Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisinka

Medalist
On the other hand, I feel that I/Z team, including their coaches, are not as strategic as S/K team. They gave an impression that I/Z are leftovers but are doing fine. But S/K team mostly thanks to Zueva's politiking skill, make me feel that they are controlling the situation and timing. Of course I hope I/Z will be more successful.

This is always a question. One way is to speak in superlatives only, but frankly anyone who knows anything about skating and coaching sees that this is a game how to make a team look superb. Another possibility is to keep words under control, give less info and less superlatives and let skaters speak with their skating. While Zueva tries to make a fairy-tale from this situation, Kustarova stays with her feet on the floor. Because more people watching skating are not coaches or former skaters, there will be a big group of people who will probably think that Vika and Nikita are the best team ever reading Zueva’s words. Those who know how coaches job really looks like will rather take Kustarova more seriously than Zueva.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Nobody from us saw them 24 hours a day, even Morozov, yes. But we don’t discuss all days and situations which took Nikita to a split. We discuss what happened after it…and this is perfectly shown in media. Since the rumour about a split started, all important steps of those four skaters and their coaches got big attention and were described in a press…and Victoria and Nikita’s behaviour plus behaviour of Russian Federation AFTER a rumour is what people don’t like and criticise.

Alright, why don't we just call it a truce. Arguing isn't good for the mood is it?

hanca

Record Breaker
At the end of the day I feel jumping and vilifying any of them is unfair. We don't know the situation.

Bekalc, your posts reflect your moral values. And not in the good light! Vilifying implies making villain out of someone. I think we don't need to vilify them; they have managed it nicely without our help. If you really think their behavior was acceptable, I am sorry but that says a lot about you as a person.

elif

Medalist
This is always a question. One way is to speak in superlatives only, but frankly anyone who knows anything about skating and coaching sees that this is a game how to make a team look superb. Another possibility is to keep words under control, give less info and less superlatives and let skaters speak with their skating. While Zueva tries to make a fairy-tale from this situation, Kustarova stays with her feet on the floor. Because more people watching skating are not coaches or former skaters, there will be a big group of people who will probably think that Vika and Nikita are the best team ever reading Zueva’s words. Those who know how coaches job really looks like will rather take Kustarova more seriously than Zueva.

Zoueva set the bar too high for Sintsina/Katsalapov. For example: fastest team in the world.(!?:laugh:) We will see at first Grand Prix how good S/K actually is, but I'm expecting a team already better than Virtue/Moir and Davis/White from her words.

sisinka

Medalist
Thanks TAHKA for translation. Victoria and Nikita feel free to talk beautifully about each other.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-Summer-2014&p=4271572&viewfull=1#post4271572

In one moment I started to laught, really. Some pages ago some fan protected Nikita that he wanted to get rid of Lena because she started a relationship with him, then with Morozov…and now Nikita is saying that Victoria is a muse, who inspires him and helps him in life…they are breathing together…well, isn’t it over professional relationship also???

Victoria is really happy about her decision, good for her. She surprisingly looks to be charmed with Nikita’s working attitude, that is interesting…Kustarova’s group was always taken like a group of hard workers coaches included.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Zoueva set the bar too high for Sintsina/Katsalapov. For example: fastest team in the world.(!?:laugh:) We will see at first Grand Prix how good S/K actually is, but I'm expecting a team already better than Virtue/Moir and Davis/White from her words.
I am sure other teams, not necessary from Russia, will make Zoueva eat her own words. :popcorn: let's not forget B/S the current Russian Champ.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Thanks TAHKA for translation. Victoria and Nikita feel free to talk beautifully about each other.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-Summer-2014&p=4271572&viewfull=1#post4271572

In one moment I started to laught, really. Some pages ago some fan protected Nikita that he wanted to get rid of Lena because she started a relationship with him, then with Morozov…and now Nikita is saying that Victoria is a muse, who inspires him and helps him in life…they are breathing together…well, isn’t it over professional relationship also???

Victoria is really happy about her decision, good for her. She surprisingly looks to be charmed with Nikita’s working attitude, that is interesting…Kustarova’s group was always taken like a group of hard workers coaches included.

This must be the true Nikita. Ungracious to a fault. He can only work with someone who will defer to him in cases, no matter his fault. I have never heard an ice dancer use the word "I" so much rather than we or team. He and Trankov really are soulmates. I pray to God that I/Z really do really really well. His comments in these interviews have been really something.

I must be an idiot. I expected him to open his mouth but not like this. It's just like he learnt nothing from his departure from Zhulin. Wow, just wow. In future he should keep his mouth shut. Nothing good seems to really come from it. WOW!!

meteorlight8

Rinkside
This must be the true Nikita. Ungracious to a fault. He can only work with someone who will defer to him in cases, no matter his fault. I have never heard an ice dancer use the word "I" so much rather than we or team. He and Trankov really are soulmates. I pray to God that I/Z really do really really well. His comments in these interviews have been really something.

I must be an idiot. I expected him to open his mouth but not like this. It's just like he learnt nothing from his departure from Zhulin. Wow, just wow. In future he should keep his mouth shut. Nothing good seems to really come from it. WOW!!

I agree with all this, except the point about Trankov. Trankov is a bit arrogant and has no filter, but the big difference I see between them is that Trankov is way more self-aware, whereas Nikita seems to [imo inexplicably, considering how often he fecked up when it counted] buy into his own hype. While I was really excited about the V/T pairing, I had liked M/T a lot too, and I remember even after the split him saying some good things about Maria, as well as correcting interviewers when they claimed she always messed up by bringing up times that he made mistakes in their programs (Olys, Worlds). For me, Trankov's media comments seem fairly objective though better if not said so bluntly in public, whereas Nikita's comments often come off self-absorbed and highly delusional.

uhh

Medalist

I agree with you - it's the "Victoria is MY muse", like all the inspiration comes from him, and "Victoria has done a lot of work to get up to my level" making her sound like she was nothing before he came along. Ugh. I never remember him seeming like this before.

In other news, Elena's transfer to Kustarova & Alexeeva's group has been confirmed by the Moscow region sports body, so I think we can take that as I/Z being approved by the Fed & having the regional funding from Moscow until they get back to the National Team :) Nothing for S/K yet, although I don't know how it works with them training in Canton - presumably the Moscow region doesn't say anything because they aren't based there & maybe they don't fund them for the same reason?

bramweld

Record Breaker
I agree with you - it's the "Victoria is MY muse", like all the inspiration comes from him, and "Victoria has done a lot of work to get up to my level" making her sound like she was nothing before he came along. Ugh. I never remember him seeming like this before.

In other news, Elena's transfer to Kustarova & Alexeeva's group has been confirmed by the Moscow region sports body, so I think we can take that as I/Z being approved by the Fed & having the regional funding from Moscow until they get back to the National Team :) Nothing for S/K yet, although I don't know how it works with them training in Canton - presumably the Moscow region doesn't say anything because they aren't based there & maybe they don't fund them for the same reason?

To be honest, about the funding, I don't even care. I am just so glad she got away from him. I really hope 10 years from now, if we're all around we will live to see them or him apologizing for his behaviour. All the comments mind you are coming on the day of the ball when he should be celebrating their Olympic achievements and neither of them has one kind word about their previous partners. This, says a lot about these two. No amount of whitewashing by Zueva can repair the damage they have done to their images, no matter how successful they become in the future.

YLFan

Match Penalty
Elena is like a seductress and Ruslan is like a slight underdog trying to attain her affections.

And Victoria and Nikkita is the epitome of Russian beauty.

Thumbs up to both couples.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Elena is like a seductress and Ruslan is like a slight underdog trying to attain her affections.

And Victoria and Nikkita is the epitome of Russian beauty.

Thumbs up to both couples.

Victoria and Nikita are very attractive but as yet they do not move me. But I do see their beauty. In Ruslan and Elena I see elegance and a vulnerability. I just have a soft spot for I/Z. But yes I am excited to see these new pairs on ice :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Elena won this round. She surely was the most stunning lady in this event. Ridiculously beautiful and elegant, very classy. :popcorn:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist

Looks don't earn medals honey. If you like their look, send them a letter to participate in kind of beauty contest. Let's see the choreography, passion and move both couples bring to the ice, then we may compare...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looks don't earn medals honey. If you like their look, send them a letter to participate in kind of beauty contest. Let's see the choreography, passion and move both couples bring to the ice, then we may compare...

beauty aesthetics and looks is a huge part in Ice Dancing

Sinitsina / Katslapaov already have a huge lead in this department compared to Elena who paired with Zhiganshin (aka the schoolboy look) and are awkward together. I doubt we'll see real passion from I/Z, they may not be able to convey this on the ice

in this round, Sinitsina / Katsalapov have won

also video from the sports ward dinner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFl9YHQq7Uc&feature=player_embedded

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Just because they were at the same dinner and didn't interact doesn't mean the water is clear. They probably avoided each other 24/7 on purpose to avoid a confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.