2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

tulosai

Record Breaker
As an American, my reactions are probably more amplified. But I am seriously upset that the Russians seem to be on the verge of losing their 3 spots.

I'm American too but I think the current crop of Russian female skaters are better. I really want to see Sot, Tukt, and Lipt ALL at the Olys... and think all 3 deserve to be there. I love the Americans too but I think the fact that most people admit there are no 2 Americans we could have sent to guarantee 2 spots is telling.

Either way in my dream world both countries get 3 spots. In my real world we will see.

sask8

Rinkside
ice resurfacing next, then Gold...her performance could very well tell us whether the Americans land 3 spots for next year.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam sorry if Russia loses its 3 spots. Enjoyed Popova but without a lutz. Maybe iam thinking she would be a great pair's skater as the top 2 girls are Ukrainian LOL.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I'm American too but I think the current crop of Russian female skaters are better. I really want to see Sot, Tukt, and Lipt ALL at the Olys... and think all 3 deserve to be there. I love the Americans too but I think the fact that most people admit there are no 2 Americans we could have sent to guarantee 2 spots is telling.

Either way in my dream world both countries get 3 spots. In my real world we will see.

I think people were saying prior to this that Russia would get 3 spots, no problem. But look where we are now...

Ice is slippery. There are no guarantees.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It's my secret hope that Osmond wins silver, gets three spots for Canada just to see the world implode (three spots for Canada in all four disciplines). I'll be happy if Osmond skates well enough to stay in the top ten, though.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Popova has to feel good about that either way. She's destroyed her PBs at this event.

Gracie Gold up next! I really want her to crush it.

ForeverFish

Medalist
It's my secret hope that Osmond wins silver, gets three spots for Canada just to see the world implode (three spots for Canada in all four disciplines). I'll be happy if Osmond skates well enough to stay in the top ten, though.

I don't think top ten will be a problem for her at all, unless she falls four or five times.

skatel80

On the Ice
This may be an odd thing to comment on but Popova has VERY nicely centered spins. In terms of centering she could be in there with anyone in the world, and I think that's awesome.

REALLY enjoyed her performance as well.

I noticed her lovely spins too, nice positions speed and centering:)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think people were saying prior to this that Russia would get 3 spots, no problem. But look where we are now...

Ice is slippery. There are no guarantees.

Totally fair. Obviously if the skaters from countries want more spots they have to earn them. If I seemed to be implying differently, I wasn't, and I agree with you.

figuristka

Medalist
Though i would love to see Osmond on the podium i don't think its likely unless alot of bad skates like in men's. If she has a good performance for herself and gets in top 5-10 it would be wonderful.

snsd

On the Ice
Sotnikova is going to have to bring it if she wants to keep 3 spots for Russia.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Totally fair. Obviously if the skaters from countries want more spots they have to earn them. If I seemed to be implying differently, I wasn't, and I agree with you.

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was trying to argue with you. I'm just concerned for both countries at the moment.