Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1346 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I am studying for my chemistry final and while I was studying, spotify chose to play both Memoirs of a Geisha and Exogenesis. Zhenya is helping me get through this :laugh:

kahndradra

On the Ice
Now that Rostelecom is over, does that mean that we won’t see Zhenya for 1+ month? 😱 That’s so long away but I’m glad she’ll have the time to focus and train more!

Besides Cup of Russia, are there any other non-Euros/non-Worlds comps that we might see her in during the second half of the season?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that Rostelecom is over, does that mean that we won’t see Zhenya for 1+ month? �� That’s so long away but I’m glad she’ll have the time to focus and train more!

Besides Cup of Russia, are there any other non-Euros/non-Worlds comps that we might see her in during the second half of the season?

There are quite a few senior B's. Cup of Tyrol, Dragon Trophy, etc.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But is she going to comptete there? Is there any official competition calendar for her? I tried to google it, my couldn’t find anything [emoji85]

No. She won't make any decisions for Senior B's until January. We won't see her until Russian nationals the end of December.

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
But is she going to comptete there? Is there any official competition calendar for her? I tried to google it, my couldn’t find anything [emoji85]

Jeanie19 is right, a lot will likely depend on how she does at Russian Nationals. If she makes the Euros/worlds team, she won't likely do any extra comps. If she doesn't do well at Rusnats we may see a repeat of last season where we have a "skate off" at RCF.

Other than Rusnats she also has some ice shows planned, Wizard of Oz (Dec-Jan) Art on Ice (April) and Sailor Moon (June).

There's an Evgenia events calendar on this fan forum if that helps: :)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/evgeniamedvedeva/viewtopic.php?t=251

vixen0089

On the Ice
Jeanie19 is right, a lot will likely depend on how she does at Russian Nationals. If she makes the Euros/worlds team, she won't likely do any extra comps. If she doesn't do well at Rusnats we may see a repeat of last season where we have a "skate off" at RCF.

Other than Rusnats she also has some ice shows planned, Wizard of Oz (Dec-Jan) Art on Ice (April) and Sailor Moon (June).

There's an Evgenia events calendar on this fan forum if that helps: :)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/evgeniamedvedeva/viewtopic.php?t=251

Thanks a lot, of course it’s helpful :) I’m not gonna lie, I would love her to take part in Euros, as I live less than two hours away from the city where it’s going to be held [emoji85] but it’s so soon, I was not aware that the skaters who are going to compete are announced at such short notice. I guess I need to learn a lot about figure skating world (newbie here ;-) )

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks a lot, of course it’s helpful :) I’m not gonna lie, I would love her to take part in Euros, as I live less than two hours away from the city where it’s going to be held [emoji85] but it’s so soon, I was not aware that the skaters who are going to compete are announced at such short notice. I guess I need to learn a lot about figure skating world (newbie here ;-) )

Great Avatar. :)

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice

:) Wow that's amazing, if she does make it to Euros that could be a good opportunity to see her compete. I haven't been to a FS event yet (relatively new fan too, Olympics 2018) but I'd like to go to one eventually. :)

Vemvane

On the Ice

Another newbie here, and aaahhh, it would be so exciting if she did go to Euros and you could see her there. We will just have to cross our fingers and toes very tight at Russian Nationals, and hope for the best.

At any rate, it will be a long dry month between now and the end of December, without any Evgenia, but this gives her more training time, and more quiet time, away from cameras and the media, which I think is often better for the skaters mentally. Also, more time to add even more sparkles to her Exogenesis costume - I swear it is more glittery each time I see it.

Fluture

Record Breaker

That‘s really cool! I‘m going to Euros too (already bought my tickets - it will be my first big skating competition, so exciting!) but I don‘t even dare hope. For now I‘m convincing myself that there‘s no chance whatsoever Zhenya’ll go so that I‘m not as disappointed when it really doesn‘t happen. If you go, we should have a Zhenya fan meeting! I think there are a few of us already who’ll be there. :)

And don’t worry, the skating world (and its rules) confuses everyone, even those who’ve watched for some time! :laugh:

skatingfan200

Medalist
Euro quali: first and second place (Rusnats), third entry over Coaching Council.

Nam about Zhenya:)
- You asked Eugene on Instagram whether she would marry you and when you went to land. Is this your common joke?

- Oh sure! We both know this is a joke. We love having fun with the fans, a little flirting with them, you know (laughs).

Eugenia and I are very good friends. We had dinner together many times during a tour of Canada, but did not share it with the fans, because you want to share something with the audience, and you want to leave something just for yourself.

There were many points that we did not publish.

In the summer I invited her to lunch, we had a great time. Then I even told Instagram that it took me 13 months to get her out for lunch. Of course, it was a joke. I think some fans have paid too much attention to this (laughs). But Eugene, of course, is a great girl.

- Tell the story of the appearance of this photo.

- It was made during the rental of women at the Grand Prix in Moscow. I guess I was sitting next to the Medvedeva fan club or something, and many girls came up to me for a photo.

This is part of the life of the skater: we share many moments with the fans, we communicate with them.

And Russian fans are simply magnificent - they support every athlete. And what they did for Eugene at the box office in Moscow is incredible. Seeing it with my own eyes was even more impressive.

I think celebrating her birthday in Moscow with such fans is a special moment for her. By the way, is she 19 or 20?

- twenty.

- The fact is that during joint performances on the show I asked Eugene how old she was. She answered 18, 19, and confused me (laughs). But in any case, I think celebrating a birthday in Moscow with fans is a special moment.

vixen0089

On the Ice
Great Avatar. :)

Thank you! I could finally add a picture :)

@IceCrystalChris me neither, that would definitely be an exciting experience. I hope you’ll also have a chance to attend one in the future :)

@Vemvane definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

That’s true, it’s always sad not to see Evgenia, but as you wrote, she needs this time to be away for a while and focus on training etc. Luckily we have YouTube to rewatch everything Zhenya related + this forum :)

@Fluture wow, that’s great!!! Even if there is no chance to see Evgenia there, I still think it’s going to be amazing. Are you going to attend the whole event? For me only ladies free skate would be possible... If I go, you can count me in if it comes to fan meeting :)
Haha thanks, I’m sure this forum will help me to learn new things ;-)

@skatingfan200 thank you, that explains a lot how one qualifies

Thanks for the interview. I like the part about not sharing some things with audience, even though I always starve for some news, it’s good to know they still manage to have private and pleasurable moments.

Sorry for the form of my post, I need to figure out how to do multiply quotations [emoji85]

Fluture

Record Breaker
@Fluture wow, that’s great!!! Even if there is no chance to see Evgenia there, I still think it’s going to be amazing. Are you going to attend the whole event? For me only ladies free skate would be possible... If I go, you can count me in if it comes to fan meeting :)
Haha thanks, I’m sure this forum will help me to learn new things ;-)

I have an all event ticket but I might have to miss the first day of competition since my exams might be scheduled at that time exactly. But I‘m hoping to catch the rest. Would be great to have a fan meeting!

As for double posts: there is a sort of button right next to the one you have to press to quote a post. It saves the post in question and when you go to write another post, the posts you “saved“ will be there already for you to answer to. You can do that for as many posts as you want to, at least I‘ve not yet encountered a limit myself. :laugh: Sorry for not explaining it better, English‘s not my first language and explanations aren‘t my strong suit at any rate, oops.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Honestly... I'm so glad we've all known that Zhenya wouldn't go to GPF for a while now. I'm also so glad we don't have to deal with the stress of it. I'm hardly a fan of any of the other ladies going, yet it's still feeling like such a burden to me. Lol. I'm happy to just sit back and rewatch Rostelecom Exogenesis over and over, because that's my favorite skating related thing to recently :love: (I'm also super into Worlds Gala Experience lately... it's become one of my favorite skating performances ever... ah the SOUL)