2015 Cup of China Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

qwertyskates

Medalist
Can't wait to see Mao, I like the sexier music she's picked. Jumps look good, she's in great form, but i think Tuk's 3a is more solid. Mao might beat her with her PCS though.

nagoya

Rinkside
Can't wait to see Mao, I like the sexier music she's picked. Jumps look good, she's in great form, but i think Tuk's 3a is more solid. Mao might beat her with her PCS though.

More solid? Wow! Tuk only landed once or maybe twice and it is more solid already?? You got to be kidding

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Planned SP base values:

1) base value 27.63 (CHN) Lu ZHENG
(3Lo/2T, 3T, 2A*)
2) base value 31.14 (CHN) Ziquan ZHAO
(3T/3T, 3Lo*, 2A*)
3) base value 31.36 (SA) Hannah MILLER
(3T/3T, 3F*, 2A*)
4) base value 32.84 (USA) Karen CHEN
(3Lz/3T, 3Lo*, 2A*)
5) base value 30.83 (CHN) Zijun LI
(3T/3T, 3F, 2A*)
6) base value 32.23 (KOR) So Youn PARK
(3S/3T, 3Lz*, 2A*)
7) base value 38.80 (JPN) Mao ASADA
(3A, 3F/3Lo, 3Lz*) OR (3A, 3F/2Lo, 3Lo*) bv 34.51
8) base value 31.53 (SVK) Nicole RAJICOVA
(3T/3T, 3Lz, 2A*)
9) base value 33.13 (USA) Courtney HICKS
(3F/3T, 3Lz*, 2A*)
10) base value 33.13 (JPN) Rika HONGO
(3F/3T, 3Lz*, 2A*)
11) base value 32.84 (RUS) Elena RADIONOVA
(3Lz/3T, 3Lo*, 2A*)
12) base value 32.33 (RUS) Anna POGORILAYA
(3Lz/3T, 3Lo, 2A*)

Source: http://bit.ly/1kw4Pzw

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is so ambitious! My heart is racing fast already.

80 pts maybe even up to 83. But she doesn't need this difficult of routine. I wonder if it might have been smrter to do a 3L3L and 3flip and assuming the 3loop 3loop is easier for her than the 3flip; she has worked on the lutz though (still concerned). Her pcs are going to be out of the roof she doesn't need the 3A. If she can go semi clean she probably is unbeatable. With her pcs and if she does a clean 3A she can fall on a jump and still probably win. well maybe if it is not the combo I guess it might be more touch and go but it depends I suppose if she lands the first jump and fully rotates the second and then falls.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am so upset about Mao's performance tomorrow...

Hope to see:
1. the first woman receiving more than 80 points in the SP.
2. second woman ever with four triples in the SP
3. a masterpiece

But otherwise I am ready to wait till worlds.

jinhamasaki

Rinkside
80 pts maybe even up to 83. But she doesn't need this difficult of routine. I wonder if it might have been smrter to do a 3L3L and 3flip and assuming the 3loop 3loop is easier for her than the 3flip; she has worked on the lutz though (still concerned). Her pcs are going to be out of the roof she doesn't need the 3A. If she can go semi clean she probably is unbeatable. With her pcs and if she does a clean 3A she can fall on a jump and still probably win. well maybe if it is not the combo I guess it might be more touch and go but it depends I suppose if she lands the first jump and fully rotates the second and then falls.

Her speed and ice coverage are simply amazing now. I can definitely see 83. I was hoping she would flip to a 3T in her combo, it seems pretty solid and she has been practicing it.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I love flirty and cheeky Mao. Please have playful, beautiful dress (or outfit, doesn't need to be a dress) :luv17::hap93::cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The time is convenient to me. I will be here to deliver popcorn. :popcorn:
Feel free to ask, because I know tomorrow there will be some debate. :angry1:

qwertyskates

Medalist
More solid? Wow! Tuk only landed once or maybe twice and it is more solid already?? You got to be kidding

I'm looking at this season - Tuk's 3a height and rotation are amazing, even if her landing is shaky and if she were to fall, she still rotated fully. In the practice video, Mao's 3a looks under-rotated, which is a concern.

It doesn't mean that alone will net Tuk the GPF, Mao has other qualities in her skating, but I'd say as of today, Tuk's 3a has better height, speed, rotation so far.

I hope Mao lands a good one, I want to see it too, and her other triples, it'll be amazing.

Tuk is taking a lot of flak for SC for her overall skating, but she did shakily land an impressively rotated 3a.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
goos luck everyone, esp Zijun
Oh Lena, Im so nervous for her! GO girl!:cheer:

this leg of the GP is on eof the most interesting for me (if not THE most:clapper:)

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm not going to be able to watch any of this live :dbana:

It's going to be an amazing competition though.