2010-2011 Programs by Discipline | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

Akiko's program looks great . She just oozes confidence. I'm looking forward to seeing it with a bit more mileage on it. But of this batch of peeks , it's Dai's that has me most excited...and it's just his exhibition..yum. I hope he has another knockout season.:biggrin:

I like Rippon's choices and I don't think he has to tell the story in his SP. In fact , I hope he doesn't attempt it. I think that's where many skaters go wrong..by thinking the program has to be a narrative of the story. I like it better when they're just trying to evoke the emotions of the character (at any moment in the story ) or simply interpreting the music in an abstract way.

shine

Record Breaker

Akiko's program is going to be a classic. Simply gorgeous. I am so excited for her new season. The girl just gets better every season. She is one of the very few skaters who make me emotional nearly every time I watch them skate. She feels every note of her music and the way she holds her upper body and uses her arms and hands in that program is just beautiful.

Last edited:

I love Lambiel's program for Daisuke. Stephane + Dai = a wonderful combination.

It makes me a little sad though because there is something a little Johnny about that program and Johnny's recent programs have not been that emotional and inventive. Johnny, please go to Stephane, now!

ETA: I guess I"m mixing apples and oranges since this is an ex (and Johnny did have the great Gaga program recently) but still, Stephane seems to be a gifted choreographer and if Johnny does keep competing he could use some of Stephane's magic.

Last edited:

cornell08

Final Flight

Christina Gao

SP: "Violin Concert in E Minor" by Mendelssohn
LP: "Yellow River Concerto"

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Christina Gao

Wasn't someone hoping she would bring this back? I guess you got your wish :)!

And she's using Miki Ando's world title winning LP music for her SP :thumbsup:! Hopefully it will bring just as much for Christina

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Christina Gao

She will have big shoes to fill skating to Sasha's senior debut music.And who was it who said that every young Asian girl skate to the Yellow River?

Sylvia

Record Breaker

Looks like the "2011 Season Notes" for the U.S. team envelope skaters have begun to be updated (in their bios on Icenetwork) with the new season's program music info! :clap:

Stephen Carriere (Skate America):
SP Music: "Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag" by Danny Elfman
FS Music: Selections from West Side Story performed by Joshua Bell and the Philharmonia Orchestra
Choreographer: Irina Romanova

Grant Hochstein (Senior B-eligible, GP alternate):
SP Music: Jules Massenet's "Suite No. 3" and "Herodiade" performed by the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
FS Music: Music from Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian
Choreographer: Jodie Tasich

Christina Gao (JGP):
SP Music: "Concerto in E Minor" by Felix Mendelssohn
FS Music: "Yellow River Concerto" by Various Artists
Choreographer: David Wilson

Kiri Baga (JGP):
SP Music: "Dance Macabre" by Camille Saint-Saens (last year's)
FS Music: "La Strada" by Nino Rota
Choreographers: Kelly Benzinger Grelle, Sebastien Britten

Nina Jiang (JGP-eligible):
SP Music: "Scheherazade" by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
FS Music: "Ladies in Lavender" by Nigel Hess (last year's music)Choreographer: Shanyn Vallon

Ashley Cain (JGP-eligible):
SP Music: "Love in Venice" by Edvin Marton
FS Music: "Music of the Night" from The Phantom of the Opera performed by Andre Rieu
Choreographer: Evgeni Nemirovskii

Leah Keiser (2010 novice champion who's too young for the JGP this season):
SP Music: "Asturias" by Isaac Albeniz
FS Music: Music from the Alexander soundtrack
Choreographers: Cindy Stuart, Karen Kwan

Katarina Kulgeyko (JGP-eligible):
SP Music: Tango selections
FS Music: Music from the soundtrack of The Nightmare Before Christmas by Danny Elfman
Choreographer: Alla Kapranova
(BTW, her new coach is listed as Tammy Gambill.)

OK, that's all that's been published so far.

USFS/Icenetwork bios updated on 7/1/10:

Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello (will make GP debut in China)
OD: "Piano Man" by Billy Joel
FD: Music from West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein
Choreographer: Sasha Kirsanov

Armin Mahbanoozadeh (Senior B-eligible/GP alternate):
SP Music: "Mario Takes a Walk" and "Prelude" by Jesse Cook
FS Music: Music from the Avatar soundtrack by James Horner

Richard Dornbush (JGP- or Senior B-eligible/GP alternate):
SP Music: "Elena" by Brian Setzer, performed by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
FS Music: Music from Sherlock Holmes by Hans Zimmer
Choreographer: Cindy Stuart

Jason Brown (JGP-eligible):
SP Music: "Baliwood" by King City
FS Music: "Nessun Dorma" from Puccini's Turandot performed by Vanessa-Mae
Chorographer: Rohene Ward

Alex Zahradnicek (JGP-eligible):
SP Music: Astor Piazzolla's "Libertango" performed by the London Philharmonic
FS Music: Music from Puccini's Tosca performed by Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields

Emmanuel Savary (JGP-eligible in 2011-12):
SP Music: Jackson 5 medley
FS Music: Circus medley
Choreographer: Tom Dickson

Timothy Dolensky (JGP-eligible):
SP Music: "The Feeling Begins" by Peter Gabriel from "Passion: Music for the Last Temptation of Christ"
FS Music: Phantom of the Opera medley
Choreographers: Debbie Prachar, Brittney Bottoms

Last edited:

breeze

Rinkside

Can't believe it's already time for music selections! I didn't visit GS for a while since I was busy following the world cup soccer matches..:biggrin:
Thank you all for listing the programs.

Personally I'm most excited about Christina Gao's music. I love both pieces (Mendelssohn's violin concerto and Yellow River concerto) and think they will suit her very well.

I also like that Lepisto's keeping her long program, I really wanted to see her do a clean performance of it. Same decision from Chan, not so much.

And I am happy that Mao has picked something we know will work for her. Tango & Liebestraum will both make great programs. I posted that I'd like her to skate to Chopin's Etude As-Dur (Op 25, N.1) in another thread, "Pick the music you want your favorite skaters to skate to in the coming season!", but Liebestraum is also fine.

I kinda wanted her to keep trying original music in exhibitions, though. I actually named Chopin's Ballde No.1(Mao's new gala) for Yuna's LP in that thread. So I got curious about how Mao's doing with it, and found this on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQcoBwhADUg
It's very different from what I have imagined about a skating program with this music, (probably because I automatically think of Kameliendame when I listen to it) but she made a lovely program out of it. I also love that she's wearing a graceful, chokerless dress. :)

Last edited:

DaveT

On the Ice

Grant's SP music is music used for Dream of Desdemona. Wonder if it will be similar parts. He also chose music Michelle has skated to (and lots of other people) for his long but the SP music is a bit more obscure.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight

Agnes Zawadzki's new SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rkjdRcOpvI

Is it just me or do all Tom Z. skaters have at least one mambo/samba program? Anyway, this youtube account also added a couple of videos of other skaters from the Broadmoor competition (including one girl with a 3Z+3T).

Last edited:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice

Agnes Zawadzki's new SP:

Is it just me or do all Tom Z. skaters have at least one mambo/samba program? Anyway, this youtube account also added a couple of videos of other skaters from the Broadmoor competition (including one girl with a 3Z+3T).

Its early in the season, but I don´t like that! Its really boring and not intresting. Really pity, because I think that Agnes is a really talented girl, who can do much better programms.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Agnes Zawadzki's new SP:

Wow, nice job! I personally don't love that program for her, but her jumps were spot on. She looks like she's gotten even taller though!

I watched the other vids from BMO as well, Angela Wang is looking really good and Polina Edmunds is absolutely beautiful and very promising for only 12 years old, a lot of potential in that girl for sure. Gracie Gold also has some impressive jumps, though I find her skating a bit too stiff, though that may just be because it's the beginning of the season.

camion

On the Ice

Agnes Zawadzki's new SP:

Haha! I've never noticed that. Are you talking about just present skaters because I don't remember Rachael ever doing that kind of piece? Thanks for the link, btw. The program is still rough around the edges, but if she adds more sass it'll look to be a playful program. I agree with silverlake22- she's grown quite a bit!

R.D.

Record Breaker

Thanks for posting...but couldn't make it through the whole thing.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight

Haha! I've never noticed that. Are you talking about just present skaters because I don't remember Rachael ever doing that kind of piece.

I think Rachael's the only one. Gilles, Bradley, and Mroz have all had at least one samba-esque program over the past few seasons, I actually think Bradley's had two.

camion

On the Ice

Oh yeah, who could forget Ryan's routine?! Only he could have made that outfit work. lol

Btw, has he said anything about continuing to be a competitive skater?