2014 Skate America Men's FS 10/25 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Men's FS 10/25

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Golly, people! I hate hearing how people are butchering Nam's last name! Come on folks, he just skated a clean skate! Get the name right!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Okay that canadian boy is quite the shocker he looks to lithe and fragile to do those jumps. He looks like a boy and does need more strength and amplitude but he really is showing he is for real -just a few weeks he landed the big jumps but it was unclear was it fluke - well he did it again. the french guy was taking off his shirt at the end - not sure why - if he wanted points he should follow his compatriot Candelero and do it on the ice lol

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was a really impressive FS by Nam! :) It's incredible how consistent he is, particularly considering a) he recently went through a HUGE growth spurt and b) this is his Senior GP debut. I agree that he needs more speed, and I'm not a huge fan of his 3A technique, but he manages to get all his difficult jumps done. Also, for being so young, he has a really nice presence on the ice and comfort with the crowd.

rain

Record Breaker
Yeah, he's just so small though, it would be helpful if he grew some.

What a skate that was though!

While he still needs power, with that technical content and Chan out for at least this season, Nam could be the national champion this year. It's not like Kevin Reynolds has tons of speed or power either. Most of the other guys don't have a quad, or any consistency.

Icey

Record Breaker
Golly, people! I hate hearing how people are butchering Nam's last name! Come on folks, he just skated a clean skate! Get the name right!

In case I am one of them, tell us what is right. That's not an offense I like to make.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Machida's easily got the best outfit on the ice, imo :yes:

eta: ehhh, the front....not so much...