2016 Autumn Classic Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Entries

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yup... i am skipping work to go ... oups :) and max is not pchiddy in my heart of course, but i am looking forward to see his gorgeous body ;) hahahaha

the line up for men, if nobody withdraws is pretty impressive! I am pretty happy with everything... not bad for a senior B...
Oh are you going, 4everchan? Lucky you! Max the Lion King, AND some totally awesome Team Australia! Wish I was going!

- - - Updated - - -

you are welcome... i have to skip juniors altogether as I have no time... but yeah... it will be fun
Thanks, 4everchan! I'm disappointed that Jun Hwan Cha's not competing again, but the senior lineup is so fabulous, I can't complain.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Looks like most of the senior entries are skaters who will be at Skate Canada. Good for them for getting some competition time in Canada before the GP. Though this also means if you can't go to one event, just go to the other. :)

As for the junior entries...why are only 2 men entered for Canada? Are these guys the only two that won't be given a JGP (as per the wording of the NSS rules)? Good to see a couple Canadian ladies entered and all the different nationalities competing. :thumbsup:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
except for patrick :(((((((
Looks like most of the senior entries are skaters who will be at Skate Canada. Good for them for getting some competition time in Canada before the GP. Though this also means if you can't go to one event, just go to the other. :)

As for the junior entries...why are only 2 men entered for Canada? Are these guys the only two that won't be given a JGP (as per the wording of the NSS rules)? Good to see a couple Canadian ladies entered and all the different nationalities competing. :thumbsup:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
except for patrick :(((((((

You're on the list for Nationals tickets, right? Two of his best performances last season were at Nationals. And it's his birth city. :yes: And you get to see Yuzuru if he's good to go. There are fan girls all over the World who are envious of you Mr. 4everchan. :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
are you one of these fangirls ? hehehehehehe

i am on the list for Nationals. I also was on the list for SC but cannot go... so I shouldn't complain that ACI is in my hood... :) and yes... yuzu would be great but somehow, everyone says he is injured and may not go so I got disappointed once with chiddy, then the stupid article that said that D/R were going was wrong, so I am not hoping too much for yuzu now...
You're on the list for Nationals tickets, right? Two of his best performances last season were at Nationals. And it's his birth city. :yes: And you get to see Yuzuru if he's good to go. There are fan girls all over the World who are envious of you Mr. 4everchan. :laugh:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
are you one of these fangirls ? hehehehehehe

i am on the list for Nationals. I also was on the list for SC but cannot go... so I shouldn't complain that ACI is in my hood... :) and yes... yuzu would be great but somehow, everyone says he is injured and may not go so I got disappointed once with chiddy, then the stupid article that said that D/R were going was wrong, so I am not hoping too much for yuzu now...

LOL I'm going to be at Skate Canada, so I am not. It's ~15 minutes from me so I can just get up and party all through the last week of October. :dance: I'm kinda sad that I won't be able to go to ACI though, because I really wanted to see Tessa & Scott and Julianne & Charlie. Cheer extra hard for me, ok?

As for Yuzuru, he isn't injured but since he usually has about 4 months and some ice show(s) to work with his programs his prep really has been cut short this year. So it's not so much health, it's more mental and physical readiness. I think Brian wants him to take it slow and steady this year because he has a lot of competitions so if he's not feeling it by last week of September he can skip ACI. I think though he'd rather not skip it. He had to be talked out of Finlandia once by his massage therapist. He's really keen on these pre-GP events. Whereas our Chiddy is doing his first ever CS event this year. All part of the 'compete more' process, I suppose.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL I'm going to be at Skate Canada, so I am not. It's ~15 minutes from me so I can just get up and party all through the last week of October. :dance: I'm kinda sad that I won't be able to go to ACI though, because I really wanted to see Tessa & Scott and Julianne & Charlie. Cheer extra hard for me, ok?

As for Yuzuru, he isn't injured but since he usually has about 4 months and some ice show(s) to work with his programs his prep really has been cut short this year. So it's not so much health, it's more mental and physical readiness. I think Brian wants him to take it slow and steady this year because he has a lot of competitions so if he's not feeling it by last week of September he can skip ACI. I think though he'd rather not skip it. He had to be talked out of Finlandia once by his massage therapist. He's really keen on these pre-GP events. Whereas our Chiddy is doing his first ever CS event this year. All part of the 'compete more' process, I suppose.

i certainly am looking forward to S/B sbs triple loops :) and the return of the greatest dancers ever :) Skate Canada will just be so amazing. Lucky fruit you are !!!! But yes, I think I'll be at Nationals :) oh... and i cannot wait to see alaine's funky spins LOL

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Well, I wouldn't blame any of the top 3 teams not to cross paths with VM for the longest time possible. Look at how Weaver and Poje aren't scheduled to compete against them until nationals... (or GPF) .... We know what happens when hierarchic scoring says HELLO :)

