Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
Watching Ghibli is a little bit like watching Yulia's skating for me.
Refreshing, bringing hope, warm and innocent memories from the past. You can't watch those movies without smiling to yourself (or even crying) and thinking: "wow, that's my childhood, I want to go back for a while!". :)
Unfortunately no more new films from the studio... :scowl:
:cry: that's why I'd love to see my baby skate to Ghibli's music one day. She is so innocent, full of hope and freshness. :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
@papa: Thank you so much. :):love:
The link works perfectly and the videos were top quality. :agree:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She may not have the largest jumps but she really does have some of the best landings. Smooth and confident flow that transitions effortlessly back into her programs. Check out this landing position :clap:

https://pp.vk.me/c540109/c540105/v540105490/1b05a/d-ZC5HU-d3U.jpg

I'm very jealous how she can look so beautiful while doing these insanely atheletic things in almost every picture she takes. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty

Alba

Record Breaker
She may not have the largest jumps but she really does have some of the best landings. Smooth and confident flow that transitions effortlessly back into her programs. Check out this landing position :clap:

https://pp.vk.me/c540109/c540105/v540105490/1b05a/d-ZC5HU-d3U.jpg

I'm very jealous how she can look so beautiful while doing these insanely atheletic things in almost every picture she takes. :love:

I personally love her jumps for the same reasons. Yes, they're not big jumps, but there is no hesitation, no stops, no set-up.
Nice position in the air, tight feet, smooth,flow and right into transition. :love:
If she can keep that I don't really care about how big they are.

starlight97

Final Flight
I personally love her jumps for the same reasons. Yes, they're not big jumps, but there is no hesitation, no stops, no set-up.
Nice position in the air, tight feet, smooth,flow and right into transition. :love:
If she can keep that I don't really care about how big they are.

Honest question:
Is the "bigness" of the jumps, so say the height something that influences the GOE?
Cause I remember at the Europeans they said that, in the SP, Adelina had a lot of +2 on the scoring sheets while Yulia had "quiet a few" -1.
I did not check this, but I assume if the commentators say that they'll have informed themselves correctly. And I honestly didn't understand why Adelina got so much higher GOEs there, I thought both of the 2 executed all of ther jumps equally great...
So could that be the explanation for this?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The reason is simple...

Yulia got an edge call on her 3lz-3t at Euros in the SP which was weird because she rarely got an edge call in the SP all season. She also had a slight hitch on her 3f landing which caused a minor deduction. She scores almost all of her positive GOE on her spins. Lets not forget how strong of a jumper Adelina is capable of being. She is one of the strongest jumpers in the field when she is on.

Anyway there are 8 bullets used to award GOE on jumps.
http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013-14 S&P Establishing GOE.pdf

I think some judges unfairly weight certain bullet points heavier. So many posters here too get caught up in height of jumps. To me how it fits into the program and the impact of the jump are more important than height alone.

Alba

Record Breaker
Honest question:
Is the "bigness" of the jumps, so say the height something that influences the GOE?
Cause I remember at the Europeans they said that, in the SP, Adelina had a lot of +2 on the scoring sheets while Yulia had "quiet a few" -1.
I did not check this, but I assume if the commentators say that they'll have informed themselves correctly. And I honestly didn't understand why Adelina got so much higher GOEs there, I thought both of the 2 executed all of ther jumps equally great...
So could that be the explanation for this?

Yes Adelina got more +2 than Yulia in SP. Yulia got more or less the same GoE's in her LP as well.
She got 1 e call fro her Lz in the short, and 2 e calls in her LP both for her Lz.

SP: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
LP: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Yes, I do think the bigness of the jump do influences the GoE.
Fair enough, I'm not against it at all. I like big jumps as well, but as Sam said there are 8 bullets to award GoE's.
So, in the end, it really depends on the judges. Adelina has good jumps, when she is on. Big and not stiff, IMO.

For my personal taste, although I do like big jumps, I really hate long set ups. Not to mention stiff, or even worse shaky landings.
The main reason for which I didn't like Carolina's jumps that much, for example, was because of the looong set-up.
I could see the jump coming and still have time to prepare an espresso before the jump. :biggrin:

starlight97

Final Flight
Thanks for the links Sam and Alba !

I also think the jumps have to fit into the program, very important factor!
I already said this in some thread a while ago:
Yulia's SP is about a girl painting her dreams on the ice and "Not giving up on love". It's (or was) a very soft and lyrical program so her flowing gentle jumps fit it perfectly!
Adelina's SP for example was set to very harsh, commanding music and she potraied the wild and fierce Carmen. So her big, "explosive" jumps suited this program perfectly.

But of course I do agree that height should also be rewarded, in the end it IS difficult to launch your entire body upwards in the air and the higher you go, the more strength is required.
And Alba I also don't like big set-ups UNLESS they go hand in hand with the music and built anticipation!

Meoima

Match Penalty
From Japan Open thread, a poster has just said:
According to unofficial source @meiln9255 on Twitter, Yulia withdrew from JO and Anna P will replace her, but it is not officially announced so let's see.
This season is fulled of withdrawal. Adelina has been reported to be injured as well.

starlight97

Final Flight
From Japan Open thread, a poster has just said:

This season is fulled of withdrawal. Adelina has been reported to be injured as well.

Please make this turn out to be a wrong information.
And if it turns out to be the case: Please tell me she didn't withdraw because of an injury but rather cause her program isn't ready :slink: !

And it would be weird for Pogorilaya to replace her, wasn't she reported to be injured as well :confused: ?
And I know this is Yulia's thread, but do you have any further information about Adelina being injured? I didn't hear anything like this until now

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I would have been more surprised if she did compete at JO. I think the plan all along was to rest up and give her a long break. Hopefully it pays off and she shows up recharged and full of the competitive spirit we have come to know from her.

I don't know why but I love this goofy fan art.
https://pp.vk.me/c619822/v619822410/1845f/DNl9kyX8bW0.jpg

Meoima

Match Penalty
Please make this turn out to be a wrong information.
And if it turns out to be the case: Please tell me she didn't withdraw because of an injury but rather cause her program isn't ready :slink: !
And it would be weird for Pogorilaya to replace her, wasn't she reported to be injured as well :confused: ?
And I know this is Yulia's thread, but do you have any further information about Adelina being injured? I didn't hear anything like this until now
Ah no, there is no information that Yulia is injured. Thank God! I guess she only needs time so her LP can be ready.

It've just known about Adelina from a poster in FSU, here is the link: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/17897.html
It's in Russian so I have to use Google translate.

So apparently we have V/T, Adelina, Yuzuru...all were reported to be injured. Such a new season. :scowl:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ah no, there is no information that Yulia is injured. Thank God! I guess she only needs time so her LP can be ready.

It've just know about Adelina from a poster in FSU, here is the link: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/17897.html
It's in Russian so I have to use Google translate.

So apparently we have V/T, Adelina, Yuzuru...all were reported to be injured. Such a new season. :scowl:

It must be a tactical withdrawal for Adelina. She probably do not want to go to Yoshkar-Ola (it's russian city). AFAIK she was fine a couple of days ago.