The "Wishes" Thread - 4CC 2015 Edition | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The "Wishes" Thread - 4CC 2015 Edition

Fer

On the Ice
I would like to see Satoko and Rika on the podium. And of course Gracie will have a medal.
For men, I would like to see Adam on the podium and hope he lands as least one quad Lutz.

r1kubu

Rinkside
I wish to see Gracie, Miyahara and Soyoun on the podium!
Hopefully Soyoun won't break under pressure of skating in front of Korean fans

I also wish that the scores won't be inflated...... is it possible..?

Kim Chae-hwa's FS best score: at 4CC in South Korea
Kim Chae-hwa's Total best score: at 4CC in South Korea
Kwak Min-jeong's SP best score: at 4CC in South Korea
Kim Na-young's SP best score: at 4CC in South Korea
Kim Na-young's FS best score: at 4CC in South Korea
Kim Na-young's Total best score: at 4CC in South Korea

home advantage's not that rare. at least I can say korean skaters tend to performe strongly in front of their own country's crowd.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It would be really cool if one of the Canadian girls out of the blue shocks the Japanese, Americans and Koreans. Looking forward to seeing the pairs and if the Chinese can win all three medals or will Duhamel and Radford challenge them. I am also curious to see how Canada 2 and 3 compare to the Americans - can they compete.

Florencito

Medalist
Men: 1) Rippon 2) Yan 3) Murakami 4) Martinez 5) Nguyen 6) Ten (but actually I'd be very happy with any combination of these six :p )

Ladies: 1) Park 2) Li 3) Cesario 4) Nagai

Pairs: 1) Pang/Tong 2) Sui/Han 3) Denney/Frazier

Ice Dance: 1) Hawayek/Baker 2) Weaver/Poje 3) Gilles/Poirier 4) Kim/Minov

I mean, a boy can dream, right?

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
well, that kind of would be dreaming mate, since MCM is withdrawn.

1. Joshua 2. Jason 3. Brendan!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Waiting to hear the excuses of all the people who howled angrily about "home cooking" in Russia defending the same "home cooking" in Korea...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Men: 1) Rippon 2) Yan 3) Murakami 4) Martinez 5) Nguyen 6) Ten (but actually I'd be very happy with any combination of these six :p )

Ladies: 1) Park 2) Li 3) Cesario 4) Nagai

Pairs: 1) Pang/Tong 2) Sui/Han 3) Denney/Frazier

Ice Dance: 1) Hawayek/Baker 2) Weaver/Poje 3) Gilles/Poirier 4) Kim/Minov

I mean, a boy can dream, right?

Boys, be ambitious? :laugh: Unfortunately, Marinez withdrew.
I would not be surprised if you meant by Ten for Jeremy Ten of Canada instead of Kazakh Denis Ten since your predictions on all disciplines are like dreamy ones except the Chinese pairs winning 1st and 2nd place.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish to see Jason win without a quad, just to see all the reporters have their heads explode.

I think I also wish we could see Jason give the old Jeremy Abbot salute and say "suck it haters" while sticking his tongue out as a response but I think the suggestion would traumatize Jason.

I also would love to see someone medal outside the traditional Asia vs North America. Maybe it is time for an Australian to get on the podium. Or Michael Christian Martinez maybe.

Random trivia: Even if Misha Ge wins, it would not be the first 4Cs medal for Uzbekistan. Tatiana Malinina won gold at the first 4Cs held. Since then everyone else has been from China, Japan, USA and Canada with one exception of a win by Yuna Kim.

It didn't work that well for Jeremy; did you see Christine Brennan's article in January? Besides, it made Jeremy look peevish; it was a legitimate question to ask why he underperforms internationally at 5 Worlds and 2 Olympics.

Anyway, Jason would never. And I'm so glad. It's great to see someone so genuine and genuinely nice. I'd love to see a Jason, Joshua, Adam podium sweep.

I join with others who want to see Gracie skate lights out here. She needs it, for her reputation and for confidence.

I'm a Chock/Bates fan, so I'm going against the tide here, but I really want them to win. Then going against W/P at Worlds means more.

I want to see Haven and Brandan skate clean and sell/perform the LK program. Schmaltzy, but I love it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to see Denis TEN skate his beautiful FS clean for the first time and win the whole thing. Then I'd like one of the US men on the podium, and also Shoma UNO. Oh, and Misha GE in the top 6.

For the ladies, Gold, Edmunds and Park on the podium, please, and Brooklee Han in the top 10.

I'd love to see one of the US teams on the podium, but that is probably not in the cards. Top 5, anyway.

In dance, would like two US teams on the podium in any order.

kresslia

Medalist
It would be really cool if one of the Canadian girls out of the blue shocks the Japanese, Americans and Koreans. Looking forward to seeing the pairs and if the Chinese can win all three medals or will Duhamel and Radford challenge them. I am also curious to see how Canada 2 and 3 compare to the Americans - can they compete.
Our #3 pair is not here.

GF2445

Record Breaker
This is not really a wish but i want to share

Apparently, all the skaters have been given a selfie stick as a gift from the organisers. How nice of them.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is not really a wish but i want to share

Apparently, all the skaters have been given a selfie stick as a gift from the organisers. How nice of them.

I feel like this could be dangerous and hilarious all rolled into one!

Katiemeier

Rinkside
Best wishes for Han.Please clean both SP and FS.Enjoy the game and have fun!
And H/B,just skate beautifully.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Best wishes for Han.Please clean both SP and FS.Enjoy the game and have fun!
And H/B,just skate beautifully.

I would just want to see him to have a personal victory here. He has been through a skater's hell this season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Han and Reynolds imho have gone through HE double hockey sticks. I don't like Reynolds skating but I really wish we could have seen him here at 4ccs remember it was a couple of years ago when he shocked the world with his performance and won gold.

Debrah

On the Ice
Personal best skates for the entire Canadian team! Would like the Korean skater's to skate well and make their fans proud. Would like it if everyone at 4CC stays healthy and injury free. That the audience has fun, and the skater's reach most of their personal skating goals for this competition. Would like Uno to have a nice senior debut. Would like the men to find their warrior spirits and actually fight to land Quads and 3 Axels if they were planned 4CC content. That the judge's are fair and judge what actually happens on the ice, not just on rep or what feds/media want to happen. Would like Pang and Tong to podium. Would like Edmunds to get her mojo back.

Would be very nice if Jeremy Ten and Liam F finally land their planned "big boy" jumps and give wee Nam some help to keep at least 2 but hopefully 3 spots for next year. Wishing for Nam to skate clean but with good speed and the great sparkle he had at Nationals, and to announce via his consistent skates to the world he's gonna be "movin on up," and quite enjoys being on the podium, so to take him seriously as a podium contender, LOL! Hope that at least 1 of the Cdn gals can get into the top 5 mix. That the battle in the pairs and dance races are epic and very well fought, but that ultimately Canada's W&P and D&R both win gold, and that I/M has a stellar 4CC debut. Would esp like it if the Shibs and G&P could both podium and beat Chock & Bates, hey this is wishes and hopes thread, not reality, LOL!

Would like Mura to skate the way he did at SCI. Would like Yan to make a good solid comeback. Would like Farris and Rippon to both beat 2ft'd Brown, the way they should have at nationals. So my totally unrealistic top 10 Men would be: 1. Mura, 2. D.Ten, 3. Nguyen, 4. Yan, 5. Rippon, 6. Uno, 7. Farris. 8. Murakami, 9 J. Ten, 10. Brown.

Would Like Pairs to go 1. D&R,2.Pang & Tong, 3S&H, 4. I&M, 5. P& Z 6.S&K 7.MT-M
Would Like Dance to go:1.W&P 2.Shibs 3.G&P 4.C&B, 5 P&I, 6 H&B

Would Like Ladies to go: 1. Miyahara 2. Gold 3.Chartrand, 4.Hongo 5. Li, 6. Edmunds, 7. Daleman 8. Park. 9. Cesario, 10. Aussie gal!

desertskates

Medalist
My biggest wish is that nobody injures themselves at all or becomes fatigued leading into Worlds! This should be a great competition :cheer: