2016 US Nationals Senior Men FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Men FS

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Jalovick was enjoyable, but I want to burn his costume.

I think he's supposed to either be a waterbender and the blue stripes are water that's he's manipulating, or he's Aang and the blue stripes are his tattoos (but that doesn't explain why they're spiraling up his legs).

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
4 Ben Jalovick

Music: Avatar: The Last Airbender (TV series) by Jeremy Zuckerman

White tunic, grey pants, blue stripes, arm plates

2A
3Lz+1Lo+3S - foot down
3F+2T
CSSp
StSq
3Lz
3Lo+2T
FCSp - bit wonky
3Lo
ChSq
3T
2A
CCoSp3p

He nods, seems pleased

He should be. He just beat his Sectionals score by ~13 points.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes I think we should look and see though a number of these skaters are not going to be at the tippy top of the podium at nationals, it's refreshing to see those who are super happy and appreciative to just be at nationals. Doesn't matter if they don't have as high of technical skills.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he's supposed to either be a waterbender and the blue stripes are water that's he's manipulating, or he's Aang and the blue stripes are his tattoos (but that doesn't explain why they're spiraling up his legs).

Interesting. I'm glad there's a reason behind the blue stripes, but I still find them really distracting. Too many stripes for me, but oh well.

Edit: Has anyone noticed there's almost 25,000 people watching the Korean stream? That's a good chunk of people!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I enjoyed all the men in the first group, but Sebastian is a definite step up. I hope I didn't just jinx him- he's doing great!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Edit: Has anyone noticed there's almost 25,000 people watching the Korean stream? That's a good chunk of people!

Where are you getting that number? My screen says 240 viewers. No way are that many people tuning in to see all these 2As...trust me

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Sebastien Payannet

Music: Piano Concerto No. 1 by Tchaikovsky; Dumky Trio

Red shirt, square neckline, black pants

3Lz - !
3F
3S+2T
FCSp
3T
CSSp
StSq
3T+1Lo+2S
2A
3S
ChSq
2A - stepout, hands down
CCoSp3p

Bit lower difficulty, but overall solid skate

FS: 53.80+62.78 = 116.58, 172.68, 1/5

Last edited:

Plisskin

Medalist
Where are you getting that number? My screen says 240 viewers. No way are that many people tuning in to see all these 2As...trust me
I think their confusing the amount of live viewers watching right now vs the total number of people who have watched that channel before. :)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I see the little person figure at 240 something and then the eye symbol right next to it with the larger number. But I don't read Korean and haven't been on the site before, so... guess I misinterpreted the figures on top? What's the eye symbol for then?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Random fall of his step sequence. How will that be scored? Negative GOE, loss of level, or did he lose the whole element?