2015 JGP J&T Banka SD Aug 20 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka SD Aug 20

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Bratislava, Slovakia
Thursday August 2015, 18:10 UTC+2 (12:10 PM EDT)

Permalinked Detailed Results
https://web.archive.org/web/2015082....com/results/season1516/jgpsvk2015/SEG005.HTM

Permalinked Protocol
https://web.archive.org/web/2015082...k2015/jgpsvk2015_JuniorIceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

START ORDER

Current Entries​

No.NameNation
1Anastasia TKACHEVA / Vadim DAVIDOVICHBLR1
Foxtrot: Petite Fleur Waltz: Padam Padam; choreo Sergei Petukhov
2Yana BOZHILOVA / Kaloyan GEORGIEVBUL2
Foxtrot: Fever, Waltz; choreo Galina Potdykova, Anna Nikolova
3Audrey CROTEAU-VILLENEUVE / Jeff HOUGHCAN3
Waltz: Masquerade Suite Waltz, Polka by Strauss; choreo Massimo Scali
4Valerie TAILLEFER / Jason CHANCAN3
Polka: Gigue (from "Coppelia") by Leo Delibes, Waltz (from "Coppelia") by Leo Delibes
March: Marche la la cloche (from "Coppelia") by Leo Delibes; choreo Shae Zukiwski
5Nicole KUZMICH / Alexandr SINICYNCZE4
Waltz: Under Paris Skies by J.A. Brun, K. Gannon, H. Giraud, Foxtrot: Casablanca (soundtrack) by Max Steiner; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, and Rostislav Sinicyn
6Adeline GALAYAVIEVA / Laurent ABECASSISFRA5
Waltz: Ta P'tite Flamme by Amelie-Les-Crayons, Polka: Ivan, Boris, et Moi by Marie Laforet; choreo by Diana Ribas, Olivier Schoenfelder
7Kimberly WEI / Illias FOURATIHUN6
Waltz Masquerade by Aram Khatchaturian, Radetzky March by Johann Strauss; choreo by Dennis Petukhov
8Guoste DAMULEVICIUTE / Deividas KIZALALTU7
Persian March, Waltz; choreo by Rasa Birbaliene and Elena Maslennikova
9Ho Jung LEE / Richard Kang In KAMKOR8
Waltz: La Traviata by Guiseppe Verdi; choreo by Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe
10Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZDRUS9
Waltz Nr. 10 in H minor, op. 69.2 by Frederic Chopin, March: Russian Battle March; choreo Mikhail Kolegov
11Sofia SHEVCHENKOVA / Igor EREMENKORUS9
Waltz: Les Valses de Vienne by Francois Feldman, Foxtrot: Do your thing by Pure Energy; choreo byAlena Samarskaia
12Olga GIGLAVA / Aleksandr SIROSHTANUKR10
March, Waltz: My Sweet and Tender Beast (soundtrack) by Evgeni Doga; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
13Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROVUKR10
Waltz Masquerade by Aram Khatchaturian; choreo by Maria Tumanovskaia, and Anaida Koniar
14Julia BIECHLER / Damian DODGEUSA11
Foxtrot, Waltz: Close Your Eyes Meghan Trainor; choreo by Yovanny Durango and Natalia Linichuk
15Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONSUSA11
Waltz: Cinderella's Departure for the Ball by Sergei Prokofiev; choreo by Elena Novak

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TECH TEAM:

REF: Lolita LABUNSKAYA RUS
TC: Ludmila MIKHAILOVSKAYA UKR
TS: Rock LEMAY CAN
ATS: Roxane PETETIN FRA

The tech team and the SD start order are extremely favorable for the Russian teams.....
Quelle surprise!

Last edited:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
TECH TEAM:

REF: Lolita LABUNSKAYA RUS
TC: Ludmila MIKHAILOVSKAYA UKR
TS: Rock LEMAY CAN
ATS: Roxane PETETIN FRA

The tech team and the SD start order are extremely favorable for the Russian teams.....
Quelle surprise!

