2015 Cup of China Ladies Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
:laugh2: Why are you running away? It is on the flat side now, which is a heck of a lot better then on the in-side that it used to be.

:laugh: just to bring some fun melodrama here :biggrin:
I am quite proud of what Mao has done actually. Habits are hard to break and seeing her get at least a ! on her lutz is an amazing improvement and achievement.
:dance3:

roma

On the Ice
To anyone still saying Mao's speed is average or above average only, if you have the chance, go see her skate live. And then you will see the big difference between the speed you see in videos and the speed she has skating live. She's as fast or sometimes even faster than Carolina from what I saw during Worlds 2014 and during TheICE in July. And like what others have already posted she really doesn't need a lot of crossovers to gain speed.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I'm going to Boston so I'm looking forwards to seeing all skaters live. I doubt she's Kostner fast, but I might have to retract my words next spring

This is Mao's opportunity to show that she OWNS this season. If she blows every else out of the water, the rest will be looking over their shoulder from now to worlds. If she lets the others stay close, -- who knows? -- something funny could happen on the way to the coronation.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Do we know the tech panel yet? Or did I miss it?

Panel of Judges
Referee: Mr. Albert ZAYDMAN
TC:Ms. Deborah NOYES
TS: Ms. Masako KAWAI
ATS: Mr. David SANTEE

(from twitter they are of: Australia, Japan, US)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
There is no practice thread nor is there a lot practice videos. The practice was not open to the public?

Meoima

Match Penalty
:laugh2: Why are you running away?
She is scared of being killed by some fan. :handw:

Sorry I just want to have a chance to use the new emoticons :giveup:

Want some popcorn? :popcorn:

Panel of Judges
Referee: Mr. Albert ZAYDMAN
TC:Ms. Deborah NOYES
TS: Ms. Masako KAWAI
ATS: Mr. David SANTEE
(from twitter they are of: Australia, Japan, US)
Great! :hap57:

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
She is scared of being killed by some fan. :handw:

I had the same urge when I saw those new emoticons. :laugh:

Want some popcorn? :popcorn:

I would love some, but I have to miss the show due to the fact that I have to be at work at 7am. And I need all the sleep I can get. :dbana:

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

A panties-waving smiley?? :reye: The admins must have got ahold of some dubious weed recently ...

Back to topic. I can't make up my mind what to hope for in this ladies' SP. Don't know if I prefer Mao to knock it out of the park and crack the 80 or to have a less than stellar performance and let her struggle a bit along the season. A major setback that would endanger the GPF for her would be too much, but then again so many other skaters deserve a shot too, Anna, Elena, Rika ... difficult, difficult ... :scratch:

Maybe it's better to postpone the 80 and save it for the WC.

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm working from home tomorrow which means I don't have to wake up early to make it to work. I can wake up early, watch the ladies SP and then go back to sleep, and pop up at 8:00am and log on to my computer for work :hap93:

I'm so excited to see Mao back. She's looking very sure and easy in practice; I hope she carries that over to the competition as well. I think the year off did her a lot of good. She really has nothing left to prove at this point so she can just skate and enjoy herself. I would love to see her nail all of her content in the SP. If she does she'll undoubtedly break her WR score and be the first woman to break 80 points. In this field she should be at least 4 points ahead of everyone in PCS alone...

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
There is no practice thread nor is there a lot practice videos. The practice was not open to the public?
I don't think the practice is closed to the public. It seems that everybody is focusing on Mao and very little attention is paid to other girls. :disapp: People's excessive attention reminds me of the rivaling period of Yuna Kim and her, and I don't see such intense pressure will be able to help her deliver in large competitions.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I don't think the practice is closed to the public. It seems that everybody is focusing on Mao and very little attention is paid to other girls. :disapp: People's excessive attention reminds me of the rivaling period of Yuna Kim and her, and I don't see such intense pressure will be able to help her deliver in large competitions.

If someone can take it it's Mao with her long experience. She has fought much harder battles. A simple GP shouldn't be much of a challenge for her nerves. Anyone know how many she has done already?

EDIT: On Wikipedia I count 18(!) plus 6 GPF. Juniors not included.

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Yesterday's practice was for sure open to the public. Most of the practice reports are from Weibo (i.e. Chinese version of twitter). But the practice this morning seems to be closed? According to the schedule, the ladies' SP practice will end soon but I don't really find any info re. today's practice so far. These are from Weibo about yesterday's practices (it was either SP or FP with the music):

Miller: 3T3T 3Lo-fall 3F 2A
Hicks: 3F1T 3Lo 2A
Karen: 3Lz3T < 3F 2A~3S 3Lz 3Lo 2A 3S2T
Anna: 3Lz3T fall 3Lo 2A (also off music: 3Lz3T 3Lo~3S 3F )
Elena: 3Lo, a 3LoFall (in report it was her FS, but she didn't jump much, mostly working on Stsq and posture)
Zijun: sp 3T3T<fall 3T3T 2A (also some 2A-3T off music)
Soyoun: 3Lz 2A3T 3S?1Lz 3S (working hard on 2A-3T off music)
Rika (I posted in Rika's discussion): 3Ffall 3Stano 3Lz3T 2A3T2Ttano 3S2T 3Lz (there were a couple of 3F-3T, but also fell on some 3F)
Ziquan: 3Lz-fall 2A3T 3Lo 2s
Lu: 3Lo2Lo 3Lo 2S 2A2T