2016 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Free Dance

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i enjoy G&P's fd a lot, love the 2nd lift and how its times with the music

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Nice job by Piper and Paul! :) I really like this FD. I wish they would get more credit for their innovative choreography. They are always interesting to watch!

Idontsk8

On the Ice
I think Blumberg is reallly a stickler in the step sequences and that's something where G/P are vulnerable. It looked like they got a level 2 in one of the steps at least.

One thing I noticed, if I'm not the only one, is that the 1st step sequence was off the music. It had way too many things that didn't match the dance and looked iffy. The 2nd one was better at least for me.

lyndichee

Medalist
The old costumes looked better in my opinion but I love their FD. It is not as over the top as their SD but still innovative and exciting.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I think it's remarkable how quickly Kana Muramoto has learned ice dancer/become a strong ice dancer. Given she trained as a singles skater under the same coach as Miyahara (Mie Hamada) who REALLY emphasizes skating skills, step sequences, and choreo/emoting, so she already had a solid foundation.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think it's remarkable how quickly Kana Muramoto has learned ice dancer/become a strong ice dancer. Given she trained as a singles skater under the same coach as Miyahara (Mie Hamada) who REALLY emphasizes skating skills, step sequences, and choreo/emoting, so she already had a solid foundation.

It's a surprisingly good match between these two...there is hope for Japan Ice dance...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really lovely from Reed/Kuramoto! We'll see if they win the battle of the Asian teams....:)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I really enjoyed this team! Can someone fill me in on why Chris is no longer skating w his sister and how his new partnership came together? Very pleasant and enjoyable program!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Muramoto/Reed! Their expressions are awesome :) And their costumes are so bright too :laugh:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm in love with Kana and Chris's FD! So playful, joyful and light! I hope they can jump in ratings with time. So much beauty in what they do. :luv17:

burntBREAD

Medalist
It's a surprisingly good match between these two...there is hope for Japan Ice dance...

Yes, it actually seems like Chris is a bit more error-prone (and his posture definitely needs work as he sticks his neck out an awful lot), but they've essentially already surpassed what Chris did with his sister within a season!

Lindacrow

Final Flight
I really enjoyed this team! Can someone fill me in on why Chris is no longer skating w his sister and how his new partnership came together? Very pleasant and enjoyable program!

Cathy retired. So Chris needed a new partner. Kana and her old partnership dissolved as well so the two were partnerless.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States

All I remember is that Cathy Reed retired from skating, but Chris wanted to continue. I'm not sure about how he and Kana were paired up though :)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist

Cathy retired last year, but I'm not sure how this partnership came to be. They have a lot of potential! :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
as everyone said, Kana has such spark about her, i love the way they get into start position but i was worried it would took more than 30 secs :laugh:

begin

Medalist
Maybe I was just distracted by Kana<3 or something but those music cuts actually worked