State of Australian Skating 2016 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

State of Australian Skating 2016

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
But surely she could have skated both senior and junior at worlds like she wanted to last year and did at nationals. That would be the right thing to do

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
She only did junior and senior at nationals because she was unaware of which world championships she was being sent to. Now that she knows she is going to senior worlds I'm sure she wants to solely focus on one worlds. And yeah she will probably still skate junior grand prixs next season because it's a great way to get her world ranking up which is a smart thing to do.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
IAs another poster said in response to a nasty comment by Karne in a thread about Worlds teams,

Oh yes, the poster that also claimed I was "gloating" about Brooklee being left at home and somehow interpreted a very obvious comment about Nagasu to be about Australian skating.

I would find it amusing that you lot have clearly never read a single post except what you want to see, if it wasn't so hurtful to be attacked for doing nothing but support all of Team Australia.

snsd

On the Ice
So, now that the season is coming to a close with only worlds left and most Aussies finished for the season.

I have a few questions about the Aussies this season.

1. Who surprised you this year?
2. Most Improved skater?
3. Favorite performance?
4. Who are we looking out for next season?
5. What was your most disappointing moment from a skater this year?
6. What is the current state of Australian skating? Good? Bad? Improving?

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
So where will everything be at by the end of the year? Who will be at the top?

Figure, Pairs, Ice Dance, Synchro... lots of speculation!

Certainly not ladies. Synchro is the way of the future !

ISA needs to be more representative of all disciplines of the sport. Publishing letters of skaters after they failed is not professional and that should be left to personal facebook pages. As far as i was aware selection for South Korea wont happen for 12 months so it is unfair to other skaters to give the inpression that Craine is the only contender. Brooklee is more than capable of landing a clean 3L 2L and im sure is equally able to win ladies a spot.

ISA please stop this one sided manipulation of the media as has been also done in the past years leading into olympics. Let the skating and results speak for itself.

brookes1968

Rinkside
My predication is Cain will come in and beat the lot - she has very good experience and training. Its a shame she cant get the exposure to international comps we do as its so much harder in the USA. What a shame she couldnt pair with an Aussie boy as they would be certains for 2018. Is she too tall for Jordan Dodds or is that the plan ?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My predication is Cain will come in and beat the lot - she has very good experience and training. Its a shame she cant get the exposure to international comps we do as its so much harder in the USA. What a shame she couldnt pair with an Aussie boy as they would be certains for 2018. Is she too tall for Jordan Dodds or is that the plan ?

Erm, was this accidentally posted here instead of the Aussie Fan Fest thread? Because it seems a natural continuation of the conversation you were involved in over there.

If it was a mistake, you can report the post to the Mods and ask them to move it. Or, since there hasn't been any newer posts in the other thread you could just re-post it there yourself and delete the post here.

If it was intended to be posted here, my apologies.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: