2010-2011 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

sillylionlove

Medalist
Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

is anyone else excited to see that Rohene Ward is doing choreo?????

breeze

Rinkside

is anyone else excited to see that Rohene Ward is doing choreo?????

Me!
I think he would also make a great spin coach. His layback always takes my breath away. :love:

HCOSurfer, I missed that at first too. I went back to the first page to check that he's doing choreo for Jason Brown. (I don't know much about this skater, though.)

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice

From FSU: Patrick Chan's new SP is Take five, choreographed by Lori Nichol.

sillylionlove

Medalist

Me!
I think he would also make a great spin coach. His layback always takes my breath away. :love:

HCOSurfer, I missed that at first too. I went back to the first page to check that he's doing choreo for Jason Brown. (I don't know much about this skater, though.)

He is the 2010 US Junior Champion.

mskater93

Record Breaker

He is the 2010 US Junior Champion.

I've been watching this kid since his prejuvie days. He really has great presence on ice and has since those days. No matter how many skaters are on the ice during the 6 minute warm up, he draws your attention. Good for Rohene, Jason's a lovely skater and will do whatever Rohene puts together justice. :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

I love Lambiel's program for Daisuke. Stephane + Dai = a wonderful combination.

As long as it's better than the programs Lambiel skated last season. Ick.

But Lambiel and Daisuke are the most talented skaters of the past 4 years. I hope their brains put together will create something masterful.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker

There are still quite a few skaters we haven't heard from yet. I think all the skaters at Champs Camp have to show off their routines for the USFSA observers.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

From FSU: Patrick Chan's new SP is Take five, choreographed by Lori Nichol.

Not sure about this. It will be a nice program, but Nori's music choices for her skaters are getting very boring. Patrick is capable of doing something equally as good with a lesser known jazz piece.

But Lambiel and Daisuke are the most talented skaters of the past 4 years. I hope their brains put together will create something masterful.

I think I'll vote with you, Blades, especially about Daisuke. I'd love to see something they cook up.

Sylvia

Record Breaker

Rohene Ward has been working with Jason Brown for a couple of years now (in addition to Brown's primary coach, Kori Ade) and I know he collaborated on Brown's Junior programs (his jazzy SP to "The Mask" and lyrical "Pas de Deux" FS) last season, too. :)

ETA: IMO, Jason incorporates quite a few "Rohene-esque" moves in his skating.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker

Rohene Ward has been working with Jason Brown for a couple of years now (in addition to Brown's primary coach, Kori Ade) and I know he collaborated on Brown's Junior programs (his jazzy SP to "The Mask" and lyrical "Pas de Deux" FS) last season, too. :)
For those interested in Jason Brown's skating, there's a youtube video (The Nutcracker "Pas de Deux" FS) of Jason Brown's junior international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy this past spring -- it's the first link in this post: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...l-1-3-in-Italy&p=497582&viewfull=1#post497582

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

This may be old news but: http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/TKY201006260155.html (Japanese)

In short, he's having a SP choreographed by Lambiel and another SP choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. He says that he'll use whichever SP depending on the event. The article notes how it's rare for a skater to debut 3 new programs in one season.

I know this isn't common, but has this been done before? I know of a number of skater changing programs mid-season (off the top of my head, Miki changing her Requiem EX to an SP), but what past examples are there of skaters deliberately setting off to use 2 of the same type of program (i.e. SP or FS) interchangeably?

Also, I'm assuming that this SP is a separate program from the Amelie EX from DOI. Can someone confirm that the EX program is in fact separate from the above-mentioned Lambiel-choreographed SP? (i.e. Is the Amelie program longer than 2:50? Could it be tweaked to contain the required elements?) I would watch it to confirm these things on my own, but I'm at work...

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice

Kiira Korpi will have new programs made by Shae-Lynn Bourne and David Wilson. I don't know about music but I hope new choreographies will give her some kick to her career! David Wilson has done some real masterpieces, I hope this time too.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States

For those interested in Jason Brown's skating, there's a youtube video (The Nutcracker "Pas de Deux" FS) of Jason Brown's junior international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy this past spring -- it's the first link in this post: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...l-1-3-in-Italy&p=497582&viewfull=1#post497582

Thanks for the link. That was good, I hope he is able to continue to grow as an artist and maintain the jumps. It appears he has the technique ability and understanding of how to express the music.

mot

On the Ice

Also, I'm assuming that this SP is a separate program from the Amelie EX from DOI. Can someone confirm that the EX program is in fact separate from the above-mentioned Lambiel-choreographed SP? (i.e. Is the Amelie program longer than 2:50? Could it be tweaked to contain the required elements?) I would watch it to confirm these things on my own, but I'm at work...

http://www.absoluteskating.com/interviews/2010takahashilambiel.html

Interview with Stephane and Daisuke. Stephane says they finished the SP so quickly that they decided to create a new Ex in thier spare(?) time. He also explains the new SP in the article below, and it doesn't sound like Amelie in the slightest!

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/divers/lambiel-naissance-choregraphe-289482

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

http://www.absoluteskating.com/interviews/2010takahashilambiel.html

Interview with Stephane and Daisuke. Stephane says they finished the SP so quickly that they decided to create a new Ex in thier spare(?) time. He also explains the new SP in the article below, and it doesn't sound like Amelie in the slightest!

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/divers/lambiel-naissance-choregraphe-289482

Thanks for the info. I wonder what (classical?) piece of music is about a forest dweller that meets butterflies and fights a monster?

Also, the pic at the bottom of the Absolute Skating article is so cute it makes me hope that they're a couple. :p

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

There's a rumor that Savchenko & Szolkowy are using Dark Eyes for their SP.