Best costume, hair or make up for 2015-2016 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Best costume, hair or make up for 2015-2016

brightphoton

Medalist
It's really too bad about Ashley's hair. Her natural shade is really lovely.

For this year and last year, she dyed her hair red because the main character in Moulin Rouge had red hair. But getting and maintaining a red shade that looks natural and good must be a difficult task. Nicole Kidman must have had a whole team of professionals to keep her red hair during the movie.

In the years before that, she dyed her hair blonde because she was playing Delilah and her costume was golden yellow.

I hope this year she can go back to non-dyed hair, just to give her hair a break from the constant cycle of bleaching and dyeing and bleaching and dyeing.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Meagan Duhamel looked exceptionally good! I don't know if her marriage and family life has anything to do with it - but she just glows and has this inner confidence. She was perfect hair to feet ! All her dresses were beautiful and fitted her body type perfectly. I think she found her designer!

On the other hand - I hated Ashley's LP everything this season. I found her new hair color terrible and made her hair look damaged and weak (just my opinion, people), and it distracted me from everything that was good in her LP. Her SP dress was stunning. But her hair still ruined the image for me ;(

Elena Radioniva's dresses were also beautiful (I mean the first LP dress obviously :biggrin:) I also enjoyed her hairstyles and make up ( except for at Russian nationals).

Meagan looked great!...Totally agree on Ashley's hair. Also, white costumes are one of my least favorite things. Seems she had a red costume recently that would have been SO much better. Don't want to be too harsh on her, as she did give us one of the most exciting skates of the entire competition...Elena, mmmm. Won't go there.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Mao's FS dress + Yuzu's FS - I really like costumes that are blended with different cultures

Elena's black dress at Euros - Very classy that makes her look like Kate Winslet

Marin's FS - In fact I like her overall style, it really makes her look like a mature young lady

Anna Cappellini's both costumes - The SD one makes her look very elegant, the one in the FD is very classy

Rika's FS - glittering emerald dress. Gorgeous!

Best hair goes to Anna Cappellini (she can make a collection this year), Alex and Shoma (I like when their hair gets messy but they don't seem to care, showing wildness, nonchalance and coolness.)

andromache

Record Breaker
Ksenia Stolbova had the most gorgeous, genuinely sexy costumes. A lot of costumes try to be sexy and fail, but hers this season were so simplistically sexy. I also like the short hair on her, and I don't think her makeup has ever been bad.

I was also a fan of Alexa Scimeca's unique lipstick choice for the SP, though I realize that's not a popular opinion.

Gracie's SP dress was a stunner. Loved how simple it was, with a unique design and that flash of red on the underside.

Loved Elena Rad's SP dress, the purple LP dress, and the black LP dress. Too bad her Worlds dress was tragic-looking.

Liza Tuk's horrible dresses have been discussed to death, but her styling was also not on point AT ALL this season. She has a very regal face, very classic and sophisticated...but she can also look old when the styling isn't right. (Especially in comparison to someone like Evgenia, who has very big eyes and will tend to look young, for example.) It only became a problem with her styling this season.

Here is a close up from the 2014-2015 season. Here is one from this season.

In 2014-2015, Liza rocks a ponytail (which I wasn't a fan of, but better than the low bun this season), peach blush and a peachy pink lip, light eyeshadow. Very youthful. This season, she has the low bun (which screams old, especially with her particular facial features), dark blush, darker lip, darker eyeshadow. To her credit, her eyebrows look flawless in this photo. But besides that, all of these things age her. If it were up to me, I'd have her in a high bun, light pink blush, light shadow, and a bold red lip. Everything light and bright to keep her looking young and in cool tones to suit her coloring.

I love talking about makeup.

temadd

Final Flight

For this year and last year, she dyed her hair red because the main character in Moulin Rouge had red hair. But getting and maintaining a red shade that looks natural and good must be a difficult task. Nicole Kidman must have had a whole team of professionals to keep her red hair during the movie.

In the years before that, she dyed her hair blonde because she was playing Delilah and her costume was golden yellow.

I hope this year she can go back to non-dyed hair, just to give her hair a break from the constant cycle of bleaching and dyeing and bleaching and dyeing.

I think Ashley is beautiful as a redhead. I think she should keep it. It makes her blue eyes pop and it suits her personality. Was not a fan of the blond.

Amei

Record Breaker
I think Ashley is beautiful as a redhead. I think she should keep it. It makes her blue eyes pop and it suits her personality. Was not a fan of the blond.

She should stop dying her hair - her hair up close looks damaged. She should either let it go back to her original color or at least keep it consistently 1 color.

Lipea

Final Flight
Choosing only out of what I remember:

Anna's SP AND Ex dress - she always has something the most original!
Ksenia Stolbova's both SP and LP dresses
Evgenia's SP dress and hair
Elizabet's SP "I got rhythm" dress
Elena's LP first dress
Gracie's LP dress and hair
Rika's LP dress
Mao's LP dress (the fabric!)
Angelina's all dreses, especially EX: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...performs-during-the-gala-news-photo/507770380
Sotskova's LP dress (yes, unlike majority of people I thought it was very interestng and fitting the music)
Yuzuru's LP
Floran's LP
Shibutani both programs
Capellini Ex
Papadakis/Cizeron Ex
Sinitsina and Katsalapov SP
Chock and Bates EX

Madison Chock, Ashley Wagner, Ksenia, Angelina Kuchvalska, Elizaveta (of course, these eyes) - best makeup

Best hair: Alaine Chartrand

Worst dresses:
Elizaveta - SP (black robe again?)
Yulia - all three (all three dresses made her body look squarish with unpropotionally heavy chest... she probably should wear something simplier like later on Russian Cup Final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SciWuZPiylg)
Elena - the last LP (I also think her black/white one looked a bit like lingerie and these colors didn't suit her at all; the last EX outfit wasn't quite convincing either - the skirt should have been shorter and panties white to complete the "image" realistically :biggrin:)
Satoko - LP dress

Worst makeup:
Elena, for the most of the season (the girl is pretty, why so much of face countour?)

Worst hair:
Elizaveta
I also didn't understand the reason of Yulia's SP hair style: neither the connection to the program nor in terms of how it fits to her

Last edited:

khughes

On the Ice

Unfortunately, I think she has to damage it further to go back to her own color. Kidman, who is probably gray now, was a natural redhead, so her hair suited her skin in Moulin Rouge. Ashley's hair color fights with her skin tone. Plus, as I said in an earlier post, she's gone for DC newsreader red. It's a frumpy kind of color. She needs to go to a really good salon.

withwings

On the Ice
Unfortunately, I think she has to damage it further to go back to her own color. Kidman, who is probably gray now, was a natural redhead, so her hair suited her skin in Moulin Rouge. Ashley's hair color fights with her skin tone. Plus, as I said in an earlier post, she's gone for DC newsreader red. It's a frumpy kind of color. She needs to go to a really good salon.

Ashley has such a natural charm and beauty, why all this heavy make-up and hair colouring... It always better less than more.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i don't think liking Patrick's body makes us superficial... i like his body with all my heart and soul ;)
I know but, My Mother always told me that thanking God for superficial things like "Patrick's Body" would be sacrilegious.