Best place to get feedback from the European dance judges is in Europe. Best place to get tough feedback on early season programs is across the ocean from whichever continent you normally compete on. Worlds is in Europe this season. And there is no reason for any team to meet V&M in Canada if they can meet them in neutral territory elsewhere. I don't think it's necessarily about time, but about location. (Meeting a comeback team early can be a plus, but not meeting them on home ground in a country where they have already clearly been chosen to compete at SC above the reigning national champions). And pitting your own country's dance teams against one another early on automatically subjugates one team beneath the other internationally. Bad idea. Much smarter to send each team onto the international scene with an argument for being number one. IMO.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Best place to get feedback from the European dance judges is in Europe. Best place to get tough feedback on early season programs is across the ocean from whichever continent you normally compete on. Worlds is in Europe this season. And there is no reason for any team to meet V&M in Canada if they can meet them in neutral territory elsewhere. I don't think it's necessarily about time, but about location. (Meeting a comeback team early can be a plus, but not meeting them on home ground in a country where they have already clearly been chosen to compete at SC above the reigning national champions). And pitting your own country's dance teams against one another early on automatically subjugates one team beneath the other internationally. Bad idea. Much smarter to send each team onto the international scene with an argument for being number one. IMO.

well... V/M are pretty much alone at ACI.... no strong American team, no French, no second strong Canadian team... so that part I got right.

For Finlandia, I haven't seen the entries? Are they up?

I think SC was right in not making Weapo and VM compete against each other. They were also smart in keeping V/M at home where they will be safe at the beginning of the season, if they need to adjust slightly.

I think we are saying the same thing ...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Yeah because we don't know the entries for Nepela and Finlandia it may be that both Weaver/Poje and Virtue/Moir are going to compete in Europe before the GP. As for assignments, Weaver/Poje would get two on the merit of their results from last season. Virtue/Moir were less guaranteed to get two. So it makes sense for Skate Canada to give them a spot. Also gives better chances for both teams to medal well.

I noticed this on Skate Canada's schedule page:

Victory Ceremonies will take place off-ice at the conclusion of each event with the exception of Senior Men which will take place on ice.

The Japanese media and fans can take some great photos. :agree: But why won't they tell us about live streaming? :angry2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah because we don't know the entries for Nepela and Finlandia it may be that both Weaver/Poje and Virtue/Moir are going to compete in Europe before the GP. As for assignments, Weaver/Poje would get two on the merit of their results from last season. Virtue/Moir were less guaranteed to get two. So it makes sense for Skate Canada to give them a spot. Also gives better chances for both teams to medal well.

I noticed this on Skate Canada's schedule page:

The Japanese media and fans can take some great photos. :agree: But why won't they tell us about live streaming? :angry2:

oh oh... maybe there isn't ?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
HEHE... if they don't, I will try to post all about it ;) including pictures of Yuzu for you Mango fangirl ;)

has he even announced his programs?

Oh can you do fancam videos? Is that possible? Even short clips would be appreciated! :hap85:

Yuzuru hasn't announced program yet, though a skater who trained with him mentioned his SP is rock. She mentioned something about the FS as well, like it's 'strong' or something, but don't quote me on this.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
video is totally forbidden :)
Oh can you do fancam videos? Is that possible? Even short clips would be appreciated! :hap85:

Yuzuru hasn't announced program yet, though a skater who trained with him mentioned his SP is rock. She mentioned something about the FS as well, like it's 'strong' or something, but don't quote me on this.

and i just quoted you LOL

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, I hope there will be a live stream, I want to see how much better The Lion King is looking by then, and also how much stronger Brendan is looking, and Mark's voidy awesomeness, and Andrew's gorgeous programs!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
video is totally forbidden :)

and i just quoted you LOL

Haha 'forbidden'...right... (You will take that rule seriously, won't you? :eeking: But the fan girls...) There better be enough live streaming for us to not need any fan cams videos. :dev2:

It's "beautiful" and "strong". Went back and checked. But we'll know since he's announcing his music on the 13th.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Haha 'forbidden'...right... (You will take that rule seriously, won't you? :eeking: But the fan girls...) There better be enough live streaming for us to not need any fan cams videos. :dev2:

It's "beautiful" and "strong". Went back and checked. But we'll know since he's announcing his music on the 13th.

sounds like patrick to me lol

FTnoona

Final Flight

I thought Yuzuru is just coming off of a lisfranc injury on his left foot. I think there were some reports on his fanfest that said he's still shying away a bit from the 4Ts because it was a jump that aggravated his injury at worlds.

I'm looking forward to see Mirai's programs. I really wish I could go to one of these smaller ISU competitions because the setting seems much more intimate than the competitions in huge arena.

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I thought Yuzuru is just coming off of a lisfranc injury on his left foot. I think there were some reports on his fanfest that said he's still shying away a bit from the 4Ts because it was a jump that aggravated his injury at worlds.

I'm looking forward to see Mirai's programs. I really wish I could go to one of these smaller ISU competitions because the setting seems much more intimate than the competitions in huge arena.

Yes, you are right that he was injured. He's better now. He did do an exhibition in Kumamoto so we know he's able to skate entire programs.

I would like to see how Mirai's FS has evolved. I wonder if David Wilson will be there with her, and if Ice Network will cover it for an article. :think: