Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 207 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

LRK

Record Breaker
Liza's free skate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjGRWRXpQSk

Her free skate score 130.99 which put her in 8th place, and total score of 202.06 for a 7th place overall. I felt it was a little more cautious skate than the short, but still good. (I'm not a fan of that dye-job thingy, though.:) I find it a tad distracting even.)

LRK

Record Breaker
Here's Liza's post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdGCIdnnhWZ/?taken-by=liza_tuktik

Via Google translate:
Friends! How quickly time flies ... it seems that the season has just begun, and the Russian championship has already ended. Such a cool championship turned out, so it was great to perform in your native "Jubilee"! Thank you very much for your tremendous support! Such energy! Thank you! More often such emotions ♥ ️

And she remains positive - which is really all that matters. If she's happy, I'm happy.:)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here's Liza's post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdGCIdnnhWZ/?taken-by=liza_tuktik

Via Google translate:
Friends! How quickly time flies ... it seems that the season has just begun, and the Russian championship has already ended. Such a cool championship turned out, so it was great to perform in your native "Jubilee"! Thank you very much for your tremendous support! Such energy! Thank you! More often such emotions ♥ ️

And she remains positive - which is really all that matters. If she's happy, I'm happy.:)

Liza has a great attitude for sure! :biggrin:

Although the season is all ready over for her? What a shame I wanted to see more of her SP! Ah well...

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
I'll admit I was really disappointed when Liza went into the first jump of her free skate and it was clear she wasn't going for the triple axel. I wasn't going into the event feeling good about her chances to make the Olympic team, but I at least thought she'd go down swinging.

I don't know, I'm just fascinated by what goes on between Liza and Mishin. In 2014-2015, they had everything down to a science: same programs, same content, build an impenetrable level of consistency, slowly add in the WOW element, peak at Worlds.

Every season before and since has been littered with second-guessing, tons of switches in program/costumes/jump layout. Liza's skating clearly thrived in a regimented environment. Obviously, an athlete shouldn't be expected to compete in as many events as she did in 14-15, but I want to know who's behind some of the decision-making. Ultimately, I do feel it's the job of a coach to reign an athlete in and keep things consistent, especially in a sport where changing a syllable could throw everything out of whack.

It's tough to say whether she should or could switch coaches, or where her ambition is as a skater. If she wants to be another Leonova and compete each season for the love of the game, god bless, and I hope she does. Given the potential she's demonstrated, I would personally call that a waste, but she's already won a World Championship, so I don't think it's worth it to lose too much sleep over an athlete who's already achieved so much.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It feels silly saying this for a 21-year-old skater, but I think she still has so much untapped potential. Her programs the past few seasons haven't played into her strengths when it comes to presentation at all. And I completely agree with the above poster. What's with all the second guessing, changes and all? If you go with a 3A, do so for the entire season. If not, don't. Stick to the same programs and try to get something that works for her. I admire Mishin for his students' jump technique but the packaging and presentation really doesn't seem to do his skaters any justice. It might be time for a change if she still has higher ambitions than this.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think what feels lacking at Team Mishin lately is... a sense of direction and purpose. Sometimes they try this, and then they try that.

nguyhm

On the Ice
It feels silly saying this for a 21-year-old skater, but I think she still has so much untapped potential. Her programs the past few seasons haven't played into her strengths when it comes to presentation at all. And I completely agree with the above poster. What's with all the second guessing, changes and all? If you go with a 3A, do so for the entire season. If not, don't. Stick to the same programs and try to get something that works for her. I admire Mishin for his students' jump technique but the packaging and presentation really doesn't seem to do his skaters any justice. It might be time for a change if she still has higher ambitions than this.

I don't think Liza will ever leave her coach (and coaching team).

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't think Liza will ever leave her coach (and coaching team).

No, it seems highly unlikely. Especially after reading her previous interview - I mean, I knew that Mishin was a father figure to her, and therefore she is attached to him by a stronger bond than the usual between coach/student, but it also seems that she feels utterly at home there, and that her training mates & coaching team are basically family. And that she doesn't like the ultra-competitive atmosphere that may reign at some other rinks.

Resa

On the Ice
All in all, after reading this interview, I think she has a very healthy relationship with the sport. I mean yes, her programs are not playing into her strenghts and sometimes, she is a little all over the place, but when you think about it: She skates because it's fun for her, not because she wants to become an OGMedalist by all means. I think if Yulia would have had this mindset, we would still be seeing her competing. (I miss her skating so much!!!! :sad46: )

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Liza doing her bit to prevent sickness caused by the low winter temperatures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BegZ7XPHTpQ/

I love black and white photography. There is something really sultry about it. And boys but Liza can do sultry! But I am not sure this particular photo quite does Liza justice.

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
Posted by Liza:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRpyvXn-us/?taken-by=liza_tuktik

She writes:
Some things are more precious because they don’t last long. #enjoyeverymoment 💗

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZJ5bglaRK/?taken-by=liza_tuktik

Now you can find me in mobile app inSkate.
Check my videos there as also as videos of my brilliant coach Alexey Mishin!
You can download our app in AppStore and Google Play.
Lets make figure skating together!
More videos soon!
Join us!
#masterclass
#ElizavetaTuktamysheva
#AlexeyMishin
#inskate

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Posted by Liza:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZJ5bglaRK/?taken-by=liza_tuktik

Now you can find me in mobile app inSkate.
Check my videos there as also as videos of my brilliant coach Alexey Mishin!
You can download our app in AppStore and Google Play.
Lets make figure skating together!
More videos soon!
Join us!
#masterclass
#ElizavetaTuktamysheva
#AlexeyMishin
#inskate

An English translation of one of the videos has now been posted on Liza's Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgqoRl7lf9d/

Be warned - it is dubbed rather than subtitled. And I don't think they have got the audio levels quite right. Nice though it is to hear Liza talking (I've always thought that she has a lovely voice! :love: ), the volume of the original audio is a bit too loud. And as a result, you have to really concentrate to make out what is being said in the translation.

But, it is still really interesting and informative.

Enjoy!

CaroLiza_fan

Naya

On the Ice
There are some details about Liza's plans for the next season? It would be so nice if she could regain her form and be competitive again. It's hard, I know, but we can dream. Her skating needs some refreshing - programs, music, costumes (no more black), she really should try it at this point. I can't understand why Mishin and Liza's choreographer don't try nothing new.

LRK

Record Breaker
I wouldn't blame the choreographer/s, honestly.

I think we should just resign ourselves to the fact that Mishin/Liza have a certain style/taste in programs, and just hope that we get good versions of that, rather than... not so good. This season were fine, I thought.