and a real flavour for CanCan. When you compare the programs, I have a hard time believing that the mess from Dom/Shab had anything at all to do with real Australian aboriginal dancing. It was really hard to watch, and had no connection with the audience at all. Note the silence in the rink while they skated. There was a ton of 2 foot skating out of DomShab, and simply holding hands, as noted by Victor Kraatz on Sportsnet. If Del/Sho were judged appropriately, than Dom/Shab should be below them. I can't believe the program hasn't been disqualified for being offensive, or at least severly downgraded on the second mark, including for over the top, garish costumes. And we wonder why people don't take the SPORT of ice dance seriously?

The Del/Shoe were no where near their past programs. I have two feeds on, both agreed they were not good at all ... same reasons already listed to you really. Their score was fine.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yeah or as I like to call them: Nat & Fab

Are they the team that does/did a reverse lift (her lifting him) in a program before?

And yay, Marlie time! I love this music. And a few of my friends I'm converting to figure skating lovers do too.

Great twizzles. Always love theirs.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
But the mens event was totally fair judged? What to pay back for?

Exactly. Plushenko was not at his best. He keeps going on about his jumps, but they were crooked in the air and wobbly. If he had had better jumps, maybe there would be something to talk about.