I think we should start a petition! We should consider the draw illegal if the results are not favourable for the USA teams!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The judging panel is even MORE favorable for the Russian teams: there are only 7 judges, from RUS, UKR, BUL, HUN, CZE, CAN, USA.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The judging panel is even MORE favorable for the Russian teams: there are only 7 judges, from RUS, UKR, BUL, HUN, CZE, CAN, USA.

Shouldn't you wait to see how the actual on ice skating is before going there?

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Hah! Michailovskaya in Tech Team and Maksayev in the panel - seems like a good day for ukrainian couples)

Layback11

Record Breaker

Thank you.

And TBH, the Parsons are likely the favorites here. Unless they fell or missed an element, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't win. Loboda/Drozd could win as well, but their awful finish at JWC makes me kind of doubt that they will-especially because the Parsons have improved a lot on PCS lately.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker

Yes, I bet Ukraine judge will love the Russians. And the Czech Republic, they were occupied by Russia for over twenty years, I can see how they will love to give Russian skaters any preferential treatment. Are you serious?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Yes, I bet Ukraine judge will love the Russians. And the Czech Republic, they were occupied by Russia for over twenty years, I can see how they will love to give Russian skaters any preferential treatment. Are you serious?

Somehow I doubt the NA judges want to see Russia regain its dominance in ice dance after two quads of US/Canadian dominance! And you're absolutely right about Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Obviously, the Russian judge would favor Russian teams, and maybe Bulgaria, but I don't think Hungary would. So that would probably mean:

RUS, BUL: favor Russian teams

USA, CAN: Favor NA teams

UKR, CZE, HUN: Favor neither.

Of course, in a perfect judging system, country favoritism would not exist and the best skater would win regardless of nationality. But alas, we do not skate under a perfect judging system. :no:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Parsons' SD from LPIDC recently
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVFSih-1uM

USA, CAN: Favor NA teams

I do not think so, not particularly.

The Canadians on average like romantic connection dances. Think Dubreuil & Lauzon, not to mention V&M. And Canadian skaters in general, of course.

Americans have tended to favor traditional ballroom.dances with very accurate timing. And American skaters in general, also of course.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think the judges makeup matters less than who is on the technical panel. Not even because of country, but whether that caller is strict or not. That seems to be more the downfall for some then who is on the judging panel.

humbaba

Final Flight
Damian Dodge is blogging from Bratislava for Icenetwork. The first installment is a hoot. His descriptions of the draw and his efforts to protect the team from picking up a bug on the flight over are priceless.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the judges makeup matters less than who is on the technical panel. Not even because of country, but whether that caller is strict or not. That seems to be more the downfall for some then who is on the judging panel.

I agree which is why I wish tech panels powers were more limited but that's another thread.

Maybe I'm a dreamer but I think the actual skating, blade to ice, is the most important factor in any event. Not even just a little but a lot. I'm not even remotely interested in where judges are from.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Damian Dodge is blogging from Bratislava for Icenetwork. The first installment is a hoot. His descriptions of the draw and his efforts to protect the team from picking up a bug on the flight over are priceless.

Oh, I read that! Hilarious! :laugh2: I was hoping they'd have Jacob Simon do the vlogs again like he did last year, but IDK if he's at this event. Maybe they will. Also, Damian has the greatest Twitter handle ever. It's @TasDamian_Devil :laugh2: :rofl: :points:

legjumper

Rinkside
Thank you.

And TBH, the Parsons are likely the favorites here. Unless they fell or missed an element, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't win. Loboda/Drozd could win as well, but their awful finish at JWC makes me kind of doubt that they will-especially because the Parsons have improved a lot on PCS lately.
Loboda/Drozd did not compete at Junior Worlds in March. I believe you are thinking of Popova/Vlasenko, who finished behind Loboda/Drozd at the JGPF last December.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

Yes, the season LITERALLY hasn't started yet. Perhaps we can hold off on the conspiracy theories for another 24 hours.

Excited to see Loboda/Drozd and the Parsons.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Detailed time schedule -- with start times for each couple:

Thx to CL_fan for pointing out that the ISU page for Bratislava does not have the usual links for the detailed time schedules for the individual entries in each segment.

ETA, the link to the SD live streaming, in case anyone still needs it:

Last edited: