Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
After 2 CDs, the top skaters are (results ):

1) Navka & Kostomarov
2) Domnina & Shabalin
3) Kulikova & Novikov

First place is self evident.

Second -- I think this team has some good potential. They train with Gorshkov, who coaches Denkova & Stavijsky.

Third -- I can't wait to see this team. They are TT's project, and it's interesting to see what she is doing with them.

windspirit

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
Third -- I can't wait to see this team. They are TT's project, and it's interesting to see what she is doing with them.
First of all, I loved Kulikova & Markov. :cry: Maybe that's why I think that Kulikova & Novikov are still getting used to each other. In their free dance they have this crazy move where, basically, he is trying to snap her neck, no kidding! :laugh: (he grabs her head and shakes it violently a number of times). I've found a pic. I've seen them do that in practice, over and over again, and I'm amazed she's still alive. ;) To me, the move seems quite useless/doesn't add anything to the program, and silly. They are both full of energy, and they seem to attack (which is Kulikova's natural style, a la Sasha Cohen/Shae-Lynn/etc., but Vitaly's attacking style seems kind of forced) every element, but still, first time that I saw them, I thought that if they skated any slower, they'd stand still. Their skates make a lot of noise on the ice. Their costumes are too flashy for my taste, but hey, it's ice dance, what do I know. ;) One of Vitaly's costumes look somewhat like Abt's for "Armenian Selections", only after it had been attacked by Freddy Kruger.

Btw, Vitaly isn't quite photogenic, IMO, but I must say that he looks quite nice in person and in his "work" clothes. His legs look great in everything. :p