Will Tuktamysheva lose a spot for the Olympics Team? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Will Tuktamysheva lose a spot for the Olympics Team?

Country
Russia
now we know two problems Liza has to be addressed next Season

1 her weight - Mishin must find a way to control what Liza is eating and monitor everything she eats.
With the same weight she won Nationals and had best of all Russian skaters in season SP at Euro.

It is not the fact that lower weight is better - Gedevanishvili was much better in past season when she was a little "fat" than in this season when she lost weight.

Country
Russia
Just watchd Julia Lipnitskaya for the 1st.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox2yALLp0Fg

Despite all the hype, I don't think she has a lot of potential if judges score her fairly. Her skating skills are extremely poor compared to other teenager hopefuls. The stroking is very laboured. Her jump technique is not pretty with no flow at all. There is absolutely no transition in the program. I don't think she's better than Adelina or Liz.
JrWorlds-2013 - bad point for watch or compare.
All pretenders on medals had serious mistakes there. As said one of them in interview "We all gifted points to each other".

Julia also was after serious injury because of which she WD from GP Final and SrNationals. So she was not in her best state.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The russians must learn how to be less ostentatious with their young talent, knowing the trials girls in particular must go through as athletes. It would lessen the psychological stress of all their athletes.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Seriously! Some 12yo can do 3lutz-3toe and they think she will be the next yuna Kim? Then they tell her u gonna ne a star. U gonna advertise for Samsung. Well, until the girl bombs and bombs and no one bothers with her anymore, all left was a damaged delusional child. Like Julia. That girl thinks she's the best.

Nothing wrong with self-confidence, as long as you have the chops to prove it. And she did so on the junior circuit, but her concussion prevented her from doing more than dipping her toes in the senior ranks this season.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Nothing wrong with self-confidence, as long as you have the chops to prove it. And she did so on the junior circuit, but her concussion prevented her from doing more than dipping her toes in the senior ranks this season.

I like girls with self confidence. I hated girls with deluded self confidence.
This girl sulked and got bitchy with Mao Asada. Who the hell is she?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw Liza live at World Trophy, and she isn't fat. In fact, her fat composition is still that of a young teenager and she has yet to fill out completely. But her frame is quite broad, so once she becomes a woman, who knows. I thought Liza looked really stressed. She had dark rings under her eyes that she tried to cover with makeup.

That was my feeling---she isn't fat, she's broad in the frame. But once she fills out, if she doesn't get taller, she may end up with a body like Rachael Flatt. Not that that in itself is necessarily bad---Rachael's problems (bulging disks and chronic tendonitis in her leg) were what took her out of action, not her body type.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I like girls with self confidence. I hated girls with deluded self confidence.
This girl sulked and got bitchy with Mao Asada. Who the hell is she?

she didn't :rolleye:
the only time she got really pissed was at Junior Worlds where she made mistake in the SP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That was my feeling---she isn't fat, she's broad in the frame. But once she fills out, if she doesn't get taller, she may end up with a body like Rachael Flatt. Not that that in itself is necessarily bad---Rachael's problems (bulging disks and chronic tendonitis in her leg) were what took her out of action, not her body type.

exactly she has a broad frame, she needs to control her weight and diet as she might be going to a Rachel Flatt route.
I also think Flatt's weight played a role in her injuries.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Julia was a bit slow at Junior Worlds but compare her edging at Pre-Injury in Finlandia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLQEtsZM7U, it changed after her injury, given that we will have to wait this coming season how she has taken her stroking

Yeah, her edging at Finlandia Cup was much stronger. It's amazing that an injury can have some a visible impact on your stroking. I think her ss at Jr. Worlds only deserved 4-5. She pretty much walked on ice.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
exactly she has a broad frame, she needs to control her weight and diet as she might be going to a Rachel Flatt route.
I also think Flatt's weight played a role in her injuries.

Good thing Rachael is going to stanford, school of engineering. And Liza will enroll in Stanislaus, school of hair and make up. No, girl, she is not going down the Flatt route.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Liza is going to wind up with a body like Rachael Flatt's, starving herself won't change anything. I have seen Rachael up close and personal, and she is anything but fat. She is very short, but not fine-boned like most figure skaters her height. She had back problems early on, when she was quite young, before she had filled out.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She lost to Mao at a gp event this year and said some disrespectful thing and made faces.

she did not say rude things about Mao
and Julia always does that facial expression, see TEB and Junior Worlds

I stand by and I think it will really help if Mishin monitors her food, she should try a 1 meal per day for the whole off season.
she can build in more muscle tissue by rigorous training afterwards
and no not all 12-15 year old girls love Ice Cream, I didn't when I was at that age.

vera01

Final Flight
The russians must learn how to be less ostentatious with their young talent, knowing the trials girls in particular must go through as athletes. It would lessen the psychological stress of all their athletes.

I agree. I think this is a reason Kaetlyn, Zijun and Gracie skated better than Adelina or Liza at Worlds.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Julia always does that facial expression, see TEB and Junior Worlds

I stand by and I think it will really help if Mishin monitors her food, she should try a 1 meal per day for the whole off season.
she can build in more muscle tissue by rigorous training afterwards
and no not all 12-15 year old girls love Ice Cream, I didn't when I was at that age.

chuckm is right. Starving yourself won't change the body type that you're genetically programmed to have.

Let's put it this way: Would you rather have Liza looking the way she is now--broad in the hips and shoulders--or would you rather have her be so weak from self-starvation that she can't land her jumps?

Liza is 16. Should I correct myself? The VAST MAJORITY of teenage girls enjoy ice cream.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Sotnikova will probably make the team barring a disaester at Nationals.

The 2nd spot is wide open. Lipnitskaia has a good shot, but it depends how kind the puberty monster is to her, and her year this season was less than spectacular. Tuktamysheva would get it for sure if she has performances like Nationals (and would probably win Nationals again) but she seems to be running into increasing problems with her jump consistency and especialy her SP, although her PCS have improved greatly. I still wouldnt totally write Leonova off if she makes a recovery, and some of the other young ones could spoil as the 3 I mentioned are all question marks.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sotnikova will probably make the team barring a disaester at Nationals.

The 2nd spot is wide open. Lipnitskaia has a good shot, but it depends how kind the puberty monster is to her, and her year this season was less than spectacular. Tuktamysheva would get it for sure if she has performances like Nationals (and would probably win Nationals again) but she seems to be running into increasing problems with her jump consistency and especialy her SP, although her PCS have improved greatly. I still wouldnt totally write Leonova off if she makes a recovery, and some of the other young ones could spoil as the 3 I mentioned are all question marks.

Sotnikova would make the team even when she bombs her pcs can still score a 58+
Liza when she had a meltdown has a 52-55 pcs , Julia with her mistakes had a 57+ pcs

ForeverFish

Medalist
Sotnikova would make the team even when she bombs her pcs can still score a 58+
Liza when she had a meltdown has a 52-55 pcs , Julia with her mistakes had a 57+ pcs

She bombed the 2012 CoR (on home ice) and scored 55.59 for PCS in the FS.

Unless you mean nationally, where the scoring isn't reliable to begin with.

seniorita

Record Breaker
An athlete 's weight is a sensitive matter during puberty and while their body is changing, I would think it is not proper to discuss it in public, especially since we are not inside Liza' s team. I m pretty sure there are professionals and nobody can possible know what Mishin does except for him. Maybe Liza doesn't read the thread but I m sure girls involved in the sport do, so giving random advices about an athlete ' s diet might hurt someone else.

Also I ve seen Flatt twice and calling her anything close to fat even for figure skater is ridiculous.