Marin Honda | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

tzazu

Medalist
Wow, a wonderful SP and FS! Congrats for the silver, and wishing to see her in seniors!!!:luv17:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
It brings me such joy to watch her. She jumps so easily, she is so expressive, she seems to fly over the ice. Lovely girl, I can't wait to see her in senior events!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congrats on your PB FS, Marin, and being the second junior lady to reach 200 total score. Well deserved. May you have a good, long senior career.

liv

Record Breaker
Yeah, loved this program and this performance, she definitely *won* the silver. So happy for her that she did it in her most important competition and got great marks. Now on to Seniors and hopefully a great future.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Marin :luv17: She did her absolute best, after such a tough season, she nailed everything and like you said, liv, WON silver medal. So many posivities from this competition, she got all level 4s, no pops, reached 130s in free and 200s overall :luv17: The thing about Marin is that she can still improve so many things. Two beautiful skates and hopefully no regrets for Marin. She's my favorite skater and I can't wait to keep seeing her improve and skate more and more beautifully :love:

EDIT: Here's interview, she was pretty emotional. No one in this competition felt more pressure than her :cry: But I'm sure she will be happy for what she did today and in whole competition soon! https://twitter.com/marin_channel/status/843071229535821824

Last edited:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Yes!! Marin peaked at the right time. She should be so proud of herself. She is just effervescent on the ice. I can't wait to see her progress to Seniors.

venx

Match Penalty
Yes!! Marin peaked at the right time. She should be so proud of herself. She is just effervescent on the ice. I can't wait to see her progress to Seniors.
She always delivers when it counts! ALWAYS! :yahoo:

Congratulations sweet Marin! Olympics, here we come! :clap::hap57::thank:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Amazing performance. Truly beautiful :love:
I'm so happy with this competitions! The SP and the FS will remain two of my favourite performances ever, like last year's one :biggrin:
Can she go to the World Team Trophy? I remember Gold and Sotnikova went in 2012 after a season in Juniors :think:

AppleEmperor

On the Ice
Just watched her skate, so proud of bby Marin <333

She probably felt so much pressure going into this comp, and I'm so glad that she was able to give such great performances here. :luv17:

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
Why was she crying ?
This is second hand, and I can't vouch for it... but I heard from some Japanese people that Fuji TV were mean to her during interview. That she was basically happy about her performance... but then the interviewer was repeatedly saying stuff like "you were only 2nd. You said you would win, but you didn't. You lost"... until eventually she cried, and apologised for not winning.

I don't know if anyone else can verify if this is true?

I'm already mad at Fuji TV for blocking youtube videos in regions where they do not own the rights... but if this is true, I'm 10x madder. Tabloid pressure tactics, against a child? Because "Marin in tears" generates more clicks and views for them? Did they really stoop so disgustingly low? I hope not.

Regardless - Marin has nothing to apologise for. She gave her best, and nobody can ask for more than that!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I usually don't follow the Juniors but do watch some of the videos and let me say
Marin's SP and FS were first rate and was the highlight for me. Beautiful skating!
I wish there were 2 gold medals!

Congrats to Marin for winning the Silver medal!

venx

Match Penalty
This is second hand, and I can't vouch for it... but I heard from some Japanese people that Fuji TV were mean to her during interview. That she was basically happy about her performance... but then the interviewer was repeatedly saying stuff like "you were only 2nd. You said you would win, but you didn't. You lost"... until eventually she cried, and apologised for not winning.
I hope it's not true or I'm buying plane ticket to Japan to kick some dumb asses. :mad:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just want to pop up there to show my respect and admiration or Marin and her work, progress and poise shown at Junior Worlds recently.

In general I am a big fan of Japanese culture and take on figure skating,strong work ethic, humble approach and being conscious about imperfections/area of improvement despite successes and high scores. Another thing I much appreciate in Japanese skaters is their natual, organic feel of music, so seamlessly incorparated within their skating, of course some do it more, some less, but for me it's a kind of trademark for Japanese skaters to express music in so flowy way in synch with their movement. Marin embodies all said - a big soul of hard worker and competitor in such young althlete, such immense musicality of her WHOLE body movement and expression very much appropriate, natural, distinct, with right tune to the program.

She seems to have skating joy of Kanako, skill and sophistication of Mao and fierceness and determination of Satoko - at only 15, she's already quite a complex, multi-dimentional package,with prominent skill, amazing glide, speed and feather, airy quality of her skating in general, so rare to achieve and see nowadays. Her upper body work is especially remarkable or me, along with her jumping technique, the rotation speed, air position and flow in and out of jumps - looking at her, there's a harmony and a synergy between image and movement, she's just natual skater with rightly mastered skill and nutured talent. Regarding her movement, aside of aforementioned superb quality in reception of her skating and skill presented, I really do appreciate her lines and balance achieved in intergating technical prowess/execution so easy on eyes with proper stance, posture, she's making it so pleasant for me to watch (which in all honesty I can't tell about a winner there, not taking anything from her, but skating half of the time bend, with no proper extension and finish of movement is totally not my thing...).

Aside of obvious quality, there is that integrity and balance in Marin's programs and performances - instead of squeezing the system out, she's 'squeezing' herself, her potential out, producing strong and engaged performance, leaving a desire to see more of this instead of wishing for something else.

I hope to see a steady, strong and consequent progress for Marin, with her doing the best for her in her own pace, not necessarily doing better than others too fast.

Last edited: