MENS LP and the Results | Page 28 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
. I'm not trying to diss his hardcore fans. .

The good thing is his hardcore fan base is shrinking everyday. The more he's being held up by judges, the harder he'll fall in the end. Rats will jump ship in the end. He'll be abandoned in no time in the end.

wallylutz

Medalist
does anyone else think that if Johnny had his Olympic Programs here, he could have medaled, and possibly silver?

No, not even close but at least we won't have to hear him constantly whining, trashing others and be really mean yet try to fake as a nice guy on Universal TV. Be diplomatic doesn't seem to be part of his vocaburary. And even though he smiles when he speaks, his feelings escape him like a scorpion in a beautiful human body. He obviously has this grudge against Patrick Chan, it's written all over him yet he is trying to fake it, what a turn off. And when he was asked about his duty to help US secure 3 spots, he immeidately dulge the bullet by disowning any responsbility. He is clearly not a team player because no one else on the team would have said what he said.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm not a hater of Patrick at all. He just seemed extremely off today to me. I found it to be a very disjointed performance. I'm not trying to diss his hardcore fans. It's just that I DO think he has the ability to be far better than he was today. I don't think he's a cheater, the marks aren't his fault. I do worry that he will become complacent and not fix his flaws if he gets the marks he got today for future highly flawed programs.

I agree, I don't hate Chan, I think he's a great skater, but when he makes mistakes like that and continues to get really good scores it's just annoying. The same goes for Jeremy, he mosdef did not deserve 150 for his LP in Vancouver and even tonight he was off. I just feel it must be really frustrating for skaters like Brezina who skate a clean program and are still significantly behind an out-of-his element Chan with a few very noticable mistakes. And KVDP doing a 4-3-3 and placing behind tentative Jeremy with 2 falls, please. I know he is not artistic but if he can do a combo like that so well he deserves to be higher than 8th, it's almost like a slap in the face for him, oh you'll never be good enough to be on the World Podium even though you're the best jumper here.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Can we ban him? Better yet, just press ignore! That person will get the point.

Let's just celebrate Daisuke's win and forget about the Chiddy bashing for one night! While I'm not happy that Patrick finished higher than Michal (and even Brian), I wouldn't go too far by calling him a cancer.

Anyway, who wants some sake?!!! :biggrin:

Ren

On the Ice
Can we ban him? Better yet, just press ignore! That person will get the point.

Let's just celebrate Daisuke's win and forget about the Chiddy bashing for one night! While I'm not happy that Patrick finished higher than Michal (and even Brian), I wouldn't go too far by calling him a cancer.

Anyway, who wants some sake?!!! :biggrin:

Me! Kampai! Omedetou, Takahashi Daisuke-san!

gru

Rinkside
So, everybody agrees with the winner? It's rather unusual :)

btw Swede regains second spot, (and lost it for Europeans) Does Kristoffer Berntsson still skate?

DriedgerC2

Spectator
Cloudkicker you don't have to hate. The only reason why you think Chan is overscored is because you hate his ego. Let it go. He did better than Joubert. If it's all about the quad, Kevin Reynolds would be on the podium.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Chancy Bets is a great nickname. It's weird about Chan--he hardly seems like he's be that polarizing a character, but he surely is. I guess it's the nature of figure skating and its fans.

Congrats to the seemingly non-polarizing Dice-K. Well done!

figuristka

Medalist
I think if anyone does not agree with the results then check the judges details and try to understand why its that way, and where the skates pick up their extra points. Don't bash a skater as you do not like the judging.

Yes, Sake, we don't need any Chan bashers spoiling the celebration of Dai's great win.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Ahhh, I had a work meeting and missed the whole thing.. Gotta catch up and read this looong thread...

Top 12 Guys in TES :

1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 81.90
2 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 80.68
3 Patrick CHAN CAN 78.02
4 Michal BREZINA CZE 77.21
5 Adam RIPPON USA 77.16
6 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 77.15
7 Adrian SCHULTHEIS SWE 76.61
8 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 75.31
9 Brian JOUBERT FRA 73.84
10 Kevin VDP BEL 72.98
11 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 70.96
12 Alexandr KAZAKOV BLR 66.23

Soo happy for Daisuke, finally a japanese male world champion!! Great for the canadian rookie in second. Brezina will be the star of the next quadrrenial apparently.

Top 12 Guys in PCS :

1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 86.50
2 Patrick CHAN CAN 82.40
3 Brian JOUBERT FRA 81.20
4 Michal BREZINA CZE 77.10
5 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 75.90
6 Adam RIPPON USA 74.20
7 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 73.70
8 Kevin VDP BEL 71.90
9 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 70.30
10 Adrian SCHULTHEIS SWE 69.30
11 Sergei VORONOV RUS 69.10
12 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 68.70

Javi is getting recognition yipee! He's secured for 2 GP assingments next year. And Adrian made the top 10 !! Im overall very happy with the resuls, cant wait to see the performances.

I agree, I don't hate Chan, I think he's a great skater, but when he makes mistakes like that and continues to get really good scores it's just annoying. The same goes for Jeremy, he mosdef did not deserve 150 for his LP in Vancouver and even tonight he was off. I just feel it must be really frustrating for skaters like Brezina who skate a clean program and are still significantly behind an out-of-his element Chan with a few very noticable mistakes. And KVDP doing a 4-3-3 and placing behind tentative Jeremy with 2 falls, please. I know he is not artistic but if he can do a combo like that so well he deserves to be higher than 8th, it's almost like a slap in the face for him, oh you'll never be good enough to be on the World Podium even though you're the best jumper here.
Very good points to bring up. A lot of scoring was based on reputation. I think judges are frightened by the corridor.

ARipp42014

Medalist
So, everybody agrees with the winner? It's rather unusual :)

btw Swede regains second spot, (and lost it for Europeans) Does Kristoffer Berntsson still skate?

So far we're 2 for 2 on agreeing on the winner (Pang & Tong made everyone happy). I'm sure people would be happy to see Voir or Merlie win tomorrow in the FD but it's the ladies we'll have debates.

BigJohn

On the Ice

Again, the sport is not figure jumping.

GOD... What's wrong with people?