Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1251 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

skatingfan200

Medalist

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Even if they don't count torwards SB, if she can skate well & score well, it will help her momentum & reputation going into the GP season

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Are you guys excited about the GP season or dreading it?
Both, well I am not dreading the events that much but rather the comments in a certain thread.which I am so close to going out from because it is really getting ridiculous in there , zhenya has it rather tough cause if Sasha doesn't make faults she will not get a gold medal, . Hopefully she can get 2 silver medals. But I think it could be a bronze and silver one, I hope that would be enough bit I do now know it. Well it could also be that rika or Sasha makes faults and if she stays faultless it could potentially turn everything on it's head

Fluture

Record Breaker

Both. You know, I am currently in the process of re-evaluating why I‘m watching figure skating. The sport I fell in love with is changing and I cannot say I like this change. I don‘t like the focus on athleticism over artistry, never have, never will. I don‘t like the judging and the fan wars and hate. Sometimes I don‘t even know why I‘m a fan anymore. Luckily there are skaters out there who remind me again. Obviously, Zhenya is the main one here. I‘m trying to come to peace with the fact that most of my favourites will probably not win a lot and that what I value in skating will lose more and more in importance. That‘s why I‘m trying to treasure the skaters and performances that bring me joy - no matter the scores they get and if they medal or not. I‘m scared of the GP season because Zhenya‘s got really tough assignments. But I‘m also looking forward to it because I‘ll get to see her skate again.

And this turned out to be a longer answer than I‘d intended. :laugh:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I'm with you guys. I am looking forward to seeing Zhenya's progression throughout the season, I'm excited to see her performances grow and to see her improvements, but I'm not looking forward to the competition itself. I woke up this morning angry at the world for giving her such difficult assignments lol :dbana: There's no 'easy' assignments, but of all of her Russian peers, she definitely got the shortest end of the stick and it's just unfortunate. But anything could happen, I guess, and I'm excited to see her skate in Canada and Russia again :)

Maia96

On the Ice

Really I don't know. With the results I have seen these days, in the best case I expect a bronze in Canada and a silver in Russia for Zhenya. I also made a ranking according to the crossings of the stages and in the best case Zhenya would be seventh, which she wouldn’t classify for GPF.

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic but I don't think I'm so far from reality.

Maia96

On the Ice
Both. You know, I am currently in the process of re-evaluating why I‘m watching figure skating. The sport I fell in love with is changing and I cannot say I like this change. I don‘t like the focus on athleticism over artistry, never have, never will. I don‘t like the judging and the fan wars and hate. Sometimes I don‘t even know why I‘m a fan anymore. Luckily there are skaters out there who remind me again. Obviously, Zhenya is the main one here. I‘m trying to come to peace with the fact that most of my favourites will probably not win a lot and that what I value in skating will lose more and more in importance. That‘s why I‘m trying to treasure the skaters and performances that bring me joy - no matter the scores they get and if they medal or not. I‘m scared of the GP season because Zhenya‘s got really tough assignments. But I‘m also looking forward to it because I‘ll get to see her skate again.

And this turned out to be a longer answer than I‘d intended. :laugh:

I have the same feeling as you Fluture...For me they are killing the essence of this sport.:cry: Honestly at this step this sport will be only skating because of artistic nothing.
They could already take away the artistic name because it’s determined that you can win with a program based on jumps. Regardless of the poor SS. Because having jumps already increases your PCS.